Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

P. 1242 - Maxx Force Media Day coverage
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Postby grsupercity » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:42 pm

It would be neat to see a RMC Conversion on one half of American Eagle. One side RMC IBOX and the other side original American Eagle.
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby RaceBoarder » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:42 pm

tinaalsgirl wrote:So, uh, is there a way to change your home park on your Six Flags membership? My friends and I bought our memberships at Great America, but that isn't our local Six Flags - St. Louis is our nearest. I've logged into my membership account and there doesn't seem to be a way to change which park is listed as my home park.... So now I'm getting e-mails about Bring A Friend, but it's for GA and I don't live anywhere near Chicago (friends and I are in Missouri).

Do we have to go to the park to change it? If we go to SF STL, can we change it to our home park there?

I don't think you can change your park because each park sets their own price. You would probably have to cancel your current membership and purchase a SFStL one.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby tinaalsgirl » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:03 pm

Well, it's not a base-tier GA-only membership - it's a Platinum that gets us in to all the parks; is the price for that different, too, based on which park you get it at?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:03 pm

Yes, Six Flags prices all their memberships differently depending on which park you buy it from. It's different from Cedar Fair, which (for now) prices all Platinum passes the same. CF is moving to a membership model like SF has, so that may change next year.

The good news is your St. Louis Platinum membership will probably be cheaper than your Chicago Platinum membership.

Postby Mike240SX » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:34 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Yes, Six Flags prices all their memberships differently depending on which park you buy it from. It's different from Cedar Fair, which (for now) prices all Platinum passes the same. CF is moving to a membership model like SF has, so that may change next year.

The good news is your St. Louis Platinum membership will probably be cheaper than your Chicago Platinum membership.

For the record, there is nothing to indicate that CP is changing to a membership model. All they said was that existing auto-renewals will not auto-renew for 2020. This could be caused by something as simple as a deletion of a word in the terms of service.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 133
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Postby prozach626 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:36 pm

jlp94 wrote:So there's some fresh wood next to Eagle's brake run on the red side, and it gave me an idea.

What if, for 2020, Great America gave Eagle a refurbishment similar to that of Revolution at SFMM? New name, new trains, and some fresh new wood and track.

Wooden coasters are a constant work in progress. Bad wood and parts of the track get replaced on a regular basis. The wood you saw is nothing out of the norm. A lot of work is done every off season. Re-branding this classic coaster won't do anything but take away some of its nostalgia. One of the reasons behind the name change of Revolution is that they added VR to it.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:37 pm

Mike240SX wrote:
ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Yes, Six Flags prices all their memberships differently depending on which park you buy it from. It's different from Cedar Fair, which (for now) prices all Platinum passes the same. CF is moving to a membership model like SF has, so that may change next year.

For the record, there is nothing to indicate that CP is changing to a membership model. All they said was that existing auto-renewals will not auto-renew for 2020. This could be caused by something as simple as a deletion of a word in the terms of service.

Thanks for the clarification. What I had read made it sound more certain than it apparently is.

Postby JG-77 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:45 pm

tinaalsgirl wrote:Well, it's not a base-tier GA-only membership - it's a Platinum that gets us in to all the parks

Just FYI, I believe that every Six Flags season pass/membership gets you into all their parks (at least all the dry parks). I do not believe there are single park season passes at all.
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby JT2002 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:27 am

Apparently their are survey markings on stairs at the Tornado slide in the water park. Water Coaster?
I resemble that

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby tinaalsgirl » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:41 pm

Thanks for all the info, y'all! I'll have to talk to my friends about it and see if they want to go through the hassle of switching; I don't know if we'd even use any of the home-park based features.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!