Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 968 - Hallowscream to return this year
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Re: Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK) Discussion Thread

Postby Midgetman82 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:00 pm

^^When you look at it that way, a name change does seem necessary.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby lilsam1993 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:35 pm

Most people here in Louisville don't like the name change. Everyone is saying Kentucky Kingdom will always be Kentucky Kingdom. However, if the name change is what it will take to reopen the park, well take it.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby mudvayneimn » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:40 pm

Looks like this is flying along, I just hope the fair board doesn't mess this up too. Good luck to the Kochs!

Koch family reaches tentative deal to run Kentucky Kingdom

LOUISVILLE, KY. (WDRB) -- It appears a deal for the owners of Holiday World to run Kentucky Kingdom could be done this week. WDRB has confirmed that The Kentucky Fair Board has reached a tentative deal with the Koch family to run the park.

The Fair Board is expected to vote on the lease agreement at its meeting this Thursday.

Two weeks ago, the Kochs announced that they had formed a new company called Bluegrass Boardwalk, Inc, with the goal of negotiating an agreement to operate Kentucky Kingdom. They've also indicated they may change the park's name to Bluegrass Boardwalk.

The Kochs plan to open the park next year.
There are only two knowns in life...you were born. and you are going to die. I say F*uck that, lets ride a coaster! :lmao:

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Double0Kevin » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:12 am

cal1br3tto wrote:since I find it a bit odd that Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, as far as I know, is all concrete...

It wasn't always concrete ;)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Vekoma_Man » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:02 am

Six Flags announced Kentucky Kingdom's closing two weeks after I moved to Louisville. I pass by the park every day and have never been able to go. Needless to say, I am very excited to see this moving forward. Plus, I love the new name.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:23 pm

Bluegrass Boardwalk, Inc. has sent us a press release regarding Thursday's upcoming Fair Board meeting and the Koch Family presence there.

Bluegrass Boardwalk, Inc. hopes to take another step toward re-opening Louisville’s amusement and water park in 2013 as the Kentucky State Fair Board considers a proposed lease agreement Thursday afternoon.

Four members of the Koch* family in Santa Claus, Indiana, have formed a new company – Bluegrass Boardwalk, Incorporated – to negotiate the lease agreement with the Kentucky State Fair Board, secure financing, and apply for economic development incentives from the Commonwealth of Kentucky. No public monies will be requested from the Kentucky Legislature by Bluegrass Boardwalk, Incorporated.

The members of the Koch family involved in discussions with the Kentucky State Fair Board as Bluegrass Boardwalk, Incorporated are Holiday World president Dan Koch, his sister Natalie Koch, their cousin Kathy Kamp, and her husband, Michael Kamp, who is a General Manager at Holiday World. Dan, Natalie and Kathy are grandchildren of Holiday World’s founder, Louis J. Koch, who opened the park (originally called Santa Claus Land) in 1946.

Following Thursday’s Fair Board meeting, Dan Koch will be on hand to speak briefly with members of the news media in front of Freedom Hall at the Kentucky Exposition Center.

As updates about Bluegrass Boardwalk are made public, information will be posted online at http://BluegrassBoardwalk.com, on Facebook: http://Facebook.com/BluegrassBoardwalk and via Twitter: @BluegrassBwalk.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby thrillerman1 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:00 am

According to Bluegrass Boardwalk's Facebook, they will be tweeting from the meeting with the fair board which is about to begin, and in case you're interested you can follow along: http://twitter.com/BluegrassBwalk . BB is last on the board's agenda, so it might be a while before we see much twitter activity.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby kidcoaster 2 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:28 am

This was just tweeted!

Bluegrass Boardwalk @BluegrassBwalk
New name: Bluegrass Boardwalk! Open in 15 months. Jobs: 25 full-time and 800 seasonal. #BB2013

More!

Safety is #1. Pretty, happy park will open May 2013. Dan is quoting his late brother Will: need to create a quality experience. #BB2013

"We'll bring our @HolidayWorld culture to @BluegrassBwalk. Safety. Service. Friendliness. Cleanliness. Value." #BB2013

Free soft drinks at @BluegrassBwalk ... free sunscreen ... free use of inner tubes. #BB2013

"We're here to serve our Guests. They're most important This is going to become a gem. We're going to do this the right way." #BB2013

We have a lease!

https://twitter.com/#!/BluegrassBwalk
Last edited by kidcoaster 2 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:40 am.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby thrillerman1 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:38 am

That happend much faster than I anticipated!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:40 am

Kind of crazy to think the place only needs 25 full time staff to keep it running!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!