Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

P. 300: Former park land sold for $3.5 million
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Born when stamps were 2 cents

Postby OldJJman » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:23 pm

knottslover77 wrote:...Cedar fair quality.....

I am completely shocked that someone could put "Cedar Fair" and "quality", not only in the same sentence, but to have those combined words used as an adjective.

:?r :omg:

I Love Eli Manning!

Postby coastercrazed49 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:31 pm

Yeah this much better then any Cedar Fair parks.
I amazed at how this has come out. I thought it was going to be one of those family centers at first, but this is much better than that.
EBL [9:16pm]: I'm not much into politics. I got turned off while Abraham Lincoln was in office.

Fabulously FIERCE!

Postby DenDen » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:55 pm

montezooma wrote:DenDen- I usually agree with most of your posts but I have to challenge your last comment. Sure the rides may be same ol' same ol. But I think it is very exciting to have a new "from the ground up" theme park built and especially one with such an original theme.

I think Hard Rock is a brand that is perfect for a theme park and one that relates perfectly for the target market of todays theme park goers. I think it is very refreshing to have a new theme rather than something based on the wild west, foreign lands or blockbuster movies!

I for one am looking forward to everything about this park, except for its location (Myrtle Beach????) And I can't wait to take a legal Magic Mushroom ride!!!!

I'm sure the atmosphere is really going to make this park, (hopefully, it will be done right!!!) but as it stands, as someone else mentioned, it just reminds me of other stuff thats already out there, and IOA comes to mind for me as far as feel. I've done HardRock Seminole and Vegas, so I'm familiar with the feel of the brand. I was hoping for something more unique, and right now, the Ferris Wheel lift is the only thing, and it's not on a very big ride. Everything else has been done in one form or another.

I'm sure, once this park is done, and open, I will probably feel differently. It's just hard for me to tell at this point. Led Zep isn't wowing me, I'm only 3 hours away from Hulk, and is probably a much more exciting ride. I'm not one into the "credit" thing, so I won't travel unless it's worthy of it.
"To the floor! The only thing that will hold you up when nobody else will!"

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby mxman005 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:01 pm

It is looking at like in May I'm gonna have a chance to get up there. Really excited. The Screamscape update is pretty cool. I checked it out earlier. Very in depth. Can't Wait.
Howdy Partners. For your safety, remain seated with your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the train and be sure to watch your kids. If any of you folks are wearing hats or glasses, best remove em' cause this here is the wildest ride in the wilderness

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby willski » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:49 pm

A lot of the IoA development team worked on HRP. That's why you get that feel.

Too bad there isn't an Intamin drop tower or another major coaster. Maybe in time...

It looks interesting though. I hope they theme the mine train instead of just leaving it like that.

Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:50 pm

^ Yeah I'm hoping they put some trees in there or something.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Jekoon » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:05 pm

Led Zeppelin looks amazing!

One question comes to mind when I see the ferris wheel lift. Why?

Banned

Postby PURE » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:25 pm

^Yeah I don't get it either.

One main thing I've noticed is that it doesn't seem like there are any trees in the park! Is this just temporary because its still being built, or is the park just going to be full of concrete and facades?

I won't pass judgment until I see it in person, but my gut feeling says there's just not enough substance to fill an amusement park with things related to Rock music. But I hope for the best!
Welcome To Magic Mountain. Cheer up, you could be at Knotts!

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:36 pm

I was hoping for something more unique, and right now, the Ferris Wheel lift is the only thing, and it's not on a very big ride. Everything else has been done in one form or another.

How often does a park that's not Disney or Universal have something that hasn't already been done in one form or another? Hell, even Disney and Universal are guilty of doing rides that have already been used elsewhere.

I personally think it's cool that a new park is being built with a theme that hasn't been done before...which is about all you can ask for from a park without a Disney or Universal size budget.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:54 pm

Jekoon wrote:Led Zeppelin looks amazing!

One question comes to mind when I see the ferris wheel lift. Why?

Could it be for the same reason that Mack has build rides with the elevator lift system? To help conserve space in parks that might not have it?

Maximum RPM seems to be a very compact ride. Perhaps this was just Premiere's answer to an elevator lift where the current Mack version can only have 2 ride vehicles on it at one time and this iteration can house 4.

How's that for a fairly logical explanation? ;)

--Robb

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!