The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1501 - Bigfoot Rapids to become Calico River Rapids
Users viewing this topic: Google [Bot] and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby michaellynn4 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:53 pm

SteVeUrkle wrote:
CoasterInk wrote:As Rob said in another thread, its pretty hard to call it a trend, because only 4 B&M dives have been added from 2004-2019.

Looks like 12 to me.

Exhibit A on if you're going to cite a comment made by someone, do it properly and don't leave out information.

robbalvey wrote:
DoinItForTheFame wrote:Times have changed. Dive Coasters seem to be the *thing to have* right now...

There will have been a total of FOUR B&M Dive Coasters built in North America between 2004 - 2019. (16 seasons) I'm not sure you can really call that a trend.

DoinItForTheFame wrote:Just like Inverts were a while back.

In comparison, there were 18 B&M inverts built in North America within that same time frame.

I don't think this is a good comparison.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Shut It Down » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:05 pm

SteVeUrkle wrote:
CoasterInk wrote:As Rob said in another thread, its pretty hard to call it a trend, because only 4 B&M dives have been added from 2004-2019.

Looks like 12 to me.

Where are you getting 12 from??? It even says “Found:14” on the screenshot you posted!!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:19 pm

Shut It Down wrote:Where are you getting 12 from??? It even says “Found:14” on the screenshot you posted!!

Exhibit B. He said 2004 - 2019. Two of the fourteen in the list were built prior to 2004.

14 - 2 = 12.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby CoasterInk » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:21 pm

Apologies... fixed now! Won't do that again.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Arthur_Seaton » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:17 pm

PKI Jizzman wrote:I'll wait for your approval, Arthur! I need to get back and ride everything I missed. A quick trip out and back once the park is slow sounds fantastic.

Returned to the park today and everything was back to awesome! I was there from about 3:30pm to 7pm and all rides were a walk-on with the option to stay on and ride again. Ghost Rider, of course, was the exception, but the longest wait for that was four trains (I even got one walk-on). I basically rode all my favorites about three times each (Xcelerator, Montezooma, Hang Time, Silver Bullet, Ghost Rider, Sierra Sidewinder, Supreme Scream, and La Revolucion). I also rode Jaguar and Sol Spin once each because why not? So, a great little visit!

Ghost Rider seems ready for its maintenance. It's hardly rough, but you can tell that track / structure takes a beating every year and it's starting to show in quite a few spots. I rode Hang Time in the second car (far right) and found it surprisingly jolty through the inversions, but the back car (same seat) seemed super smooth. I'm not sure what caused that discrepancy, though. I'm warming to the ride a bit more (not that I didn't like it, per se, but I wasn't as enamored with it as other rides at the park), and the station was empty which made riding it even more appealing. I still think the lift is totally unnerving, the drop is pitched perfectly, and the innocuous-looking drop over the entrance is a perfect example of comfortable ejector air (it doesn't throw you into the restraint; instead, it's like having the floor pulled out from under you). I rarely ride Sierra Sidewinder because it's usually swamped with kids, but I got to ride it a couple of times today and was reminded of how forceful it is. It packs some intense positive gs into that tiny layout.

I haven't ridden La Revolucion since Crazanity opened, but I got to return to it today. I dig Crazanity but still kind of prefer La Revolucion. Crazanity, to me, is a legitimately intense ride (maybe even a bit too intense), whereas La Revolucion is pure fun — especially being able to see folks opposite you fly out of their seat. Still, I think Crazanity was the perfect fit for Six Flags and La Revolucion is the perfect fit for Knotts.

So, for anyone looking for a quiet day at the park with easy access to all the rides, the time is now (if you can get there on a weekday, at least).

IMG_0119.JPG
Some serious ejection on this top hat!

IMG_0123.JPG
Hang Time line.

IMG_0130.JPG
Xcelerator line.

IMG_0136.JPG
Ghost Rider line.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:23 pm

^ Well, those queues looked....nice and easy to deal with. ;)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Sven20 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:31 pm

Does anybody know where Knott's currently has it's catering kitchen? Asking b/c they recently filed building permits for a 4486 sqft one at 8301 Stanton Street which is off the main property. Just wondering if they may be building a new one off site to open space. The job value is 2.5M in the permit.
http://www.buenapark.com/home/showdocument?id=15093

The other permit filed in July was for a emergency latter on Hangtime with job value of 65K
Last edited by Sven20 on Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:49 pm.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby coasterlvr » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:46 pm

Sven20 wrote:Does anybody know where Knott's currently has it's catering kitchen? Asking b/c they recently filed building permits for a 4486 sqft one at 8301 Stanton Street which is off the main property. Just wondering if they may be building a new one off site to open space. The job value is 2.5M in the permit.

The other permit filed in July was for a emergency latter on Hangtime with job value of 65K

i saw someone in a facebook group say that the new building going up next to the parking lot was the new catering kitchen. or kitchen for the picnic areas. does make sense with the location of it. but who knows.

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Sven20 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:18 pm

Looking thru permits and found some info on Hangtime project costs.
Boomerang deomolition.png
Hangtme ride & lights.png
Hangtme buildings.png
Hangtme shade.png

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby domirellativegal » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:10 pm

Currently at Knotts, my first visit ever to America and currently in line for HangTime... That's some of the worst line cutting i've ever experienced... but I love the park and the employees are veeery nice :)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!