Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:49 pm

Quick Maxx Force update:

I went to Six Flags yesterday for a few hours and MF was consistently launching in the neighborhood of 110 seconds. Although they were not being used for the most part, all of the new queue line addition is finished AND 4 out of six overhead sun shelter screens have been installed as well as a second large misting fan.

Also, yesterday was exactly 40 years to the day that I first set foot in (what was then) Marriott's Great America. The new attraction for '79 was Fort Fun, the large children's playhouse where the Go Kart track is now. Tidal Wave was only a year old and it was the last year for Turn Of The Century before it was converted to The Demon for 1980 season.

Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:29 pm

RIP Fort Fun, If that's the big ball shooting room, I would spend hours in there as a kid.

Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:14 am

Can any kind passholder of six flags great America provide me with the code that was emailed yesterday for the presale of 2020 passes? Apparently it went out yesterday and I would love to buy a pass before I go to the park this Sunday.

Thanks!

Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:33 am

octoroach wrote:Can any kind passholder of six flags great America provide me with the code that was emailed yesterday for the presale of 2020 passes? Apparently it went out yesterday and I would love to buy a pass before I go to the park this Sunday.

Thanks!

Thanks for giving me the heads up- had no idea about a presale

Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:49 am

Got the code, thanks!

Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:49 am

JamesMC wrote:Quick Maxx Force update:

I went to Six Flags yesterday for a few hours and MF was consistently launching in the neighborhood of 110 seconds. Although they were not being used for the most part, all of the new queue line addition is finished AND 4 out of six overhead sun shelter screens have been installed as well as a second large misting fan.

Also, yesterday was exactly 40 years to the day that I first set foot in (what was then) Marriott's Great America. The new attraction for '79 was Fort Fun, the large children's playhouse where the Go Kart track is now. Tidal Wave was only a year old and it was the last year for Turn Of The Century before it was converted to The Demon for 1980 season.

Excellent memories! My first visit to Great America was 1980, the year of the Demon! I see you are from Crown Point; I was there last week to visit the Lake County Fair. Not what it used to be be, but also good memories... my grandparents were the caretakers of the Fairgrounds throughout most of the 80s, so that was my playground. The house that used to be right inside the 4H entrance gate; that was my home away from home! Oh the Zipper and Sky Diver memories. I was a tiny kid and they'd let you ride anything - even alone! Times have changed! Sorry to get off topic, but I love Crown Point and visit all the time.

I'm glad to hear they are getting Maxx Force trains out quicker. Now could they open the exit gates so we don't have to walk ... nah, forget it. I'm at the point where I need to be done with Six Flags for a good year or two; it would be my first "time away" from my home park since 1980. It's more fulfilling to drive a few hours to parks that have a higher quality of service. It's a bit sad as I do love Great America and consider it the best in the chain, but you know what they say: "if it ain't fun no more, don't do it!"

Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:49 pm

I was planning on heading to the park for the first time this year with a first timer. I have the season Flash Pass on my card but I'm struggling with accessing the reservation portal. Of course it brings up an error when I try to access it with the order number and email. I've looked around the website and the app to no avail. Anyone have any advice? Also, what are the steps to adding a person to the Flash Pass for a visit?

Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:46 pm

3rd teaser is up

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1NNm4oBsBg/?igshid=1abxjehn68zre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:22 pm

JG-77 wrote:
tinaalsgirl wrote:Well, it's not a base-tier GA-only membership - it's a Platinum that gets us in to all the parks

Just FYI, I believe that every Six Flags season pass/membership gets you into all their parks (at least all the dry parks). I do not believe there are single park season passes at all.

I don't know about other parks, but SFGAm has a 'Thrill Pass' that they say is the same price as a one-day ticket (but doesn't have discounts) and goes until Labor Day. Not quire sure who would buy it, but it's out there...

A Thrill Pass gives you unlimited visits to Six Flags Great America through September 2, 2019 for the same price as a one-day ticket! Buy a day, get the rest of the summer FREE. Hurricane Harbor requires an additional fee.

Please note Hurricane Harbor, Fright Fest, in-park discounts, free tickets for friends and admission to other parks are not included with a Thrill Pass. Children two and under free.

Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:27 am

B&MGuy35 wrote:3rd teaser is up

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1NNm4oBsBg/?igshid=1abxjehn68zre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RMC conversion?
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS