Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

P. 300: Proposal rezones some land for distribution district
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby restoca » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:33 pm

"Nights in white satin,
never reaching the end"...

:?r

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mechanic » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:56 pm

"Breathe deep the gathering gloom."

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby cgodsey » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:40 pm

FYI, there were NO winners in the auction this week. They even extended it until yesterday. That means they got no minumum bids (35 million).

If you can't find one buyer willing to pay less than 10 cents on the dollar for the park, they obviously don't think the park can be successful in Myrtle Beach. I think the break up and individual ride sale is iminent!

Postby Ccron10 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:58 pm

cgodsey wrote:FYI, there were NO winners in the auction this week. They even extended it until yesterday. That means they got no minumum bids (35 million).

If you can't find one buyer willing to pay less than 10 cents on the dollar for the park, they obviously don't think the park can be successful in Myrtle Beach. I think the break up and individual ride sale is iminent!

Looks like this park will fade into history just like Freedomland and Wild West World. It's a shame though. They really put a lot of detail into the park and once and a while I'd take a peek at construction. I wonder who will get Maximium RPM and Led Zepplin?

I pee in space

Postby spacemtfan » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:25 pm

There were no bidders?!? Wow...I knew it would be hard for the park to find buyers, but...nobody?!?

I guess now, they're going to start auctioning off the park piece by piece.

I wonder how much Led Zeppelin's going for?
"Disney has a very strict dress code, which makes you wonder how Winnie the Pooh managed to slip by without wearing any pants."
--Stephen Colbert, on "The Colbert Report"

Postby thrillerman1 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:30 pm

spacemtfan said:

"No Quarter"

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby chef kitchen » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:36 pm

Man, I really wish this park could be given a second chance. I really enjoyed the park when I visited back in July.

Postby restoca » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:25 pm

thrillerman1 wrote:spacemtfan said:

"No Quarter"

Ha! Here's another Led Zep song title for the situation:

"What Is And What Should Never Be" :evil:

Seriously though, I wish I had visited this park, good or bad. I hope the most unique rides will find good homes.

Born when stamps were 2 cents

Postby OldJJman » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:11 am

I may ramble on a bit, and this may just make you sick again, but how many more times do we have to say that a park down by the seaside is going to fail. I mean, after being there all day, even Robb told them in the evening: Your time is gonna come! That’s the way of this business! But some hot dog there, and his friends, seriously believed that a rock and roll park down by the ocean will succeed.

Maximum RPM will probably be the rover and be propped up on four sticks before too long. Afterall, the wearing and tearing of that ride will be seen in the light of day. Led Zeppelin: The ride, is moving over the hills and far away, probably going to California. Yes, it’s a heartbreaker, and I’m gonna crawl into a hole because I didn’t get the credits.

Why can’t someone just admit that “it’s nobody’s fault but mine”, and as a team, we have had a major communication breakdown. Instead these idiots think “run for your life”, as some want to string them up on the gallows pole. I’m just dazed and confused by the whole thing. So I’m gonna go get my black dog, and have some tea for one.

Thank you.

JJ

(Btw - 27)

Postby restoca » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:34 am

Ha! That was great, Jeff! I found all 27. Couldn't you have fit Carouselambra in there somewhere?...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!