TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Great news for the park! Still cant believe all that crap actually happened when the state have lost the park once already...

The new ride looks great, but I'm not really feeling the location. Seems like that corner would be reserved for expanding the water park in the future. Surely they know what they are doing, but still.

It's no surprise honestly. The Fair Board is the reason why Six Flags abandoned the park suddenly and took Chang and the Roadrunner Express coaster with them. It's also the reason why the Koch's also pulled out of the deal when they were thinking about taking it over but at least Ed Hart knows the headaches of dealing with the Fair Board and is good at dealing with them and playing their game with them.

• 1 month later...

I've been thinking about something lately and it blows my mind. So, if you go to Kingdom you'll notice that t3 sticks out the most in the park and it pretty much towers over the park, coaster wise. Obviously there are some other attractions that are taller than t3. However, T3 is 102 ft. tall at the top of the lift. If you go to Kings Island, Mystic Timbers seems super tiny on the skyline, everything towers over it. However, Mystic is 109 feet tall. Just imagine how much a taller coaster would tower over everything at Kingdom.

I've been thinking about something lately and it blows my mind. So, if you go to Kingdom you'll notice that t3 sticks out the most in the park and it pretty much towers over the park, coaster wise. Obviously there are some other attractions that are taller than t3. However, T3 is 102 ft. tall at the top of the lift. If you go to Kings Island, Mystic Timbers seems super tiny on the skyline, everything towers over it. However, Mystic is 109 feet tall. Just imagine how much a taller coaster would tower over everything at Kingdom.

I think it stands out more being isolated in the waterpark. If it were by Fear Fall and Lightning run it wouldn't seem as out of place. Plus all that red

And visually speaking, Mystic Timbers is pretty tucked away deep into the park, oh-so barely visible from the parking lot. Whereas T3 is easily accessible visually from the highway, surrounding roads, and even from the front of the park. Not a whole lot of forestation to completely surround it either.

You are right on one aspect, it's pretty staggering how T3 almost feels visually taller than Mystic Timbers, but stats say the exact opposite. Almost makes me miss when Chang dominated the skyline from anywhere, lol.

^ This would be nice but unfortunately not very likely to happen due to the park sitting on the edge of the airport, but fun to think about though.

According to Ed, a coaster of that height is possible alongside where Kentucky Flyer is going and by deep water dive, as there aren't landing strips facing that direction.

Yes that side of the park, along the Giant Wheel, Skycatcher, they can build up to 200 feet. I think they could start the coaster over by Bluebeards bounty, cross the road and lift up to 200 feet by Skycatcher. It could then run behind the waterpark and T3, before returning to the station.

• 2 weeks later...