Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 968 - Hallowscream to return this year
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Re: The Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK) Discussion Thread

Postby uwgbdork » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:13 pm

Yeah it really does kinda make me wonder if management in their restructurning had a backup plan knowing that they could close the park. To all those concerned about the job loss. I really don't have too much sympathy. Nearly all of the employees are "seasonal" help. In the original release it mentioned that it affected 50 yes 50 full time jobs. I hate to break it to you but a McDonald's normally runs with about 30-40 employees both full and part time jobs. There will still be plenty of part time jobs for people to go out and get. It sounds cruel but true. Anyone that depends on a job that is only avail for 5 months a year consistently really needs to consider their long term career path.

On the note of ride relocation, I would not be surprised in the least if they are NOT able to move any of the rides. Part of me thinks they got Chang the heck off property before the negotiations went down in this event cause then they would at least have a chance to save their Mulit-million dollar headliner. They were able to sneak it out under the guise of a waterpark expansion knowing that most patrons of the park went for the water park not the rides. The only people who really know are the fair board and six flags executives as to the true terms of the lease aggrment. I think getting chang out before the end of the year was a way of cutting their losses.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby almightyfire » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:17 pm

About time! This was the worse park EVA.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby DOCTOR DOOM!!! » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:21 pm

^^ Agreed. I believe that this was premeditated all the way back from last summer when Twisted Twins Trains were removed from the site.
Life is such a effin rollercoaster then it drops,
But why should I scream for, this is my theme park!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:34 pm

I don't believe they ever intended to close the entire park, I fully believe they were going to try and turn it into a waterpark only, then some random crap went down and they said screw it.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby DOCTOR DOOM!!! » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:40 pm

^ What makes me believe that SF wanted to close the park the whole time is the fact that SF started to remove Chang in September before Fright fest and before the end of the season. I wouldn't question SF motives so much if someone explained SF rush on removing Chang! SF is not in a rush to get Chang up at another park,(now in storage) nor was SF in a rush to have Bonzai Beach built!(wasn't due until 2011) So my question is why couldn't they have ran Chang until the end of the 2009 season?!
Life is such a effin rollercoaster then it drops,
But why should I scream for, this is my theme park!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby coasterfreak_au » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:10 am

Deviating from the main story a little. Is American Adventures still associated with Six Flags? It is still listed on their website and looking at the parks page (eventhough its not much of a park) it looks like its closed as well.

"Please Note:
Due to circumstances beyond our control, we will be closed until further notice. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience."

http://www.americanadventuresfunpark.com

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby AWill961 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:27 am

I feel sorry for those who may have lost something special and close to their hearts. :cry: I felt bad too when they were talking about selling/closing Six Flags Magic Mountain to real estate developers and to subsequently relocate rides, etc, and use the land for housing developments, etc.

Good thing that didn't happen. Unfortunately that may be somewhat the fate with KK. We'll see how it goes from here on out in the coming months.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby monsterfan99 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:19 am

coasterfreak_au wrote:Deviating from the main story a little. Is American Adventures still associated with Six Flags? It is still listed on their website and looking at the parks page (eventhough its not much of a park) it looks like its closed as well.

"Please Note:
Due to circumstances beyond our control, we will be closed until further notice. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience."

http://www.americanadventuresfunpark.com

Another one bites the dust. But according to their employment application, they are owned by Mega Fun Parks, LLC. So who knows if they still own the place or not.

I love hearing myself talk!!!!!

Postby kingsdominionlvr » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:51 pm

Sharktums wrote:I don't believe they ever intended to close the entire park, I fully believe they were going to try and turn it into a waterpark only, then some random crap went down and they said screw it.

Maybe they didn't want SFKK to become the next Geauga Lake.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Hikaru-chan » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:54 pm

I think I heard that American Adventures was sold a couple of seasons ago.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!