Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

P. 130 - Six Flags 2019 Announcements
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:24 am

bert425 wrote:
ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Let's be reasonable. Disney doesn't start making your food until you check in either. Neither do McDonald's, Sonic, or anyone else. There was always zero chance Six Flags would make your food before you check in.

as I noted, I'm absolutely willing to give it a chance once it goes live and we see how they plan it to actually work, so open minded about it now.

but I'd think if you pay when you order? then your food would be ready when you walk in.
(one of the questions on the survey I took was basically, "when would you be willing to pay for the food" -- and the options were like: when you order, before you arrive. when you arrive at the restaurant. when you get your food).

so they might be considering the options.

but again, open minded and willing to give it a chance :)

I get that. I just don't expect them to innovate at all. Right now all the fast food apps have you prepay then check in when you arrive, and Disney has followed suit. It's a model that works, and it's a relatively small percentage of customers. Six Flags will want to tap into this but not rock the boat. It's their MO.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby yawetag » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:37 am

Lotologist492 wrote:Here at SFoG (opening day) I was pleasantly surprised to find new "refill stations" at numerous locations around the park.

I give it until about July 1st before those refill stations are where every single fruit fly in a 25-mile radius congregate. Outside without a constant eye on being clean, probably being used non-stop.

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:11 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Let's be reasonable. Disney doesn't start making your food until you check in either. Neither do McDonald's, Sonic, or anyone else. There was always zero chance Six Flags would make your food before you check in.

I guess I'm just used to Starbucks and Subway mobile ordering where the food is ready by the time you get there. It gives you a time estimate (e.g. 15 minutes) based on how busy they are so that you can plan to arrive when the food/drink is ready.

The way Starbucks does it is super convenient and I never have to wait in line at Starbucks anymore using the app. I've never had a problem getting the wrong drink or having my drink stolen either. I look at people waiting in line (which is long and slow at my college town) and wonder why everyone doesn't just use this service.

I did run into an issue once with Subway where I ordered and paid for something they had run out of, and they had to call me and make me a different sandwich and issue me a cash refund for the price difference when I arrived at the store. I'd hate to pay for food at Six Flags to find out that they ran out of what I wanted and there is nothing else I can eat at that location due to my dietary restrictions. I'm sure they'd figure out some way to make it right, though.

Unfortunately, I never tried mobile ordering when I was last at Disney, so I don't know how their mobile ordering works. That would probably be a better gauge to work with than Starbucks or Subway.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Lotologist492 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:14 pm

yawetag wrote:
Lotologist492 wrote:Here at SFoG (opening day) I was pleasantly surprised to find new "refill stations" at numerous locations around the park.

I give it until about July 1st before those refill stations are where every single fruit fly in a 25-mile radius congregate. Outside without a constant eye on being clean, probably being used non-stop.

The refill stations that were located outside were adjunct to a snack stand and had an attendant. (Someone has to keep away the freeloaders...and keep it clean also.) I do not share your 'fruit fly' prediction.

This may be Six Flags but give them a break for once...let's not attempt to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. :roll:

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:51 pm

RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:

I guess I'm just used to Starbucks and Subway mobile ordering where the food is ready by the time you get there. It gives you a time estimate (e.g. 15 minutes) based on how busy they are so that you can plan to arrive when the food/drink is ready.

The way Starbucks does it is super convenient and I never have to wait in line at Starbucks anymore using the app. I've never had a problem getting the wrong drink or having my drink stolen either. I look at people waiting in line (which is long and slow at my college town) and wonder why everyone doesn't just use this service.

I did run into an issue once with Subway where I ordered and paid for something they had run out of, and they had to call me and make me a different sandwich and issue me a cash refund for the price difference when I arrived at the store. I'd hate to pay for food at Six Flags to find out that they ran out of what I wanted and there is nothing else I can eat at that location due to my dietary restrictions. I'm sure they'd figure out some way to make it right, though.

Unfortunately, I never tried mobile ordering when I was last at Disney, so I don't know how their mobile ordering works. That would probably be a better gauge to work with than Starbucks or Subway.

Oh interesting. I live in a college town too, just don't like Starbucks. :lol:

Sonic had an issue with an order I placed on the app, and they couldn't make it. They refunded me and brought out a substitute, all on their offer. I thought that was really great of them.

As for Six Flags, undoubtedly there are going to be issues, especially in the beginning. They'll figure out what works for them. I just see them leaning really hard on what has been done before.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby TheAmericanKnight » Tue May 14, 2019 8:32 pm

How likely is it that Six Flags begins to buys one of those newer Vekoma launch coaster models in bulk? Or is it more likely for them to buy S&S launching coasters in bulk if Maxx Force goes well?

Postby Superbatboy » Wed May 15, 2019 9:44 am

^The second option seems more likely
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed May 15, 2019 10:39 am

Six Flags is really conservative, and they tend to stick with proven strategies. That's why you see the same names over and over, even for different rides, because those names have proven to be successful at attracting new guests. If MaxxForce goes over well, they'll do it again in markets where it makes sense.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue May 28, 2019 7:04 pm

Whoops, meant to put that in the Sea World corporate thread.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:55 pm

Anyone holding their breath regarding Six Flags in Dubai can relax. I'm sure SF is happy to have the $7.5 million

https://www.apnews.com/c71008aa669c4cabaa7747da1f999aa0

Dubai firm pays $7.5M for cancelling Six Flags park plans
AP NEWS
July 3, 2019

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — A Dubai firm said Tuesday it will pay $7.5 million to Six Flags after abandoning plans to build a version of the U.S. amusement park in the United Arab Emirates amid a slowdown in the economy.

DXB Entertainments, which runs Dubai Parks & Resorts, said it agreed with Texas-based Six Flags Entertainment Corp. to pay the amount as “a right of first refusal.”

In February, DXB Entertainments announced it was cancelling plans to build the $454 million Six Flags, citing financing constraints. The company, which owns other theme parks in Dubai, posted a first quarter net loss of $59 million and visits were down 11% over the same period.

DXB Entertainments is majority-owned by Meraas Holding, a development company owned by Dubai ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!