Splash Adventure (Alabama Adventure) Discussion Thread

Page 79: Pirate ship andwater slide are the 2019 additions
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Re: Alabama Adventure Discussion Thread

Postby chadster » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:45 am

So let's sum things up.

Will passes away, wife sues family over the valuation of Holiday World and wins which then leaves the bloodline Koch family, who built the park from the ground up, out in the cold.

Pat, Dan, and Sis buy Alabama Adventures with the dream of building it up in a similar fashion as Holiday World with free pepsi, tubes, parking, and sun screen.

Wow, amazing what a family feud will do.
Last edited by chadster on Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:50 am.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Intaman » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:46 am

Given the recent history and that Dan appears in the photo, it wouldn't surprise me if there is an Alabama Koch-faction, lol. Either that or a compromise has been found with Dan. Of course, this is merely speculation.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:49 am

chadster wrote:So let's sum things up.

Will passes away, wife sues family over valuation of Holiday World and wins, then leaves the bloodline Koch family, who built the park from the ground up, out in the cold.

Pat, Dan, and Sis buy Alabama Adventures with the dream of building it up in a similar fashion as Holiday World with free pepsi, tubes, parking, and sun screen.

Hmm... that sounds like a pretty fair summarization. I guess in a way, it would make sense that if your blood family, that spent decades building something up, lost all control to a relative by "marriage" that could seriously create a huge amount of family drama.

It will be VERY interesting to follow this all as it unfolds.

--Robb
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:40 am.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby TheSchwitek » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:54 am

chadster wrote:So let's sum things up.

Will passes away, wife sues family over valuation of the park and wins, then leaves the bloodline Koch family, who built the park from the ground up, out in the cold.

^ This pretty much sums it up. So yes, two separate families now, and the bloodline family is out of HW. The rides section will be back eventually, but this year the kiddie rides will only be in the Main Street area.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/1dd3c6b95d6fcccc520ab06ed5f5204b.jpg[/img][/url]

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby GrapesLie » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:03 am

I wouldn't be surprised if for the 2015 season we see a new water slide/attraction for the water park, a full reopen of the dry side of the park, and possibly a small to medium sized new roller coaster. Hard to say for sure though. Well see how things go. But early on my guess is they will heavily invest to bring in more attention to the park. I'm actually very excited about this! :b

I make cake

Postby Brandy524 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:04 am

Technically this is my home park but I've never been to it. Kind of excited to see what they do with it.

I donut like this custom title :(

Postby yay101 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:27 am

This IS interesting! I wonder what they can do. If I were to guess, they will probably build a wooden roller coaster and improve the water park. That's just a guess; I have no idea.
Favourite Coaster: Steel Vengeance
Other Favourites: SkyRush, Storm Chaser, Lightning Run, Magnum XL-200, Voyage, Apollo's Chariot, Phoenix, Outlaw Run, and Storm Runner

Obsessed with S&S Screamin Swings

If Magnum XL-200 dies we riot

Hello Kitty is not a cat. Hello Kitty is god. You exist only at Hello Kitty's pleasure. Crawl like drugged roaches before her splendor

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby vacoaster09 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:38 am

WOW! Great For Alabama! I don't know what to say about HW. Hopefully the bloodline Koch's and the Koch-by-marriage can find the Coaster-Jesus and sort things out and consolidate these two separate ventures into one. Either way, I am happy that Pat, Dan, and Sis are continuing on with their passion and didn't let the legal situation stop them from moving forward.
Leviathan - "I am a B&M, I am clearly not the father. I305 is not my child."
Millennium Force - "Yes he is Maury... I am 100% sure"
Maury - "Leviathan ..... in the case of possessed juvenile I305 .... you are not the father!
Maverick - (giggles with guilty grin)"

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby milst1 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:55 am

Actually, there is "bloodline" on both sides. Lori argued (if I recall the news stories correctly) that her central interest was in seeing Will Koch's children (directly blood next-gen) eventually manage the park. Those kids are 26, 23, and 20 now, adding 4 to their ages at the time of Will's death in 2010.
Shameless Plug!
One Photo For Every Park We Hit in 2018!
2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009
Last Park: Six Flags New England
Next Park: Somewhere in China
Final 2018 Park Count: 101
Running 2019 Park Count: 39

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:21 am

Uhh... Holy cow. This caught me far off guard... Well, at least Alabama Adventure will be getting the love it desparately needs. I'm just worried about how they'll handle the crowds in a totally different zone versus the one they had in Indiana.

So glad to see this thread revived with something (relatively) positive too.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!