Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

P. 300: Proposal rezones some land for distribution district
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Spideyfreak » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:01 am

robbalvey wrote:
HELLO HARD ROCK PARK! YOU NEED TO FIGURE OUT A WAY TO GET THE PEOPLE COMING TO MYRTLE BEACH ON VACATION TO COME VISIT YOUR PARK!!!

--Robb

Ya know, I would have never heard of HRP if I hadn't been a theme park fan. They didn't do enough advertising. Going down I-95 on the way to Florida, I only saw one sign advertising it. No commercials or anything around Maryland. Shoot, half the people I talk to never even heard of it.

On the other hand, I was telling one of my friends about the park and its epic failure. Then he said "No way! Theme parks never close!" :roll:

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:29 am

Based on Robb's analysis of the new owners' latest statement, any bets on when this thread will be renamed "Hard Rock Park--Closed Yet Again"?

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:54 am

Let's hope the people from HR arn"t paying any attention to this simpletons ramblings, or they will never allow him to use the HR name. In which case this dude will be totally screwed as he will have to retheme a whole park in a matter of months.

Guy "Now I'm no theorist, but I believe that would be quite difficult." Koepp

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby carolinacaniac » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:24 am

Would it be possible to give the park a generic music theme and keep the rides the same if the Hard Rock name is dropped?

-Gary T.
"Imagine the Crystal Beach Cyclone with a Gerstlauer train!"

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby jmicha » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:33 am

^I'm not even sure keeping the names is really important. Hardly anyone went to the park last year so there wouldn't really be any confusion about why the names changed because if advertised as a generic music park, most visitors will think it is an entirely new park. They could change the names to generic music names that relate to what they were originally without using trademarked names. I think that this would be the most simple and cheap way of rebranding the park without having to pay for the trademarked names of Hard Rock and the bands used. It should also be able to be done in a matter of months. Geauga Lake did it when Cedar Fair took over, so I think a park of this size should easily be able to do it.

Resident Nintendo Freak

Postby Rocket Rodder » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:34 am

IMO charging $50 would be more suitable for.. let's say, something so grand you couldn't do it all in one day. Am I right, TPR?

I hope this new person knows what they're doing... There's no turning back now.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby BelgianGuy » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:16 am

Man if its true thats its sold for 25million US that is a steal!!
go figure that diamondback is just 3million cheaper than this entire park

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby MillenniumChild » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:21 am

I'm just happy this park will have a second chance. It should do very well now with season pass prices cut in half as well as the ticket price drop.

Now they just have to advertise the heck out of it so people will come.

Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:06 am

I'm gonna hope for the best with the new owners. Hopefully they will be able to see what went wrong with the park last year.

I personally don't think this park should even be a $35 park! When I can go online right now and buy a one day ticket to Six Flags Magic Mountain for $39, a park with 16 roller coasters and other attractions, a park with as few attractions as Hard Rock has should not be charging $35!

Personally, I feel that $29.99 is as high as the admission should go at this park for what they currently offer.

Robb, while I do agree that $35 is alot, other parks are charging alot more and getting away with it. Look at Magic Springs, they're charging $45 for a one day pass and I'm gonna take a guess that I would have more fun at Hard Rock Park than at Magic Springs. That park. Granted, they do have a waterpark included, but the entire park is very do-able in half a day. Magic Springs is also in a vacation-destination town, much like Myrtle Beach.

$35 is alot but it's better than $50.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:45 am

coasterdude5 wrote:Robb, while I do agree that $35 is alot, other parks are charging alot more and getting away with it. Look at Magic Springs, they're charging $45 for a one day pass and I'm gonna take a guess that I would have more fun at Hard Rock Park than at Magic Springs. That park. Granted, they do have a waterpark included, but the entire park is very do-able in half a day. Magic Springs is also in a vacation-destination town, much like Myrtle Beach.

$35 is alot but it's better than $50.

I don't know much about Magic Springs since I've never been there, but isn't the park in closer proximity to some of the local attractions, convention centers and golf courses than Hard Rock is?

And as far as local cities go, while neither of them boast a huge population, Little Rock's 180k is at least a bit stronger than Myrtle Beach's 22k.

I'm not sure if either park REALLY draws from any of the big cities within a few hours drive. Magic Springs has Dallas, the #7 most populous city in the US to pull from, whereas Hard Rock Park seems to pull mostly from Charlotte and Columbia and neither of those two cities even come close to the population of Dallas.

Family Kingdom, while no where near as "nice" of a park as Hard Rock seems to have the right idea. They have free admission with a pay-per-ride or wristband option (less than $25), the are open afternoons and evenings only, when it gets cooler and the sun goes down (people stop sitting on the beach and looking for something to do) and they are VERY convenient to anyone staying at the beach.

I still think Hard Rock's biggest challenge is getting people who have come to park themselves on a beach for a week to get in the car and drive to the park. Especially during the day.

I have no idea if Hard Rock Park can be a success or not, but the park has probably been the most epic failure in the amusement industry recently, but who knows, remember Magic Springs even failed once too.

Like I said previously, if you haven't gotten the credits, and the park does in fact re-open, I'd go get them ASAP...and I wouldn't book your airfare too far in advance just in case! ;)

--Robb

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!