Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

P. 300: Former park land sold for $3.5 million
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Re: Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

Postby 3Mutts » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:32 pm

Well I think we can confirm Time Machine is going somewhere (track looks like it was taken apart carefully) hard to tell about Soak'd though.
Coaster Count: 142 total 94 steel 48 wood
Favorite Steel Coaster: Skyrush at Hershey Park
Favorite Wood Coaster: A tie between The Voyage at Holiday World and T Express at Everland
I'm posting from a IPad so I can't enable pics/video

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Richard » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:27 am

How much is Time Machine?

I'll buy it, the layouts not bad.

And I can use the speakers to whisper profanities in peoples ears.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Noporian » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:57 am

Richard wrote:How much is Time Machine?

It got removed recently from ITAL website so it got sold but it might've been around 11 million USD or something like that.
Last edited by Noporian on Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:57 am.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby GCI Wooden » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:09 am

Noporian wrote:

It got removed recently from ITAL website so it got sold but it might've been around 1 million USD or something like that.

Did you mean $11 million USD? 1 million seems a little low for a B&M.
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ~Harlan Ellison

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Location: Houston TX Former Astroworld since 1999, then Kemah Boardwalk

Postby historyfreak92 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:28 am

On Facebook about Grand Texas, they been the fans that are interested in the park were talking about this Time Machine Coaster, posted it on the page about it being for sale saying (this would be nice) not saying that the owner bought this, or may not happen, but if so this would be Perfectly Awesome for Houston, & Grand Texas!

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby SigilX » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:53 am

In response to other comments, yes I knew that Family Kingdom was there and it is a nice park but you hear little about it other than while staying there. Maybe that's all it needs to keep open, especially now it has no competition.

As for lumping together Pavilion and Freestyle, the reason I did wasn't to say that the circumstances were similar but that the fact that two big magnets to attract people to Myrtle Beach are gone. Yes the financial times and lucrative real estate of ocean front property contributed to it in a major way and for Freestyle it was poor planning. I really don't think though that there should be anymore attempts of making a major amusement park or theme park there, not when Myrtle Beach is trying to figure out their next stage in how they offer tourism and not when it seems that it is not a destination like California or Orlando is for amusement parks.
Parks I've been to: Knoebels, Dorney Park, King's Dominion, Hersheypark, Darien Lake, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Walt Disney World, Universal Studios Orlando, Dutch Wonderland, Six Flags Great Adventure
Coasters I've ridden Big Thunder Mountain (Disney World), Phoenix, Black Diamond

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:41 am

Cmbgo12 wrote:^Ahem... When did Family Kingdom fall into the ocean? I think that everyone in this thread has completely forgotten that Myrtle still has a kicka$$ (And financially stable) park.

Family Kingdom is NOT a kicka$$ park.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Postby Noporian » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:58 am

GCI Wooden wrote:
Noporian wrote:

It got removed recently from ITAL website so it got sold but it might've been around 1 million USD or something like that.

Did you mean $11 million USD? 1 million seems a little low for a B&M.

Yes thanks i fixed it now

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:08 am

As for lumping together Pavilion and Freestyle, the reason I did wasn't to say that the circumstances were similar but that the fact that two big magnets to attract people to Myrtle Beach are gone. Yes the financial times and lucrative real estate of ocean front property contributed to it in a major way and for Freestyle it was poor planning. I really don't think though that there should be anymore attempts of making a major amusement park or theme park there, not when Myrtle Beach is trying to figure out their next stage in how they offer tourism and not when it seems that it is not a destination like California or Orlando is for amusement parks.

There's a multitude of much larger seaside resorts in the US which are most assuredly not Anaheim or Orlando which have had increases and decreases in the number of amusement facilities throughout time. Just because Hard Rock Park didn't pan out doesn't mean a boardwalk style park near the beach (which is what Hard Rock Park most certainly wasn't) should perhaps couldn't be conceived or be successful. Pavilion was such a thing and would still be alive if not entirely for the real estate bubble pushing up prices. Again: it had nothing to do with an overserved or non-viable market, which if probably why there's a brokeass version of Pavilion in existence now and has been one for several years.

Postby Cmbgo12 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:55 am

larrygator wrote:
Cmbgo12 wrote:^Ahem... When did Family Kingdom fall into the ocean? I think that everyone in this thread has completely forgotten that Myrtle still has a kicka$$ (And financially stable) park.

Family Kingdom is NOT a kicka$$ park.

Well I mean its not in the same level as any major amusement park, but I've been going there for years and I've only had good experiences... The staff are friendly, the rides are pretty good (Swamp Fox especially) and the water park is really good for a park of its size. So while it might not be the most amazing park in the nation you're pretty much guaranteed to have a good (and not too crowded) time whenever you choose to go... :)
Coaster Count- 113 Wood- 23 Steel- 90
Top 5 Steel- Diamondback, Bizarro, I305, Montu, Apollo's Chariot
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Racer, Beast, Grizzly (KD), Swamp Fox (FK), Wildcat (HP)

If Fury 325 ends up being on the same level as Diamondback it may just kill me...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!