Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 968 - Hallowscream to return this year
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A village is missing its IDIOT!

Re: Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK) Discussion Thread

Postby XYZ » Fri May 11, 2012 8:10 pm

ratdogg68 wrote:Their biggest draw will be the Waterpark. They need to add some more slides where Chang was, get rid of T2 and add another Wave Pool and make Penguins Blizzard like Pilgrims Plunge. Enter from the Waterpark or the Amusement Park. Get rid of Mile High Falls and place a Giant Frisbee there. That's some of my thoughts on what to do.

I think removing T2 and expanding the water park over Chang's & T2's location wouldn't be that wise of a decision as the park won't deliver the thrills. Also, I think a new coaster in the future would be good in Chang's location.
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby John Peck » Fri May 11, 2012 9:07 pm

On the contrary, T2 would fetch a good price if sold. It's rough, has a 52" height restriction, needs a ton of work and is in the way of a possible water park expansion. However.... I think T2 is owned by the State or the Fairgrounds, but don't quote me on that.

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Der Der Dongt » Sun May 13, 2012 12:56 pm

I think it would make sense to focus more on thrills and the amusemnt instead of the waterpark since their not too far away Holidayworld does it the other way around.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby disneyfan1313 » Sun May 13, 2012 12:59 pm

^ But that does bring up a good point. Are they going to cannibalize each other or are they different markets? I feel like 90 minutes away makes them the same market..but I could be wrong. Hopefully a local will chime in!

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby XYZ » Sun May 13, 2012 1:40 pm

disneyfan1313 wrote:^ But that does bring up a good point. Are they going to cannibalize each other or are they different markets? I feel like 90 minutes away makes them the same market..but I could be wrong. Hopefully a local will chime in!

I think that they're in the same market, but they're not that big of a threat to eachother since it's such a large distance. I think it's like Sea World San Diego & Universal Hollywood. I'm not a local as I live 2000 miles away from KY, so I too want to hear what a local has to say.
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Postby SoCalCoasters » Sun May 13, 2012 1:45 pm

XYZ wrote:
disneyfan1313 wrote:^ But that does bring up a good point. Are they going to cannibalize each other or are they different markets? I feel like 90 minutes away makes them the same market..but I could be wrong. Hopefully a local will chime in!

I think that they're in the same market, but they're not that big of a threat to eachother since it's such a large distance. I think it's like Sea World San Diego & Universal Hollywood. I'm not a local as I live 2000 miles away from KY, so I too want to hear what a local has to say.

Um...Sea World San Diego is around 3-4 HOURS (including traffic) away from Universal Studios Hollywood. one is LA, and is San Diego. These are different markets.
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby megametal » Sun May 13, 2012 1:50 pm

I'd say a better comparison would be Dorney and Hershey.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Sun May 13, 2012 9:22 pm

^
How about:

- Thorpe/ Chessington
- Legoland California/ SeaWorld
- Kennywood/ Idlewild
- Hersheypark/ Dutch Wonderland
- Geauga Lake/ Wyandot Lake

Although (Insert person here) is right saying they should go extreme; They were "The Thrill Park" for awhile.
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ratdogg68 » Mon May 14, 2012 2:47 am

I live in Jeffersonville, IN that's right across the river from Louisville. I worked at Ky Kingdom for five seasons, 2000-05 and I can tell you back than the Waterpark was more popular than the Amusement part. Holiday World is only 1 hour way and I can tell the past few summers that since Ky. Kingdom closed their attendance has increased, same thing their. Splashin Safari is packed. People in this area seem to like Water attractions. Once again this is only my thoughts and ideas.
Let the Riding begin

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon May 14, 2012 7:50 am

When I lived in Central Kentucky (near Lexington) I visited Kentucky Kingdom and Holiday World about the same amount of times each summer for whatever that is worth. While the two parks are in competing markets I think that Louisville is a large enough city that Bluegrass Boardwalk could have a fairly large amount of season pass holders that visit on a regular basis. It will be interesting to see what kind of ticket options they make available to guests and if there are any options that include admission to Holiday World.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!