Splash Adventure (Alabama Adventure) Discussion Thread

Page 79: Pirate ship andwater slide are the 2019 additions
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby RideOn87 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:58 pm

Its easy to tell that the new GM of this park is a Six Flags veteran. (EJ Randolph SFA Ops Director->AA GM)

The weather rock is a staple at almost all Hurricane Harbors. The ride signs, guest code of conduct, and smoking benches/penalty boxes are straight from the SF playbook!

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:42 pm

There are a bunch of Six Flags and Cedar Fair veterans at the park now.

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:15 am

I love the "weather rock." That's awesome.

Thanks for the update. Still haven't made it to this one.
Erik Allen Elness

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby 99er » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:48 pm

RideOn87 wrote: The ride signs, guest code of conduct, and smoking benches/penalty boxes are straight from the SF playbook!

Its funny you say that because the guys who designed the signs, wrote the code of conduct, and made the smoking areas are from a Cedar Fair park. :)

Re: The Alabama Adventure Discussion Thread

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:12 pm

The park has announced they will be adding a theatrical show for the 2010 season and will be holding auditions in a week.
CASTING CALL FOR A NEW PRODUCTION
AT ALABAMA ADVENTURE

Alabama Adventure will hold auditions March 27, 2010 at 10:00am
to complete the cast for the parks new theatrical production.

(Bessemer, Ala.) - Heartbeat Productions, an award-winning entertainment company, is searching for talented singers and dancers for a new production to be staged at Alabama Adventure. Alabama Adventure, a 90-acre Theme Park and Water Park, will now add indoor theatrical entertainment to the already great line-up of rides, slides, splashes and thrills. “It’s a brand new day for the area’s most exciting attraction,” said Alabama Adventure General Manager EJ Randolph.

The park is looking for performers who will thrive on the cheers and applause of the Alabama Adventure audiences beginning Memorial Day Weekend running through August 8th.

The auditions will be held at the administration office of Alabama Adventure, at 5051 Prince Street, Bessemer, AL 35022. Singers should prepare two songs of contrasting styles as an audition. Dancers should prepare two short solos that demonstrate at least three of the following styles: jazz, lyrical, tap, hip-hop, contemporary and ballet. Playback for a CD and a microphone will be provided at the audition site. Singers may be asked to perform both with and without amplification.

“With the new theatrical production, our already great First Financial Bank Concert Series and our jam-packed special events line-up; this is shaping up to be our most entertaining season ever,” said Alabama Adventure Marketing Manger Brian McDuff. Alabama Adventure will open for weekend operation on April 17, 2010 at 10:30am.

For more information call 205-432-2603 or visit www.alabamaadventure.com
http://www.alabamaadventure.com/pages/presscenter.html

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby 99er » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:09 am

They are going to be adding a lot this season as far as little things here and there. The park is really on its way to becoming a great little place to visit.
-Chris

Remember, if you're arguing on the internet, you've already lost.
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Mon May 17, 2010 4:10 pm

Well the park has been open for about a month now so I thought it was a good time to bring you guys up to speed on the changes the park made in 2010! I have pictures to document many changes, but not all of them. Here are some of the "big" things this year:

-Both Pirate and Acapulco Drop have reopened after prolonged closures last season. Both had some major work done to them prior to reopening
-Wild River Gorge had an extensive rehab during the off season after last season's boat flip incident. This includes all major elements being rehabbed, new operator control panels, new safety system, etc.
-The park finally has an indoor restaurant
-The blue pavement was redone and is no longer blue
-Space Shot has officially reverted back to the name Stratos Fear Screamer, which is the name it opened under.
-The park is adding a live show into the old arcade
-The park also has a new ticketing/season pass system
-Rampage received lots of new track work. The big pothole is no more.

On to the pictures!
celebration.jpg
First things first: Celebration Street. It received new garbage cans, planters placed down the street, and had trees replanted on the sides (these had been removed around 2003)
voltage.jpg
This is a "new" store called Voltage
voltage2.jpg
Inside the store
rampagemerch.jpg
Some of the Rampage shirts available for purchase
slush.jpg
A permanent "Slush Factory" is being added
pizza.jpg
This actually changed last year. This was previously a Boardwalk Fries.
chubbies.jpg
This building had been the employee cafe since 2007 and is now "Chubbie's BBQ" which is the first indoor restaurant in the park. (It was an ice cream parlor from 1998-2001, and since then there has not been a true indoor place to eat)
star.jpg
The former Arcade is being transformed into the "Star Theater" where a "80s 90s and beyond" music show will be held during daily operation
star2.jpg
Show schedule
arcade.jpg
Many of the redemption games from the Arcade have moved to this building, which has mainly been used for storage.
vip.jpg
This building had been Pizza Junction until it moved to Boardwalk's old spot last year. It is now the "VIP Cafe" (employee diner)
blue.jpg
The blue pavement area has been repainted and had planters added as well.
giantwheel.jpg
Giant Wheel was repainted in the off season.
cahaba.jpg
The inside of the trough on Cahaba Falls was repainted
cahaba2.jpg
The wooden walkway was also replaced
mindspinner.jpg
The cars on Mind Spinner were also repainted and it is now running faster than the past few seasons.
scrambler.jpg
Scrambler also received a new paintjob
scrambler2.jpg
Seatbelts were also added, allowing the ride to drop both the height requirement and the "no single riders" rule.
dustys.jpg
Marvel City Diner has a new name and some new menu items.
birthday.jpg
This is currently the 3rd location for the Birthday Party House. It was in the Arcade from 2006-2009.
barnstormer.jpg
The park began a multi year project to remove all of the old PVC fencing/que railing. Here is Barnstormer's new fencing.
marvel.jpg
Marvel Mania also had its fencing replaced
motorcross.jpg
And finally so did Motorcross
sfs.jpg
Space Shot has returned to the Stratos Fear Screamer name
sfs2.jpg
It also had numerous upgrades performed in the off-season.
gorge.jpg
Wild River Gorge had this structure added to its que
gorge2.jpg
The wave machine once again making waves
gorge3.jpg
The whirlpool once again whirling
tag.jpg
Park employees also now wear name tags instead of ID photo badges.
zoom.jpg
Zoomerang's entry gates were repainted and the floor was replaced in the station.
posts.jpg
Larry Cochran, the new CEO of Adrenaline Family Entertainment though all of the wooden posts in the park looked kinda dull, so they have been painted a variety of colors.
posts2.jpg
posts3.jpg
posts4.jpg
That's all I have for now! I hope you can come visit the park soon!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon May 17, 2010 6:58 pm

While there isn't anything "big" new at Alabama Adventure this year, I sometimes think that all these "little" things are just as important. There are many parks I'd like to see put more effort into overall park improvements rather than just spending a bazillion dollars on a giant new ride and neglecting the rest of the park.

Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Mon May 17, 2010 7:07 pm

It's great to see a park making these kinds of upgrades! These changes might not be as marketable as a new ride, but they definitely improve the overall experience.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby BaMiTsPaT » Mon May 17, 2010 7:17 pm

I love these update because they show that parks can do great little things that really make a great difference. I wish some of the parks near me would do more things like this, but I guess the waterpark is important too :(
Coaster Count: 200 Wood:35 Steel: 165

Favorite Steel: Maverick (CP)
Favorite Wood: El Toro (SFGAdv.)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!