Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 968 - Hallowscream to return this year
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Re: Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK) Discussion Thread

Postby STR8FXXXINEDGE » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:18 pm

SharkTums wrote:I don't like this idea at all. The Koch Family and Holiday World have a great business and should continue to expand and improve locally. This is a VERY different beast.

My thoughts exactly! This all makes me a bit nervous. While it would be awesome to see KK saved and reopened, I really don't want KK taking any focus, time, or money away from Holiday World. The park is too good for that, and I think they have SO many great opportunities to expand and improve!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:29 pm

^I do have to wonder about the potential impact on Holiday World, despite their dedication to caring for the park.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby STR8FXXXINEDGE » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:59 pm

^ Yeah, it's scary to think about!

What is this, Joisey?

Postby Swimace » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:11 pm

This could be a smart move for Holiday World. It seems like there's political pressure for Kentucky Kingdom to reopen, and it seems like the search to find a viable management team has been a struggle. I think one way or another this park is going to reopen eventually- and it's market does overlap with Holiday World. If Holiday World had control over the park, they'd also have control over that entire market.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ginzo » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:24 pm

It seems unlikely that the lackeys at the fair board would ever give up enough control/stake for this arrangement to make sense. It never hurts to consider your options, but it's also not good to make a bad deal just to be able to expand.
"There's nothing wrong with it. It just needs some tweaking,"

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Re: The Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK) Discussion Thread

Postby lilsam1993 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:03 pm

Rollercoaster Rider wrote:Premier owned Geauga Lake/Kentucky Kingdom way before 2000. Geauga Lake in 95, KK in 97.

I should say the time Six Flags Rebranded Geauga Lake.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:50 pm

Holiday World has sent us a press release regarding the formation of a new company run by members of the Koch Family (of Holiday World fame) who are working to reopen Kentucky Kingdom.

Members of the Koch family in Santa Claus, Indiana, continue to explore re-opening Louisville’s amusement and water park in 2013. Four family members have formed a new company – Bluegrass Boardwalk, Incorporated – to negotiate a lease agreement with the Kentucky State Fair Board, secure financing, and apply for economic development incentives from the Commonwealth of Kentucky. No public monies will be requested from the Kentucky Legislature by Bluegrass Boardwalk, Incorporated.

The members of the Koch family involved in discussions with the Kentucky State Fair Board as Bluegrass Boardwalk, Incorporated are Holiday World president Dan Koch, his sister Natalie Koch, their cousin Kathy Kamp, and her husband, Michael Kamp, who is a General Manager at Holiday World. Dan, Natalie and Kathy are grandchildren of Holiday World’s founder, Louis J. Koch, who opened the park (originally called Santa Claus Land) in 1946.

As updates about Bluegrass Boardwalk are made public, information will be posted online at http://BluegrassBoardwalk.com, on Facebook: http://Facebook.com/BluegrassBoardwalk and via Twitter: @BluegrassBwalk.
6837396591_621c0ebbb9_z.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:24 pm

Just learned about this through a re-tweet Holiday World just did. :shockr: Oh my, they're actually getting involved in this? I have no idea where this is gonna go now, and I did not see this coming at all! I wish them much luck in this, and many thanks for helping re-open the park!
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Ace Of Spades » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:57 pm

Whelp, there we go. Gonna be really interesting to see how this plays out.
Ignore the screaming in the woods...

Everything is fine.

My brain is often hibernating.

Postby -Edge of Beast- » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:33 pm

:nina:

I'm very pleased to here the announcement of this. Definitely a cool concept, and should be cool since the Koch family is behind it! Can't wait for further updates!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!