Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 968 - Hallowscream to return this year
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Re: The Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK) Discussion Thread

Postby Midgetman82 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:37 pm

palmerleeberry wrote:But if Six Flags is planning to remove some of its rides and relocate them to other parks, I'm hoping that a few of them could go to Six Flags America (the "bastard" park of Six Flags, the Mr "we-need-rides-badly" park, and the park that still is holding on although almost all my faith into that park is gone).

I know right =) ! I've been saying that for a while. I've been to Six Flags America and they seriously need rides. I've always thought if any ride is being relocated to other parks, then at least let most of them go to SFAm. I even said SFGAm doesent even deserve Chang, let it go to SFAm.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby lilsam1993 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:28 pm

The way it looks, Six Flags will not get flat rides what so ever because none of the ride are on Six Flags property. Kentucky Kingdom was the park the needed new rides the most! I hadn't seen any rides since Six Flags took over, and that had been over 12 years! Six Flags can get one Coaster which is T2. (The worst head banging coaster in the world) I don't believe six Flags will relocate Blizzard river (raft ride) or Twisted Twins and Mile High Falls. Those rides would get scrap if Six Flags try to say those rides are theirs.

Jo My Oh!

Postby Jerrykoala2112 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:43 pm

I hope another company can take over. It might take a lot of money to fix up the park, but the park seems to have a charm to it. The rides aren't the best, but that doesn't mean the park should go to waste.... I still think Kentucky Kingdom has what it takes to make it through! :)

What was Jer's last adventure? Drayton Manor - 2012
Check out my SFGAm Music Video - Here

Postby lilsam1993 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:08 pm

It really does! If it wasn't for the lack of new rides and attractions from Six Flags, this park would be very different and in better shape!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ginzo » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:08 pm

Will this property ever work as a large scale corporate amusement park? It's wedged between Holiday World and Kings Island. A "coaster war" would likely be a fail. Also, this property, being in an ugly part of town and cut in half by a bridge, doesn't exactly project "squeaky clean wholesome family fun".

What if they took more of an Indiana Beach approach where they:

1) Embrace the quirkiness of the property. Do not try to make it something it is not.
2) Be really good at what you do. IB has never had the biggest or fanciest rides, but almost everything they have is really fun. And not run in a lame, corporate way with low forces and short ride cycles.
3) Bring in some decent food.
4) Have more Louisville-friendly prices on concessions. I remember not buying an ICEE because it was like $5. Then, when I was at the Quick-E-Mart up the street, I had almost the exact same thing 10 minutes later for $1. That is another problem with this property. It had almost no "lock-in" effect to where you'd just say, "Screw it! Give me that damn $5 ICEE."

Also, I guess a lot goes into how they work the property to their advantage. For example, when Ravine Flyer II flies over the road, I think, "Damn, this ride ROCKS!" When I was at Kentucky Kingdom walking over the street on the bridge, I was thinking, "Damn, this place is GHETTO!"

I dunno. I'm just brainstorming. I know I wouldn't want to try to turn this property around. It sounds like a tough job! Good luck to anyone who tries.
"There's nothing wrong with it. It just needs some tweaking,"

Postby lilsam1993 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:59 pm

ginzo wrote:Will this property ever work as a large scale corporate amusement park? It's wedged between Holiday World and Kings Island. A "coaster war" would likely be a fail. Also, this property, being in an ugly part of town and cut in half by a bridge, doesn't exactly project "squeaky clean wholesome family fun".

It has once been a large scale corporate amusement park and it can be that once again. If it wasn't for Six Flags taking over and not taking care of this park like any other park such as Great America, Georgia, Magic Mountain, this park would have made it as being a Six Flags park. Almost every year since the park went over to the Six Flags name, we had been losing attractions while places like Holiday World and Kings Island have been gaining attractions. We havent seen a decent fresh coaster since ed hart added Twisted Twins. Greezed Lighting is o.k., but it isnt really... Major like the Voyage, Diamondback and etc.

The birdge make this park sort of unique, no other park is like.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ginzo » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:25 pm

lilsam1993 wrote:It has once been a large scale corporate amusement park

"There's nothing wrong with it. It just needs some tweaking,"

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:38 pm

But heres the thing. Six Flags has been focusing on the waterpark for quite a while, and I actually like that because I live less than 30 minutes away from SFKK :airtimer: and the summer can get quite hot. Yes the removal of Chang has made us very angry with them, and the closure of Twisted Twins made a new group on Facebook, but the waterslides are actually cool for once. Plus Six Flags was going to be expanding the waterpark even more if they were to stay (I wish Six Flags could stay). It would have been amazing if SFKK would have used all of the land as a waterpark, but doing that would also piss me off.

Also, Greezed Lightnin' had a wait time less than 10 seconds, I LOVE IT!
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Postby lilsam1993 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:09 pm

Twisted Twins was supposed to open back up in the 2009 season with 100% new wood and tracking. The northwest territory was supposed to open up with a new Thomas town, this info came form a couple of KK ride supervisors who where giving this info at a ride supervisor meeting in 2008.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby chriskq » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:15 pm

Good thing we got to see this park on our mid west tour in 2007.

Cant wait to do another tpr trip (only done the one) cept my gf and i just bought a house and planning to rennovate so might be on the backburner for another year.

Thanks Rob

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!