Splash Adventure (Alabama Adventure) Discussion Thread

Page 79: Pirate ship andwater slide are the 2019 additions
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Just Kidding!

Re: The Alabama Adventure Discussion Thread

Postby coastercrzyjames » Tue May 18, 2010 11:25 pm

These small improvements look great! I thought Alabama Adventure was a neat little park, I enjoyed my visit there last summer. It definitely appears that they have the room to expand and build more if they wanted to do so, I remember everything being spread out. And fixing the pothole on Rampage is an excellent idea, that part of the ride was pretty rough when you came across it. Hopefully you can ride it and let us know if it helped. I'd visit this park again sometime in the future, especially if they added a new credit and did a fair amount of improvements.

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Tue May 25, 2010 11:36 am

Me and tha family unit were there on Sunday. What a great family park! We had an awesome time! Rampage is definitely a must ride woodie, and Zoomerang was one of the smoothest boomerangs I have ever been on. I had never been on an slide like Upsurge, and had a blast riding it as well. I think it was my families favorite ride all day. When your hungry, you have to try out the new BBQ place when you go. It was amazing, and the potato salad was some of the best I have ever had at an amusement park. I also wanted to give a huge shout out to the fantastic management and staff who were exceptionally friendly and very helpful. Thank you so much! We can't wait to get back to Alabama Adventures!

On a side note, our Club TPR cards paid for themselves with this visit alone. If your not part of Club TPR. You need to join now! Membership has it's privileges!

Guy "When you flash your Club TPR card & ask for Michael Schwitek you get a free Alabama Adventures Bag-O-Crap! And it is awesome!" Koepp
Club TPR1.JPG
Me, Alana, Jarett & January with our new friend Michael.

Thank you Alabama Adventures! We'll see you soon!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby aladvfan1 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:33 am

I went to Alabama Adventure for July 4the, had a great time and it was very packed!! The park looks great and I do appreciatte the improvements done for 2010, How ever I do have some Suggestions. The empty blue building on the que line of Wild River gorge needs to be turned into a photo stall or something of that nature and fix it up because I noticed some of the siding its chipped or coming off wich makes it look ghetto. Its ashame to just let that building sit there and rot. If a new roller coaster is not in the near future at least ad some more exciting flat rides.. etc a giant frisbee ride would be great, http://www.hussrides.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=101&Itemid=157.

Does anyone know the status of the bid going on about the new log flume rumored on screamscape.com???

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Sandra-A1 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:00 am

:-) There is a rumor going around that AA next addition was going to be a boat ride/flume ride from the INTAMIN company: http://www.intaminworldwide.com/
If this is true, then I hope the one they are buying is the one called "Mega Splash."

The INTAMIN company also has some great roller coasters, as well as thrill rides. :wink:
The park has room for expansion and, if they are smart, they will buy up as much neighboring land as possible...when ever possible since the park has a good location.
I would love to see AA succeed and grow with AE as owners...and am keeping my fingers crossed for just that.
They are suppose to be having a great 2010 season as the weather has been really good....so far! :wink:
"And now Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." ~ Dumbledore

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Sandra-A1 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:33 pm

=) It would be nice to post what additions we would love to see Alabama Adventure add.....

Thinking about what rides I would like to see added....

For the water park:
Some open (not fully enclosed) slides
A racing slide
Family size tube slides (for more than two riders)
I would also like to see some type of floating cusions available for use on the Lazy River ride for those who are not all that comfortable floating around on those tubes.

For the amusement park:
A new Ferris wheel like the Coaster Wheel. (remove the current one and replace it with that!)
A couple of big big Dark Rides ...like a Haunted Mansion and something themed just for fun.
A Roller Soaker coaster ride..that could even travel over the water park section so you could drop water on the people there..and they (the people in the water park) could have water jets they could try to soak the riders on the roller coaster with!

I would also love to see the park purchase and restore any of the classic old rides that might become available. It would be fantastic for the park to create a "Yesteryear" section for these great old classics! They might even be able to get some sort of historical grant to help them save some of the great old rides! They could start with a classic like the 1927 Illions Supreme Carousel!
http://carousel.com/antique/
"And now Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." ~ Dumbledore

Title Fairy Sycophant

Postby generaleclectic » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:22 pm

I'm anxious to re-visit this park now that some of the small changes have gone in. Now that my job is based in Birmingham, I expect that I'll be buying a season pass and putting together a trip report. :)
(23:52:23) Band-Aid: I'd hug anything furry

[url=http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=41995]

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:22 am

Two things I noticed in the pictures.

1. "It also had numerous upgrades performed in the off-season." (Stratos-Fear)

Wheels? ;)

2. The Claw marks on the Rampage T-Shirt.

It was more of a severe punch to the tailbone then a scratch. :airtime:

I was really hoping to get out there again this year, but things just fell through. I think the park is looking great, and can't wait to see what happens for next year!

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:02 pm

Stratos Fear Screamer had some extensive work done to....well, just about everything. Last season it would go down all the time and has gone down due to a mechanical reason 3 or so times this year up to this point, all lasting no more than 30 or so minutes (yes, only THREE or so times).

I'm working on a "in season changes" update that I hope to get up sometime this weekend or early next week. Here is a crappy cell phone pic of something that changed last week until I can get the pictures from my actual camera uploaded.
37512_1421910100284_1008630114_31012352_1531893_n.jpg
RAMPAGE!!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Alabama Adventure 2011 Ride

Postby aladvfan1 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:37 pm

Alabama Adventure officially anounced a new ride for 2011 on their website!!! The anoucement does not give any details, I am assuming it will the new vertical lift flume ride.

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:56 pm

Great news. I hope it is. My family and I fealt that was the only thing that this awesome little park needed was a great water ride that really got you soaked.

I look forward to getting back there next year. =)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!