Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

P. 300: Proposal rezones some land for distribution district
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Re: Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

Postby Woodie Warrior » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:07 pm

I hope Six Flags buys that flat and themes it to the Scarecrow villain from the Batman series. They could even make it an indoor ride.
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Kumba9 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:52 pm

It will be interesting where these rides and coasters actually end up. I also think SF will purchase some of these flat rides, but I'd also think some could be gobbled up and find a home at perhaps Kings Dominion or even a smaller park looking for a good deal. I'd really love to see my home park, Busch-Williamsburg, get a flat ride or two and find a home in the park.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:52 pm

arby wrote:This was also a cool flat ride:

[See last page.] What even are those rides? I rode the one at PNE Playland, and it was fun, but unnecessarily jerky!
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby arby » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:21 pm

^i don't know but hopefully someone here knows.

Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Postby SoCalCoasters » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:54 pm

I believe the top one is a Huss Breakdance and the Bottom one is a Huss Airboat
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Shavethewhales » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:17 pm

I guess the only other big ride to speculate about is the mine train. I know it's a bit homer of me, but I could see HFEC picking it up for either Darien Lake or Wild Adventures. Those things are incredibly dynamic with how theming can be applied to them. It's a shame this one was just left in the open.

I would say any smaller park could pick it up if it goes cheap, but it looks like it takes a fair bit of flat land.

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:51 pm

Skara Sommarland has both the HUSS Rodeo and Airboat flats posted on the previous page, and I have to say there both pretty awesome to ride.

On another note, am I the only one who actually think it may be a challenge for the park to sell the coasters?
Well, maybe not the roller-skater, but the others.

A coaster usually costs 40-50% of it's investment, so let's say Led Zeppelin was a 15 million dollar ride (it would most likely have a similar price tag if it was sold today, as it did when it was built). The the ride itself would be somewhere around 6-7,5 million dollar. A potential buyer would also have to pay for the removal of the ride, and that costs money like hell.

So in order for the ride to be sold, the price has to be low enough that it will be profitable to buy it and take it down. Then the buyer is also going to want a discount on top of that, otherwise why buy a used ride?

And the question is, is the one who runs the bankruptcy going to want to sell the ride that cheap? probably not.

The same goes for the smaller coasters, but the smaller the ride is, the easier it will probably be to sell I think.

Anyone else have similar thoughts?
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:51 pm

I'm assuming there is still no word on whether Time Machine has sold or not? I'm a little behind on the news and rumors...

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby simaticable » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:52 pm

Last I read on Screamscape was that some park may have bought it, but there's not concrete proof to support it.
Schwarzkopf was a genius; anything less makes you a moron. ;)

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby DanM64 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:20 pm

_koppen wrote:And the question is, is the one who runs the bankruptcy going to want to sell the ride that cheap? probably not.

The same goes for the smaller coasters, but the smaller the ride is, the easier it will probably be to sell I think.

Anyone else have similar thoughts?

I think they will end up selling Time Machine cheap. While I agree they won't want to sell it cheap, it's better to sell it at whatever someone is willing to pay than to just let it sit there and collect absolutely nothing.

I think the real question is whether it's cheaper to sell it to another park, or just scrap it? There aren't many who know the answer to that, but I'm sure they're working to figure that out as we speak.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!