Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 968 - Hallowscream to return this year
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 13 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Delicious & Refreshing

Re: The Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK) Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu May 27, 2010 10:01 pm

^^At least it won't be losing them to Kentucky Kingdom. The park will no longer operate under the Six Flags banner, so that wouldn't be a concern.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby WFChris » Fri May 28, 2010 1:11 am

Great news for KK!!!!

You can just skip over my posts.

Postby SFA Regular » Fri May 28, 2010 9:04 am

Well it's good to see that they got their original head mocho back. I actually felt sorry for this park when I heard Six Flags dropped it and wanted to take all the attractions. That was a rotten deal done by Mark Shapiro, but now he is gone so the park can probably keep all it's things. Not only that, but I wish the best for future improvements.

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Fri May 28, 2010 2:14 pm

Oyy, my only concern is the rides that actually sit on Six Flags property in the park; some the Kentucky State Fair owns and Six Flags owns (I wish I knew which parts of the park these are at). What will Six Flags do with those rides... and chang? :?r
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Emiroo » Fri May 28, 2010 2:22 pm

I think the best scenario would be if both sides agree to walk away, keeping what they have in hand and consider the matter finished. SF will have one less park to manage and got an extra B&M out of the deal. KK will still have a decent ride portfolio along with an excellent waterpark. If Ed Hart could just then negotiate with the fair board to have complete ownership of the rides/property, life would be dandy. Except for those Top Eliminator Dragsters. The state fair board can keep those. :P

The important thing here is that no matter what happens, the park will reopen and move forward again. That's always a good thing.

Postby SFA Regular » Fri May 28, 2010 3:30 pm

Emiroo wrote:I think the best scenario would be if both sides agree to walk away, keeping what they have in hand and consider the matter finished. SF will have one less park to manage and got an extra B&M out of the deal. KK will still have a decent ride portfolio along with an excellent waterpark. If Ed Hart could just then negotiate with the fair board to have complete ownership of the rides/property, life would be dandy. Except for those Top Eliminator Dragsters. The state fair board can keep those. :P

The important thing here is that no matter what happens, the park will reopen and move forward again. That's always a good thing.

I have high hopes for this, with it's original owner being back. Just think of all the unique things that the park may get. With you being out of Six Flags grip, it leaves ideas open for more unique attractions. I have noticed this with parks that aren't owned by a major chain. One the thing that I think themes parks should do is have guess take a poll and see what kind of attraction people want the most. The choices could very from coasters, shows, family rides, virtual rides, water rides, and etc.

Just a random idea I had in mind.

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Fri May 28, 2010 3:34 pm

^ I don't think too many people here are too enthusiastic about Kentucky Kingdom re-opening. I tell my friends the news and they are like "...cool." But if people would vote, they would vote for a coaster, definitely!

What I'd like to see is a Disk'O ride, I've never been on that ride; maybe build it over the former site of the rainbow ride.

Postby SFA Regular » Fri May 28, 2010 3:46 pm

Midgetman82 wrote:^ I don't think too many people here are too enthusiastic about Kentucky Kingdom re-opening. I tell my friends the news and they are like "...cool." But if people would vote, they would vote for a coaster, definitely!

What I'd like to see is a Disk'O ride, I've never been on that ride; maybe build it over the former site of the rainbow ride.

I will agree, that the place is a little dry. I've never been there so I can't speak from a guest point of view, but from park maps and videos, I will say the park needs another coaster. You already have a B&M, so why not get a Premier. I would have said an Itamin, but there are a lot of those already, and I don't see anything unique with them unless you get a Intamin Launch. So go with a Premier launch like Joker's Jinx. If their maintained and kept properly, they run very good. Joker's Jinx is a little slow, but Flight of Fear which is the same Premier design, runs very well.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby Fat-G » Fri May 28, 2010 4:25 pm

Correction, we HAD a B&M :cry:

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby DOCTOR DOOM!!! » Fri May 28, 2010 11:04 pm

I don't think KK will be getting a coster. The paper Friday stated that the new park will be smaller wit STILL a focus on water rides! They also had a small diagram map that showed the former front side and Twisted Twins area is marked, AREA NOT TO BE USED!

Maybe this won't be as good as I thought! I think we're back to square 1 (What we were thinking in OCT 2009)

Doctor "Geagua'd" Doom
Life is such a effin rollercoaster then it drops,
But why should I scream for, this is my theme park!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!