Splash Adventure (Alabama Adventure) Discussion Thread

Page 79: Pirate ship andwater slide are the 2019 additions
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Re: Splash Adventure (Alabama Adventure) Discussion Thread

Postby LegendLover » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:53 pm

Their opening day isn’t until Memorial Day. I have full faith that their operating season is safe. I’ll probably try to make it out again this year (it’s about an eleven hour drive). Small parks are probably going to need a little bit of extra help. Either that, or once people get the all clear to go out again, they’ll go out full force.

Either way, I feel like 2021 is about to be a big year for Alabama Adventure and Splash Adventure. This seems to be a smaller investment year, so I feel like either a new slide complex or a new coaster will be coming in 2021. I think a new water slide complex is more likely. Either a mat racer or a water coaster.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby WolfBobs » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:37 am

IF parks like Fantasy Island and Indiana Beach do permanently close their doors I could easily see Alabama Adventure picking up some of their rides. I know there is some tax incentives to try and save IB, not sure if anything similar is going on up in NY. We'll have to wait and see, hopefully with everything going on they continue to grow and have a good 2020 season.

Postby LegendLover » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:31 am

Indiana Beach might be salvageable, but Fantasy Island seems to definitely be a goner; some rides already appear to be gone at Fantasy Island. Fantasy Island just got a mat racer a couple years ago; that could be perfect for the water park. It would give them four modern waterslides: Twister, Freefall, Upsurge, and the racer. Those are huge people pleasures and could add at least thirty minutes to a visit to the park since there is rerideability factor to it. Of the dry rides, I'd love to see them pick up either the Zamperla Disco, the Chance Wheel, or Zamperla Vertical Swing. The last two would give them large scale flat rides with high visibility to the back of the park, and the Disco is a huge crowd pleasure as well with a bit of a higher thrill factor.

Postby LegendLover » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:49 am

Oh, a new "Snack Shack" is listed as new for 2020 as well. I assume it is probably located in one of the shops along main street. Another great addition.

Postby LegendLover » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:05 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FimQl4QqBZo&t=1s
Here's a pretty cool aerial video of the park as of 2020. Has anybody been able to visit the park since it reopened last week? This video makes me miss the park and I've decided I'll probably make the drive down there in July probably. I hope this year is a successful one for the park. I feel like the park was about to make another large investment for the 2021 season before all this happened. There have been a few posts now where people have asked if the park is adding any new rides for the 2021 season, and the park has responded with "maybe ; )." Honestly, I'd love to see them add a mat racer to the water park and a drop tower to the dry park.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby The username » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:18 pm

I'm planning on hitting up the park tommorw after work, does anyone know if Rampage has been running?

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby tndank » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:59 pm

Buddy of mine rode it about 20 times on Sunday.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby The username » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:41 pm

Amateur hour, I'm gonna try break my record of 31concecutive times.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!