Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

P. 300: Proposal rezones some land for distribution district
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Freestyle pricing.

Postby wvurdking » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:17 pm

The pricing DID NOT go up. That price you are seeing includes the tax. Maybe they should say 39.95 + tax to avoid the confusion.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:07 pm

^A perfect example of why the park is going to fail. How could you drop the ball on something like that?

Another question for locals: are they actually partnering with other hotels, agressively advertising, etc?

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:12 pm

Lets call them and find out...
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby CHILLERLC1 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:41 pm

Mission Success: I made it to Freestyle Music Park 6/8. The park made for me: the Hard Rock Cafe pin collecting fan and rollercoaster enthusiast I am, I finally got to visit. : ) I rode The Time Machine 7 times and got every decade but the 80's. That B&M whips through the course though it has B&M Hyper valley shakes. I think it's the closest B&M to an outside of Orlando Incredible Hulk, especially with the super cobra roll, two loops, and a helix over the final brake run. The last corkscrew still is a strong one.

After about 3pm watching the Ice Show my friend and I went to Family Kingdom, Pavilion Nostalgia, and came back for the fireworks. They're nice. I really wanted to see the giant guitar light up. I just wish it was still Hard Rock. They really need a huge billboard on 501 with an arrow pointing to the park. At least Medieval Times is still there proving it can stand the test of time in that complex. That's encouraging though it's in a whole different industry.

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:18 pm

^Was the park very busy at all?

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby CHILLERLC1 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:06 pm

When I got there I was lucky to see about 15 cars at opening at 11. Once in the park when I was in Across the Pond I finally saw some families arrive to ride the Cabs. When we went to the Adrenaline show at 1 I could see from both pathways through Myrtle's Beach and the Across the Pond bridge people converging on the show. There were people in the park, not jam packed, but I liked seeing the family demographic represented. All the coasters were walk ons. In the evening is when I saw full trains on The Time Machine. My friend and I went to the Cool Country ice show at 3 and then left to go to Family Kingdom/Boardwalk at the Beach before we returned for evening Time Machine runs and the Fireworks. Great fireworks show. I'm glad to see the guitar all lit up. I just wish it was the Hard Rock logo. At closing there was at least 30 cars.

Papas

Postby Papas » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:50 am

At closing there was at least 30 cars.

Well this pretty much sums up this topic :)

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby monsterfan99 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:22 am

Sad to see they are still not drawing people. Hopefully they turn it around.

My only hope is they stay open long enough so i can visit. Come on staying open until late July.

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:53 am

This presents a sort of conundrum:

Drive 7 hours to visit this park before it ceases to exist....

Or drive to some other, more deserving, little park that could use the business to stick around for a while--and maybe deserves the attention more.

/Hmmm....

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby aarons1584 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:21 am

I was there yesterday, there were more people than I had seen anyother time. Asked a worker in Penny Lanes, if business is doing better. He said, yeah and they were prepared to buy the park at double the cost so cash is fine.
Also said they were going to build a floorless B&M next year, Why do I feel like he dont have a clue what he was talking about?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!