Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:36 am

Led Zep is an "OK" ride, but would make sense for a park that's looking for a big coaster at a "bargain" price.

Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:38 am

I'm not sure they had the theming right for this whole park. To me it sounds as if it should have been called "Soft Rock Park", and used names like "Yanni -The Ride", The Michael Mcdonnald Experience, and The Streisand Swirl, etc. :lmao:

Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:58 am

Well if someone IS interested in buying it, we can rule out Carowinds, given the fact that the new coaster there will cost 30 million.

Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:17 am

I'm so fascinated to see what comes about this, though it'll probably be a bit of a let down when it actually is just preventative maintenance.

Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:28 am

PalmTree55 wrote:Well if someone IS interested in buying it, we can rule out Carowinds, given the fact that the new coaster there will cost 30 million.

I can only see it going into Cedar Fair's lost parks. Valleyfair!, WOF, CGA, or (if they get the pesky height restriction just 30 feet higher) MA would be delighted if they got Led Zepplin, or some of the other rides.

Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:35 pm

I went to Myrtle Beach last month and made it a point to drive by and check it out. It was quite depressing driving right by Led Zepplin and just seeing an empty track with no trains going through it. I found it interesting how there were still signs up for Freestyle Music Park at the intersection though.

Also my dad's cousin lives down there and went to the park when it first opened as Hard Rock and brought a mug, that he decided to give me. I find it funny because on the back of the mug it says "The Next Revolution", which I guess really means 'The Next Revolution of abandoned Theme Parks'...

Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:25 pm

Athletekim wrote:It was quite depressing driving right by Led Zepplin and just seeing an empty track with no trains going through it.

Oh, that's what it was like when the park was open, too. ;)

Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:43 pm

^ :nina:

Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:45 pm

^^ :lmao:

Lost money from day 1. Sad.

Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:06 pm

Led Zepplin, would also be a great addition for Wild Adventures, it is truly lacking a nice coaster.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS