Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 968 - Hallowscream to return this year
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Re: The Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK) Discussion Thread

Postby redfoot12 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:41 pm

SharkTums wrote:
montezooma wrote:
SharkTums wrote:Hopefully Led Zeppelin will somehow improve in the deconstruction, shipping, and reconstruction process cause it was pretty much in my bottom five B&M's when I rode it new!

Did I miss something?????

I'm just assuming that they're going to pick up some cheap, used B&M...there's one less than 700 miles away!

I seem to remember everyone giving the ride "ok", "fair", "it was pretty fun" type of reviews for the ride. I never rode it but could anyone describe why it was so mediocre? On paper and in pictures it looks like it should be at least a 7 or 8. Just wondering what it was lacking.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby willh51 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:55 pm

I liked Led Zeppelin a lot for what it was: a decent, gorgeously painted B&M. Strangely enough, it ran much better under Freestyle than Hard Rock. The drop was pretty good, gave me that real stomach in my chest sensation. The reason why it wasn't that great is that it had the B&M rattle, which kicked in after the very smooth cobra roll, and it was pretty forceless. Each time I rode, the trim before the zero-g always pulled hard, so that element wasn't too great. Also, it seemed something was misaligned after the midcourse, so there was a pretty big jerk on the downward helix. The whole end of the ride was pretty pointless, too. Just a slow helix and flatspin. None of these things made it un-fun, but it certainly wasn't the best B&M. On the plus side, the elements before the zero-g were excellent and it was the best "audio" coaster I've been on.
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Bizarro at SFNE 4. Millennium Force 5. Raptor
6. Batman & Robin: The Chiller (defunct) 7. Nitro 8. Apollo's Chariot 9. Afterburn (Carowinds) 10. Lightning Racer

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby lilsam1993 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:17 am

supertrooper wrote:
lilsam1993 wrote:btw, The Led Z. has a MASSIVE footprint. It front print is about twice the length as Chang footprint. Their isn't enough room for that coaster. The only place this coaster can fit is behind T2, but that area will be used for the parking lot.

Granted, the sizing may not be just right, but it seems like Led Zeppelin would fit nicely in Chang's old spot.

That area is being occupied by the waterpark/parking lot. The pic you crop is smaller than what the coaster actually is.

I believe the new coaster will be over on the small side occupying this area.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby CoasterCard » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:08 am

If you haven't checked it out, Ed Hart was interviewed on In The Loop last night.

Mr. Hart seems to have an answer for everything, and although I don't agree with some of his decisions about future rides, the guy is a GREAT salesman.

During the interview, he discusses replacing Chang, the park not being as landlocked as it appears, the business of the park's reopening, and a lot of other stuff.

The full show can be found here

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby CoasterWeasel » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:37 pm

With Ed already having discussions with B&M does anyone else think if financing is secured that KK might be the site of the first B&M 4D in America, if all goes well at Gardaland. You know Ed will want something different than everyone else to bring people to the park and you can't get more exclusive than that right now.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/b3014472c6c563e07183e709f16e4833.jpg[/img][/url]

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Ed Farmer » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:49 pm

willh51 wrote:I liked Led Zeppelin a lot for what it was: a decent, gorgeously painted B&M. Strangely enough, it ran much better under Freestyle than Hard Rock. The drop was pretty good, gave me that real stomach in my chest sensation. The reason why it wasn't that great is that it had the B&M rattle, which kicked in after the very smooth cobra roll, and it was pretty forceless. Each time I rode, the trim before the zero-g always pulled hard, so that element wasn't too great. Also, it seemed something was misaligned after the midcourse, so there was a pretty big jerk on the downward helix. The whole end of the ride was pretty pointless, too. Just a slow helix and flatspin. None of these things made it un-fun, but it certainly wasn't the best B&M. On the plus side, the elements before the zero-g were excellent and it was the best "audio" coaster I've been on.

Wasn't bothered by rattles or roughness, but the uninspired layout and tame sensations were disappointing. The out 'n back layout seems to work better on mega-coasters. Loopers, notsomuch.
Been you to have any spike, man?

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby WW1 Flying Ace » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:37 pm

CoasterWeasel wrote:With Ed already having discussions with B&M does anyone else think if financing is secured that KK might be the site of the first B&M 4D in America, if all goes well at Gardaland. You know Ed will want something different than everyone else to bring people to the park and you can't get more exclusive than that right now.

Something just as exclusive as one in the world? AQUATRAX!!!!!!! A B&M 4D or whatever it turns out to be will likely sit better with the GP though.
CP Fanboy until... I visited CP
"We have to get the hamsters to run a little faster."- Joe Maddon

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Kentucky Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby lilsam1993 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:12 pm

A year ago today, Six Flags announced the closure of Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom for good, but not so quite. The question is, is that do any of you all think Ed Hart will get the final approval for the bond?

Also, what about the new B&M? do any of you think the coaster is actually gonna be 8-10 million?

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:52 pm

I think Ed will get the bond approved, tough thought about the B&M but I'm leaning towards yes; even though it sounds like a lot to think about.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby John Peck » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:24 am

I do hope they get that bond approved, but to the public eye, it just looks like a $50 Million stimulus—which isn't the case.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!