Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

P. 300: Proposal rezones some land for distribution district
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Thu May 30, 2013 8:30 pm

Woodie Warrior wrote:I wonder if any park chains are interested in buying the property?
Six Flags could maybe add in a Batman clone and a few flats and get this park running again.

I think you're missing the point of why no parks are interested - the park was a bad idea to begin with.

It's not as though Six Flags, Cedar Fair, etc, don't know this park exists. Of course they do. They also probably know exactly why it failed... TWICE... and I can't see any park operator in the world wanting to come in and buy the property to do anything other than take the rides and install them in other parks.

This park will never re-open...or I should say never re-open successfully, so either at some point it all needs to be sold for scrap, or they'll have to get desperate and sell off all the rides.

--Robb
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu May 30, 2013 8:30 pm.

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Thu May 30, 2013 8:58 pm

robbalvey wrote:
Woodie Warrior wrote:I wonder if any park chains are interested in buying the property?
Six Flags could maybe add in a Batman clone and a few flats and get this park running again.

I think you're missing the point of why no parks are interested - the park was a bad idea to begin with.

It's not as though Six Flags, Cedar Fair, etc, don't know this park exists. Of course they do. They also probably know exactly why it failed... TWICE... and I can't see any park operator in the world wanting to come in and buy the property to do anything other than take the rides and install them in other parks.

This park will never re-open...or I should say never re-open successfully, so either at some point it all needs to be sold for scrap, or they'll have to get desperate and sell off all the rides.

--Robb

I get it, Robb.
I was just dreaming. :)

Anyway,
If those nutty people somehow get another deal to purchase the land, they should keep the theme-ing on all the rides, but the exit sign should say: "Hoped you enjoyed your ride to HELL!" with a devil impersonator next to it screaming at the riders about if they made the right choice. Have all the exits lead to a building where the owners can chain up park visitors and brainwash them that God hates rock music.

Oh god, I have a messed up brain. :lol:
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:27 pm

I found a neat relic of this park's short-lived past during my latest search on the park's history...

http://silvasdesign.com/work/view/hard-rock-park

Hard Rock Park
WORK TYPE : ENTERTAINMENT, PACKAGING
AGENCY : EMI / CAPITOL
As a theme park nerd, getting this assignment at work was a dream! For the launch of Hard Rock Park, Capitol was commissioned to put together a soundtrack of some of the music that was featured throughout the park and its attractions. I wanted a feel that featured publicity photos of the park's attractions but in a way that felt American, Rock & Roll and FUN. I combined the photos with some custom digital illustrations and lots of fun, vibrant colors.
c3b1d16d9357854fb5cb8ac058865d9dfddb07c2.jpg
07fba5ee6d0e5f5fbe0e476b588b8e5dcc193404.jpg
e9bf356e6abdc82ce75c864e321ff69d1958e106.jpg
5457a23f225a378d2fae55c1324e7e2af6e11021.jpg
9202ca5bcb3b090b00a9e078205b66d24206c117-1.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:42 am

^Good find. That looks like it would have been the most well done part of Hard Rock Park. :lol:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:07 pm

It still amazes me that the whole park is just sitting there, and besides that crazy church thing, there's nothing going on.

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:17 pm

^I can't see what else the land would be used for. It's obvious a park won't work there, and the previous outlet mall failed. I guess it's just not a good location. Or it's a haunted graveyard full of angry ghosts. One of those, anyway.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby goatdan » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:41 pm

Is it just me, or are those pictures of Zepplin shot with empty trains?

Postby Jew » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:47 pm

^An accurate depiction of the park. :lol:
Last edited by Jew on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:48 pm.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby goatdan » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:11 am

^ That was my thought exactly.

And just because I really haven't kept up much with the demise of this thing, can anyone tell me why in the world the rides are all just sitting there rotting? Is it in the hands of the government now who delusionally think that someone is going to show up, slap a new coat of paint on this thing and it will become this massive money-making park? Seems like whomever owns those rides would like to recoup some money, no?

Then again, the afterlife of this thing is no stranger than the life of this thing...

Postby Jew » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:56 am

^It's currently caught up in a convoluted web of bankruptcy and lawsuits. From what I can gather, basically the same ownership group keeps mortgaging and foreclosing on themselves. It's all so sketchy.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!