Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

P. 156: Mike Spanos to become President & CEO of Six Flags
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

Postby RaceBoarder » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:14 pm

ALT2870 wrote:
RaceBoarder wrote:I'm curious to see what perks they stripped away from the passes. Specifically if a season pass will become usable at just a single park.

Um nothing? I'm not sure why this rumor of stripped down to them just getting rid of passes is still out there.

In fact they added some extra perks to the passes this year.

Such as? What was added?

They've shown that they prefer memberships over passes...

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby kBigDaddy » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:11 am

is it just me or are memberships cheaper now than they were before? I'm paying 18.75 for diamond elite from when they originally offered the memberships, seeing Diamond Elite now for 16.99. Guessing the only way to get the price (per past interactions) is to cancel and do a new commitment.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby WolfBobs » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:44 am

kBigDaddy wrote:is it just me or are memberships cheaper now than they were before? I'm paying 18.75 for diamond elite from when they originally offered the memberships, seeing Diamond Elite now for 16.99. Guessing the only way to get the price (per past interactions) is to cancel and do a new commitment.

Is this a pre-tax price? Cause in Ohio with 8% sales tax 16.99 will turn into about $18.34 as the actual charge per month.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby kBigDaddy » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:56 pm

WolfBobs wrote:
kBigDaddy wrote:is it just me or are memberships cheaper now than they were before? I'm paying 18.75 for diamond elite from when they originally offered the memberships, seeing Diamond Elite now for 16.99. Guessing the only way to get the price (per past interactions) is to cancel and do a new commitment.

Is this a pre-tax price? Cause in Ohio with 8% sales tax 16.99 will turn into about $18.34 as the actual charge per month.

no being charged 20.63 a month, which is 18.75 + 10% MD tax. Think the difference right now is they are charging the price you get with 4+ people even for single user accounts. So that's the difference.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby ChrisGraslie » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:03 pm

There was a new survey sent out today about changes to employee appearance policy, more specifically about allowing more kinds of hairstyles for men with long hair. This seems to be in response to the teen who was denied a job at SFOT earlier this year because of his dreadlocks, which they deemed an "extreme hairstyle". I thought it was interesting that they actually listened to the outrage and are considering making changes to their appearance/dress code because of it, because Six Flags isn't exactly the most receptive company :lol:

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:24 pm

Maybe, maybe not. They did a survey about visible tattoos on employees like 4-5 years ago and I believe they still aren't allowed at Six Flags but Cedar Fair started allowing them last year.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:36 am

^^I just filled that one out, because I sure as heck want to know about any policies Six Flags is considering changing. I'm generally in favor of liberal self-expression and grooming policies, although I do understand the reasoning behind typical levels of strictness.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby sawblade5 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:33 pm

Back to the Memberships. A few years back I got a Glld Membership at SFStL and had a nice low price. However what made me go back to the passes is the fact they doubled the price of the membership after 12 months. I canceled my membership soon after and went back to a pass.

This was back when memberships were a new thing. However I see every August and September we get the Flash Sale prices. So what do you guys with memberships do when the Flash sale comes? Do you have to cancel at the 10 month mark and get a new membership or is there another way to deal with the 12th month price increase?

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby DarienPoint » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:52 pm

^ Whatever you first pay (even if you get the cheaper price during a sale), that's what you pay for every month, it doesn't change.
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 100 || Parks: 16
100th Coaster: Comet @ TGE :b
Top 10: 1. Superman the Ride | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Millennium Force | 4. Maverick | 5. Leviathan | 6. Goliath (La Ronde) | 7. Kingda Ka | 8. Behemoth | 9. Bizzaro | 10. El Toro

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:59 pm

^ Nope, that's not true. They can change the price on you at any time after you have met your 12 month commitment. They just have to notify you first.

The Six Flags Membership Agreement wrote:Minimum Term; Changes in the Price of Your Membership: The monthly membership payment will not change during the Minimum Term. (However, sales taxes and other government-imposed fees are not part of the membership price and may be added or adjusted at any time without notice as required by law.) You agree that Six Flags may change your monthly membership payments any time after the expiration of the Minimum Term. Six Flags will give you notice of any change in your monthly membership payments before the new payment amount goes into effect, by sending a notice to the email address you provide. If you do not wish to continue your membership at the new payment amount, you must cancel your membership as described in the Cancellation Procedure below. When the new payment amount goes into effect, Six Flags will charge your Card for the new monthly membership payments of all Members, unless you cancel according to the terms of this agreement. You acknowledge that your monthly membership payments may be different from others’ monthly membership payments because of discounts or promotions offered to others for which you may not be eligible or which are not available at the time you sign up.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!