Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:24 am

Kip...

I was ALL OVER Space Probe 7!!! In fact, it was my favorite drop ride until I rode Blue Fall last year. It was incredible. So well themed, ride ops stayed in character and did a great job! I still have my onride photo somewhere! I put it on my 'senior page' in my yearbook! I'd be really pissed if they scraped it. :x Last I heard they were trying to save it but who knows.

Looking into our Europe Trip it looks like Gardaland has a "mini" version. Same theming and enclosed top, but only about 150' tall. I hope it's as good!

Elissa "I even got the Kiddie Woodie Credit at Wonderland!" Alvey

Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:11 pm

Here is the current deal with Wonderland.

Bush Beast is going under servailance in terms of a "Local Heritage Order" which will restrain it from going anywhere.

Beastie is still there, Which I doubt will go anywhere. I believe it will get knocked down. No Doubts about that one.

Probe last I heard about the Probe was that there hasn't been much interest in it, so a British Company which deals with the sales of used rides will be looking after it. This is however a rumor.

If you are ever going to talk about Wonderland on the forums, let it be good. If it is not good, like how crap the place was, take it somewhere else. I am sick and tired of people making fun of the land. Makes me really upset and angry.

Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:27 pm

I thought the park was great!

Elissa "loved the mini-donuts!" Alvey

Bye Bye Visionland...

Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:47 pm

...Hello Alabama Adventure. Today the park announced they are changing their name. They also announced their summer concert series and some of their future plans for the park including RV Campground, an animal park, A hotel w/ indoor water park, among others.
The press release can be found here

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/sit ... ewsLang=en

Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:57 pm

I think the new name is a lot better than Visionland, which always reminded me of a theme park for eye doctors. I hope they don't rely too much on their concert series alone to bring in the people though. Much like Wild Adventures, the concert brings them in, the loads of rides is what will keep them their though. Visionland, err Alabama Adventure, is still lacking a lot in the rides department. Throwing all those other attractions in will definitely make it an "Alabama" Adventure, especially with the stock car racing. Git R Done!

Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:41 pm

I'm glad I got a chance to visit the park before they changed the name! =)

Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:49 pm

^Is that a joke or are you serious?!?!

Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:51 pm

^It was a joke!

Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:58 pm

I wonder if the "theme park" will still be called Magic Adventure.

Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:13 pm

All I know is that this park hasn't seemed to do much right in the past few years. They can't seem to market themselves if their lives depended on it!

All these name changes and park re-structuring is just going to confuse people. Hell, I'm confused and I've BEEN to the damn park loads of time!!!

--Robb "What was wrong with Steel Waters?" Alvey
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS