Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

P. 156: Mike Spanos to become President & CEO of Six Flags
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Re: Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

Postby ALT2870 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:37 pm

tinaalsgirl wrote:If switching from Coke to Pepsi means getting Dr. Pepper, I'd be all over that.

But yeah, Coke Zero is absolutely the best diet soda out there right now; and the orange vanilla is HEAVENLY.

Dr. Pepper is an independent brand, theoretically could be added if Six Flags wanted to but I'm sure they would rather only deal with a single company when it comes to an operation this large.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:01 pm

ALT2870 wrote:
tinaalsgirl wrote:If switching from Coke to Pepsi means getting Dr. Pepper, I'd be all over that.

But yeah, Coke Zero is absolutely the best diet soda out there right now; and the orange vanilla is HEAVENLY.

Dr. Pepper is an independent brand, theoretically could be added if Six Flags wanted to but I'm sure they would rather only deal with a single company when it comes to an operation this large.

It is distributed and bottled by themselves, Pepsi, and coke depending on the region.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:34 am

^Does Coke or Pepsi have their own competitor for Dr. Pepper as well? When some friends took me to Cedar Point when I went out to visit them, I stayed in Pennsylvania and at some of the restaurants we went to, I never saw Dr. Pepper on the fountains but so many people were drinking something that tasted like it (they said it was better but I can't even remember the taste to compare) and I've never seen it elsewhere on my (mostly European/Asian) travels. I feel like even the name sounded like a knock-off of Dr. Pepper.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby yawetag » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:05 am

ALT2870 wrote:

Excuse me... it's Dr Pepper (no period)!

Garet wrote:^Does Coke or Pepsi have their own competitor for Dr. Pepper as well? When some friends took me to Cedar Point when I went out to visit them, I stayed in Pennsylvania and at some of the restaurants we went to, I never saw Dr. Pepper on the fountains but so many people were drinking something that tasted like it (they said it was better but I can't even remember the taste to compare) and I've never seen it elsewhere on my (mostly European/Asian) travels. I feel like even the name sounded like a knock-off of Dr. Pepper.

Mr. Pibb? It's a Coke product.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Haymaker » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:48 pm

Garet wrote:^Does Coke or Pepsi have their own competitor for Dr. Pepper as well? When some friends took me to Cedar Point when I went out to visit them, I stayed in Pennsylvania and at some of the restaurants we went to, I never saw Dr. Pepper on the fountains but so many people were drinking something that tasted like it (they said it was better but I can't even remember the taste to compare) and I've never seen it elsewhere on my (mostly European/Asian) travels. I feel like even the name sounded like a knock-off of Dr. Pepper.

Pibb xtra

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:06 pm

since Dr Pepper was created right up the road in Waco, at least in Texas you'll discover that places that carry Pepsi, will typically offer Dr Pepper as well.

but, if they carry Coke products, then your option is going to be Mr. Pibb (which is similar to Dr Pepper, but I find it a bit sweeter). The closest Mr. Pibb taste to Dr Pepper is going to be, as Haymaker mentions, Pibb xtra - which Coke *created* to compete more closely with Dr Pepper's taste.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby chschris1 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:43 pm

Idk I think pepsi is better than coke. I also prefer Diet Pepsi over all other diet sodas. It has a much much better bite to it than Diet Coke. Diet Coke tastes terrible to me.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby bgtlover » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:28 am

I would welcome Pepsi with open arms, not that I'm gonna hold my breath. I hated when SW/BG switched to Coke. It was the only major chain (that I was aware of at the time anyway) that had Pepsi, and the parks I visit most often since living here in FL. I mostly drink water, in general, and Dasani is f'n nasty. Aquafina I could at least drink. At least most parks let you bring in one bottled water (or more in some cases) when you enter the park, but of course it's enough to get started with. I usually refill at the fountains or bottle refill stations if available vs. that nasty metallic tasting Dasani, and Smartwater? Complete rip off IMO.

As far as sodas, I'll get one when I'm having a meal, maybe a refill if I'm there all day long. I can tolerate Coke in fountain drink form, but still prefer Pepsi. One exception is Cherry Coke, which I love. Cherry Pepsi is blah as hell. I can usually find Cherry Coke in parks with the freestyle machines at least, and occasionally a restaurant might have it.
Coaster Count: 130
Top 10:

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby mary.pesik » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:02 pm

I can't wait for the 2021 announcements. Being a DC nerd, I pay close attention to who they theme the rides after. It's about time Martian Manhunter or Green Arrow get a ride.

I bet Spanos will continue the trend of cheesy videos.
"It's go time! Head back, hold on, and prepare to dish out the mighty wrath of justice!" ~ some retarded turtle

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!