Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:14 pm

It would be great to see Big Foot Rapids get a Garner Holt type renovation. I know the ride is not as special as Log Ride or Mine ride but I think a nice revamp would make it more exciting.

Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:31 pm

They are starting to run out of old stuff to update and renovate. Maybe it is Bigfoot rapids turn.

Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:16 pm

Wow only 2 new mazes??

Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:24 pm

tanthonyam wrote:Wow only 2 new mazes??

2-3 new mazes per year is the norm for Knott's. The good thing is that they have really upped their production in the last 5 years, so the returning mazes don't feel nearly as tired as they used to.

Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:59 pm

2 new mazes is pretty normal for Knotts. But we’re also getting a new street zone “Forsaken Lake” underneath Silver Bullet, the new Time Zombies VR experience in the Boardwalk arcade and a show in Birdcage theater which hasn’t happened in a few years. Also keep an eye out for new atmospheric elements and characters all throughout the park this year.

KSF starts in exactly 2 weeks!

Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:24 am

GhostRider’s midcourse brake run is being reinstalled.
Last edited by KnottsBerryMountain on Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:23 pm.

Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:55 am

KnottsBerryMountain wrote:GhostRider’s midcourse break run is being reinstalled.

I feel like this won't do anything to help the problem. It would be one thing if they have to wait to dispatch the train on every cycle, but when I'm there I find that they consistently dispatch with the second train either stacked or at the slow moving part of the brake run. Something that I think would help is to reprogram the final brake run so that it doesn't add around 15-20 seconds to the cycle time when it is running one train.

Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:28 pm

Xcelerator4 wrote:
KnottsBerryMountain wrote:GhostRider’s midcourse break run is being reinstalled.

I feel like this won't do anything to help the problem. It would be one thing if they have to wait to dispatch the train on every cycle, but when I'm there I find that they consistently dispatch with the second train either stacked or at the slow moving part of the brake run. Something that I think would help is to reprogram the final brake run so that it doesn't add around 15-20 seconds to the cycle time when it is running one train.

yeah, maybe the fastest i've ever seen them dispatch was when the other train hit the brake run, maybe. but most often, like you said, on that slow af return brake run. so, hopefully, this isn't to actually use it as a trim. the ride is still really smooth, unlike most GCI's after a few years. but maybe it is doing more damage to the track than anticipated.

Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:35 pm

As long as it doesn't trim the trains like it used to, I'm good. Although it won't really help capacity much unless they start running all three trains.

Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:53 pm

Does Knott's still have 3 trains for Ghostrider? I thought I had heard they only bought 2 new trains for it.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS