Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

P. 300: Proposal rezones some land for distribution district
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Re: Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

Postby Woodie Warrior » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:12 pm

Earlier in the thread somebody wrote that Time Machine was being sold for 9 million dollars. I don't know if that cost includes deconstruction costs, but with transportation and refurbishment fees the coaster would end up costing 11-12 million dollars total, wouldn't it? I doubt it would cost that much more to get a new and better B&M than to buy the used Time Machine ride.
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby IOE » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:25 pm

RandallDuell wrote:Thanks for the link to IOE's Facebook page! Fascinating stuff.

So cool that they thought, and are allowed, to promote their company by giving people a glance at the behind the scenes goings-on! That had to be surreal to be in the park, trying to get the ride going and then actually watch cars cycle! Curious if he's by himself, or if they have a maintenance guy with him to help clear the track/controls of weeds etc.

Cool stuff.

Glad you enjoyed what we posted. It's one of our goals to be able to give everyone a different perspective on the amusement industry. The experience being there was totally surreal. On one side, everything is overgrown with weeds, but yet there's still so much left to the park, it looks like it could open up tomorrow (with a LOT of cleaning that is). I worked with a few great maintenance guys who are helping with the general upkeep of the rides and the park. The rides themselves are still being kept clear enough and I was happy I was able to get RPM up and running.

-Brian

Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Postby SoCalCoasters » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:05 pm

^I got a good laugh out of the Towel dispenser 12 feet off the ground XD
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:11 am

From Screamscape:
Park News - (2/21/14) According to this article the owners of Medieval Times purchased a 4-acre slice of the former Freestyle Music Park site this week. Medieval Times will use the property for the exercise and grazing of their horses, and actually used the same land prior to the building of Hard Rock Park. A new corral has apparently already been installed. Medieval Times may not be done with land purchases either, as they apparently have their eye on a section of parking lot that sits between Medieval Times and the former Ice Castle building.

So here's a question...

It's $51 to go to Medieval Times in Myrtle Beach. The location, which sits on the same property as Hard Rock Park, existed before the park was built and is still open today so I assume it does well enough to keep their doors open.

How the hell do they manage to get people to come spend $50+ for a 2 hour dinner show, but Hard Rock Park couldn't get people to come ride roller coasters???

I can just see the Medieval Times management staring out at the empty HRP parking lot.. "I don't get it... people are coming to OUR attraction!!!"

This is just another perfect example of how much Hard Rock Park screwed up!!!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:36 am

^Did Medieval Times to do more to reach out to people staying in town via discounts and such?

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:43 pm

^^Maybe Medieval Times should buy the park and reopen it as Medieval Music Park. Eat ALL food in the park with only your hands. Be chased around the lagoon by knights with lances and experience Knights in Wooden Badgers: The Ride! :lol:
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:04 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:46 pm

^They could sell medieval Spam on a Stick, too.

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby soldier148 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:08 pm

I remember driving from Hilton Head back to VA, and I saw ONE billboard for HRP the whole way. I told my mom we should go back to Myrtle Beach and check it out and she said maybe next time... Oh well...

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:13 pm

I would imagine that Medieval Times is smart and markets to all the local hotels...

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:55 pm

Medieval Times probably only needs about 500 guests per show to make money. While HRP probably needed over 15,000 a day to break even.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!