Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:03 am

SteVeUrkle wrote:Xcelerator will be there until they find something better to replace it. I pray to gawd this B&M dive garbage trend is done by then. Ugh.

As Rob said in another thread, its pretty hard to call it a trend, because only 4 B&M dives have been added from 2004-2019 in North America. They're not even bad additions... they're solid rides that draw people to the park.
SteVeUrkle wrote:Ever since Cedar Fair bought it KBF just seems like a "for sure" cash grab and it just doesn't seem like the park gets the upkeep love and attention it needs. Which sucks because the park used to have so much charm, and when I've visited it just seems like it's gone now.

You could maybe argue that when Cedar Fair bought the property, but recently the park has been invested into a lot. In addition the charm seems to be there still, as many others consider this their favorite Cedar Fair park due to its higher level of theming, and charm/environment.
Last edited by CoasterInk on Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:21 pm.

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:26 am

Visionist wrote:I'm visiting California for the first time in September. Thinking of hitting up Knott's on Friday the 21st or the following weekend, since the haunts are on and night rides are in. What tips can you guys give me for riding the coaster as many times as humanly possible? The hotel doesn't seem to give early entry, and Fast/Frightlane looks like it's on the cards, maybe. Is Xcelerator really that unreliable?


Halloween Haunt is separate admission to during the day at Knott's. So, you'd have to pay twice if you want to go during the day, and during Haunt at night. During the day on the weekday should be a ghost town, so you'll be able to marathon pretty much any coaster except for Ghostrider whose line just runs slow.

Xcelerator is extremely reliable. Unless there's something major, like needing a new catch car, or cable, it runs, and runs all day.

Get your riding in during the day, and go to Haunt at night for the mazes and atmosphere.

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:40 pm

Quick question: I’m a platinum passholder and plan to treat two of my friends to park tickets this coming Wednesday, are there discounts I can leverage? Any bring a friend free deals?

Thanks in advance! Hope xcelerator is reopened by then

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:34 pm

Domm wrote:Quick question: I’m a platinum passholder and plan to treat two of my friends to park tickets this coming Wednesday, are there discounts I can leverage? Any bring a friend free deals?

Thanks in advance! Hope xcelerator is reopened by then


Unfortunately, it doesn't look like any friend discounts on that date. I would try Ralphs or AAA.
Attachments
Screenshot (7).png
Pass holders discounts
Screenshot (8).png
Knott's ticket discounts

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:45 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:When I've visited Knott's, I've never seen Xcelerator break down. Whereas every single time I get in line for Top Thrill Dragster,it seems to go down for a 10-15 minute breakdown.


Xcelerator is back open today, so whatever the problem was, it was only a minor issue. Other than the two periods of extended downtime already mentioned (cable snap and whatever part that took 7 months to fix), Xcelerator has been very reliable. It's still one of the most popular rides in the park, so I don't see it going anywhere. Knott's has managed to keep Montezooma running for over 40 years, so I don't see any reason that Xcelerator wouldn't be around for at least that long.

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:50 pm

^^ :airtime: :airtimer:

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:01 pm

I hope Xcelerator stays around for a long, long time. It's a great coaster and is pretty iconic for the park. I just want them to paint the stupid thing...

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:04 pm

VegasBaby wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:When I've visited Knott's, I've never seen Xcelerator break down. Whereas every single time I get in line for Top Thrill Dragster,it seems to go down for a 10-15 minute breakdown.


Xcelerator is back open today, so whatever the problem was, it was only a minor issue. Other than the two periods of extended downtime already mentioned (cable snap and whatever part that took 7 months to fix), Xcelerator has been very reliable.


one of the mechanics is on facebook and just said it was a normal 6 month cable change.

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:39 pm

CoasterInk wrote:As Rob said in another thread, its pretty hard to call it a trend, because only 4 B&M dives have been added from 2004-2019.


Looks like 12 to me.

Image

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:51 pm

SteVeUrkle wrote:
CoasterInk wrote:As Rob said in another thread, its pretty hard to call it a trend, because only 4 B&M dives have been added from 2004-2019.


Looks like 12 to me.

Image


I think he meant to say North American Dive Coasters.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS