Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 968 - Hallowscream to return this year
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Re: Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK) Discussion Thread

Postby KI Kidd » Wed May 30, 2012 6:40 pm

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Wed May 30, 2012 6:47 pm

Lets face it...the park is done. The waterpark will survive, but the rides section is done for.

Du skulblaka fricai

Postby timetrial3141592 » Wed May 30, 2012 7:04 pm

I have a friend in Kentucky. He recently suggested to the Kochs that they build a Mega-Lite in Bluegrass Boardwalk. They said, and I quote: "That's not a bad idea."

Granted, this is complete hearsay, but if Bluegrass Boardwalk does get a Mega-Lite, you heard it from me first.

Again, this is just based on a phone conversation with someone who submitted a suggestion and got a response.
If this post expresses an opinion that you do not like, please refrain from bashing me, changing my profile pic and title, or sending me angry PMs. Instead try posting a thought-out response. I try to respect your views; please respect mine. Thank you.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Wed May 30, 2012 8:17 pm

^^^TMI KI Kidd,TMI!!!
I feel sorry for whoever had to get that "insider information" for that report.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby disneyfan1313 » Wed May 30, 2012 9:07 pm

Why am I not shocked in the least. I have a feeling it will be just the waterpark with a limited amount of rides for a few years until they can build up the capital.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby IronWolfman » Thu May 31, 2012 8:30 am

timetrial3141592 wrote:I have a friend in Kentucky. He recently suggested to the Kochs that they build a Mega-Lite in Bluegrass Boardwalk. They said, and I quote: "That's not a bad idea."

Granted, this is complete hearsay, but if Bluegrass Boardwalk does get a Mega-Lite, you heard it from me first.

Again, this is just based on a phone conversation with someone who submitted a suggestion and got a response.

I remember on Holiday World's Facebook page that they were "Researching" on Intamin and BGT's Cheetah Hunt. They may be looking into Intamin ;)

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby KI Kidd » Thu May 31, 2012 5:39 pm

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Thu May 31, 2012 7:04 pm

Pretty interesting article there by Ed Hart, does raise a few questions about the history of this project. I agree with most of his points, except I have to think that the team that won the bid to operate the park (Holiday Workd/Kochs) had the places best interest in mind all along. Well see what ends up happening with this place, but after these recent reports of the existing condition of the property I can't get my hopes too high.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Thu May 31, 2012 7:21 pm

Hilltopper39 wrote:Pretty interesting article there by Ed Hart, does raise a few questions about the history of this project. I agree with most of his points, except I have to think that the team that won the bid to operate the park (Holiday Workd/Kochs) had the places best interest in mind all along. Well see what ends up happening with this place, but after these recent reports of the existing condition of the property I can't get my hopes too high.

What can we expect what with the way SFI just took what they could as fast as they could & then left the rest to rot?I applaud the Kochs for wanting to take up the challenge of turning the place around & bringing it back from the dead...too bad this couldn't have been done with GL & or SFAW.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Thu May 31, 2012 11:30 pm

KDCOASTERFAN wrote:
Hilltopper39 wrote:Pretty interesting article there by Ed Hart, does raise a few questions about the history of this project. I agree with most of his points, except I have to think that the team that won the bid to operate the park (Holiday Workd/Kochs) had the places best interest in mind all along. Well see what ends up happening with this place, but after these recent reports of the existing condition of the property I can't get my hopes too high.

What can we expect what with the way SFI just took what they could as fast as they could & then left the rest to rot?I applaud the Kochs for wanting to take up the challenge of turning the place around & bringing it back from the dead...too bad this couldn't have been done with GL & or SFAW.

Geauga Lake is still kinda open. Too bad Cedar Fair won't add any waterpark attractions to it since 2006.
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!