The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1501 - Bigfoot Rapids to become Calico River Rapids
Users viewing this topic: Exabot [Bot] and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby laqueefa » Tue May 22, 2018 3:16 am

DILinator wrote:If you don't understand the nature of one of these shoots going in (and in addition to being pretty well spelled out in the invites, you can also call and ask if you have questions). You should really not go because filming for TV or commercials isn't, "Enthusiast ERT". But if you let go of your expectations, and just go along for the ride, whatever that may be, you're likely to have a fun and unique time!

I couldn't agree with you more. I have been to commercial shoots, invited by TPR to cover media event's, etc. There is a HUGE difference between the media event's parks invite you to and commercial shoots... and to be honest, you have to be a special kind of stupid to confuse one with the other!

Now every time someone mentions HangTime, all I can think about is BanTime :lmao:
Tigga, please!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue May 22, 2018 9:32 am

DILinator wrote:I had a chance to go to a shoot for the Travel Network show "Bert: The Conqueror" on Shivering Timbers at MiA, and took my son. We got to ride ST a handful of times, got some food, and got free admission to the park. We had a blast, and in spite of not ending up in any on-ride footage they shot, it was a great event, and both my son and I will always treasure that experience!

SWEET! Did you get to meet Bert?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Tue May 22, 2018 9:39 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
DILinator wrote:I had a chance to go to a shoot for the Travel Network show "Bert: The Conqueror" on Shivering Timbers at MiA, and took my son. We got to ride ST a handful of times, got some food, and got free admission to the park. We had a blast, and in spite of not ending up in any on-ride footage they shot, it was a great event, and both my son and I will always treasure that experience!

I enjoyed watching his show when it was on (are they still producing new episodes?)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

ODS Drummer

Postby Crazy4Coasters! » Tue May 22, 2018 11:14 am

Through TPR, my wife and I were able to enjoy a film shoot for the Travel Channel a few years ago. We had a great experience that exceeded our expectations and we are still very grateful for it. We appreciated the opportunity TPR gave their members to enjoy an experience that is not common for the general public. I'm sorry that some people don't appreciate these opportunities given to them but I hope that doesn't stop Robb from providing these experiences to people who would be genuinely grateful for them.

Here's a clip from the finished film shoot that we were a part of... thanks again TPR for the wonderful opportunity to enjoy the park in a very special way.

https://www.travelchannel.com/videos/the-xcelerator-0187075
-Josh
ImageImage

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Tue May 22, 2018 10:35 pm

Robb, I wouldn't blame you one bit if you never held another WCB because you just couldn't bring yourself to deal with all the terrible obnoxious entitled @$$holes in SoCal. We're overflowing with them, and it seems like they're multiplying faster than ever. What you do with this forum is exactly what I wish I could do with the 405 freeway on a daily basis. Oh, the relief that would be.

Anyway, it can't be repeated enough that some of us really do love and appreciate everything you guys do, especially the efforts made to include us in your adventures. It's amazing that you're still willing to tolerate humanity on any level after everything you've been through!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Thu May 24, 2018 8:34 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:

Yup! Funny guy! What you see on the show is him, the entire time, even off camera. He had this idea for this cheesy group walk thing, that we all did, and they used that. So hilarious! It was the lone time you actually saw me in it! Lol

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby VegasBaby » Thu May 24, 2018 10:15 am

DILinator wrote:
ytterbiumanalyst wrote:

Yup! Funny guy! What you see on the show is him, the entire time, even off camera. He had this idea for this cheesy group walk thing, that we all did, and they used that. So hilarious! It was the lone time you actually saw me in it! Lol

My kids and I used to love watching Bert the Conqueror, glad to hear he's a cool guy in real life.
Coaster Count: 209 Last Coaster: Hangtime
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) El Toro 6) Twisted Colossus 7) Maverick 8) Lightning Rod 9) Mako 10) Storm Runner

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby x2isawesome » Thu May 24, 2018 11:39 am

Went to the park yesterday to check out hangtime and really liked it. I think knotts really has a winner on their hands and wouldn't mind seeing more of these infinity coasters pop up.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby coasterlvr » Thu May 24, 2018 11:59 am

x2isawesome wrote:Went to the park yesterday to check out hangtime and really liked it. I think knotts really has a winner on their hands and wouldn't mind seeing more of these infinity coasters pop up.

IMG_4507.JPG

IMG_4514.JPG

:lol: :lmao: :b

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby tdaun » Thu May 24, 2018 4:33 pm

Question for you Knott's regulars, I'm visiting family in Orange County for the 4th of July, and was thinking of adding a trip to Knott's. But the only days that I can do are the 5th or 6th. I figured with it being summer Friday would be busier so I was curious if it would be better to try for Thursday or Friday? Thanks in advance!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!