Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 968 - Hallowscream to return this year
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Re: The Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK) Discussion Thread

Postby Jew » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:49 pm

^I'm glad someone else finally understands. I just hope the fair board will negotiate a lease that ensures the interest payments on the bond are paid out before Ed Hart gets to touch any profit from the park.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby lilsam1993 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:30 pm

Midgetman82 wrote:Holiday World is a competitor because of their water park, that is what it looks like to me.

Remember, Ed doesn't really won't a water park, he just want a ride park/thrill park. Holiday World in my opinion really doesn't have much to offer in the ride department. Don't more people go for rides than water anyways?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:43 pm

^Don't underestimate the draw of water parks.

Jo My Oh!

Postby Jerrykoala2112 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:44 pm

lilsam1993 wrote:
Midgetman82 wrote:Holiday World is a competitor because of their water park, that is what it looks like to me.

Remember, Ed doesn't really won't a water park, he just want a ride park/thrill park.

Yeah, that's why he's doubling the size of the water park :roll:

lilsam1993 wrote:

Don't more people go for rides than water anyways?

And the water park industry is expanding while the theme park industry is shrinking, so it could go either way. Most people go to Kentucky Kingdom for the water park anyways, the ride park is really lacking (but that could all change under Ed's management)

What was Jer's last adventure? Drayton Manor - 2012
Check out my SFGAm Music Video - Here

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby The_Mad_Hatter » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:45 pm

/\/\/\First, didn't he say there will be a water park expansion?

Also, water slides can be thrilling, especially now. I think slides fit the ride category as well.

I don't know the difference between waist and waste.

Postby CPmaverick » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:49 pm

lilsam1993 wrote:Don't more people go for rides than water anyways?

Depends on the park and in Kentucky Kingdom's case, no. When I was at KK, Deluge and Mega Wedgie had an hour waits less than fifteen minutes after the park opened. Meanwhile Chang, T2, or Thunder Run didn't pass the five minute mark all day.

lilsam1993 wrote:Holiday World in my opinion really doesn't have much to offer in the ride department.

So three of the top wooden coasters in the world aren't good enough?
3DS Friend Code: 0774-4246-7779
Simpsons Tapped Out: serialmaverick

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:53 pm

Louisville needs a great water park anyways, it's fun and all to go to an amusement park but sometimes you just want to do something different in the city's summer heat; something more than going to your neighborhood pool and swim. I Love KK's water park and I can't wait to see what they will have in store when the park reveals the 3 structures, hopefully some body slides.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby lilsam1993 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:05 pm

IMO, The reason why Ed is wanting to expand the water park is because that is what Six Flags was intending to do (which I doubt they were going to do). Like he said before, you can't attract many with water rides, etc. Ed wants Kentucky Kingdom to be a ride park, not water, entertainment, etc.

Months ago, Ed said he wants to add a water park expansion for 20 million with an activity pool, 16 slides, etc. He also mention he wanted to add a new coaster for 8-10 million.

Just Last week Ed mention he wanted to add a B&m, so that will cost about 15-20 million. If he wants a B&M he probably decided to make some cuts involving the water park expansion, so it may cost 8-10 million at the moment.

What some of you may or may not know, Kentucky Kingdom has a facebook page up and running. They're also asking for our own opinions from their fans on things they should or should not do, like me expressing my feelings about the front side being closed and no longer being apart of Kentucky Kingdom. Many fans had also mention that we don't really want to see a waterpark expansion, just rides, rides, and more rides.

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:56 pm

Any park that seeks suggestions on how to operate on Facebook is doomed to instant failure.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby supertrooper » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:05 pm

lilsam1993 wrote:What some of you may or may not know, Kentucky Kingdom has a facebook page up and running.

Actually, ALL of us may or may not know that.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!