Splash Adventure (Alabama Adventure) Discussion Thread

Page 79: Pirate ship andwater slide are the 2019 additions
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Way Close to Knoebels!

Re: Alabama Adventure Discussion Thread

Postby Josh Linn » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:06 am

Skycoastin Steve wrote:SAVE TEH RAMPAGE!!!

[Insert "Knoebel's should save this coaster" comment here]

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Myself » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:44 am

I'd be all for that idea.
IfKnoebelsSavedRampage.png
If they did it right, it could fit here (almost perfectly) behind Skloosh.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby kidcoaster 2 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:54 am

^ Isn't Rampage built on a hill?

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:13 pm

^Yes, Rampage was custom built for the terrain, it would be insanely difficult (probably impossible, if not outrageously expensive) to relocate it.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:20 pm

^That combined with the quality of wood used to construct it make moving it extremely unrealistic. It's sad....the park rebuilt one of the trains last year and never got a chance to put it back on the track.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby eddie200330 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:54 pm

Skycoastin Steve wrote:^Yes, Rampage was custom built for the terrain, it would be insanely difficult (probably impossible, if not outrageously expensive) to relocate it.

Didn't Magic Mountain just open up some space on a hill?? :lmao:
Life is a lemon and I want my money back????

He who farts in church sits in own pew.............

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby sfog1985 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:53 pm

Well this is unfortunate. As someone who'd visited AA/Visionland back in 1999 and 2005, it's sad to see almost all of their non-water stuff (aside from Rampage, an Enterprise, 2 kiddy rides, and a Space Shot tower) offered up like this.

I can't say I was a big fan of the park or its overall ride offerings (aside from Rampage, which was incredible in 99 and still quite good but notably rougher in 05). However, it would still be sad to see what is technically my home park become just a water park, although that had always been its biggest local draw and where most of the additions and attention over the years were focused.

At least the waterpark stuff is decent for a park of their size and scope, but not really enough for a standalone experience IMO. Even the park-based water stuff was quite poor, with dull layouts and very little wetness involved (at least for the flume and rapids ride, I can't speak for the splashdown put in last year; it's probably better for getting wet).

And yes, Rampage is primarily built on a hillside, so moving it elsewhere would probably be very difficult.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:13 pm

Skycoastin Steve wrote:^Yes, Rampage was custom built for the terrain, it would be insanely difficult (probably impossible, if not outrageously expensive) to relocate it.

Exactly. If Rampage does close (it's not for sale, though, right?), the practicality of re-locating a woodie that is now 13 seasons old, has been tailor made for a specific location, and the cost associated with having to re-profile it to a new location, just doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense.

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:15 pm

^No, it's not for sale. I heard about this whole sale of rides/closing of the dry side a couple months ago, so I've been preparing for the fact that Rampage will never run again for a while now. Even when I worked there in 2009, I knew the park was on its last few breaths. Surprising it even made it two more seasons if you ask me. It'll be interesting to see how long the water park lasts.

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby XYZ » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:18 pm

I don't think there are many parks desperately wanting a CCI, known for rough, very unreliable coasters of which millions of dollars needs to be spent to renovate it. Look at what mess Knott's has with GhostRider, a formerly amazing woodie now considered one of the worst.
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!