Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

P. 300: Proposal rezones some land for distribution district
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:52 pm

This article mentions a second buyer might be interested.

http://www.wistv.com/global/story.asp?s ... =Printable

I wonder why SFI or CF don't put in a bid too. It seems like it wood be a cheap way to get rides for their other parks.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby palmerleeberry » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:52 pm

:shockr: "Holy (enter your favorite expression here)!!! Somebody bought Hard Rock Park and they are going to try and open the park up this Memorial Weekend?"

That was my expression when I logged onto Screamscape.com and saw on its opening line that a buyer for Hard Rock Park has been found. I am tickled to death (Or as they say in Zimbabwe in a translation: "I itched and itched and then I died") by this exciting news.

I don't have any plans to revisit this park this year (like I did last year), but I will keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best that the new owners can keep this park running better and much longer than the previous owners.

:br "Let's keep this park Rocking in the Free World!!!"
I''m not perfect; I just love to ride!!! :airtime: :airtimer:

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:50 pm

**note to self...never...NEVER use red or black font colors on TPR...it really sucks reading it**

But to contribute, I wonder how much it would cost to keep the dark ride in tack but just change the name? Like, keep the song but change the name. If it's anything like youtube they will cease operations until you find a new song or pick a song from their collection!
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby coolhandluke » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:48 pm

Speeddeamon128 wrote:^ I agree. They should plan a new theme & maybe add a new coaster so the public would get interested in it again.

They could probably advertise Maximum RPM! as a new coaster for 2009 and no one would notice it was intended to be (consistently) open last year.

"It's just been under construction for 20 months..."

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby SupremeClientele » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:10 pm

gisco wrote:This article mentions a second buyer might be interested.

http://www.wistv.com/global/story.asp?s ... =Printable

I wonder why SFI or CF don't put in a bid too. It seems like it wood be a cheap way to get rides for their other parks.

SFI doesn't have $25 million to spend. CF already has an Old Indiana, no need for another one. If they want a few cheap rides, all they need to do is look at the remains of Expoland, Camelot, Cypress Gardens, etc etc etc. They can wait till the end of '09 and there will probably be even more out there.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Carnage » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:32 pm

Interesting that I read this news on the same day I read about $99 flights out of Niagara Falls to Myrtle Beach.

"if" it re-opens I might look at getting down there before it closes again.

Although that "if" seems like a bit of a long shot.

Full Fledged Bi Enthusiast

Postby okinawaboy11 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:08 pm

They just need to advertise the CRAP out of the park. Mass advertising everywhere. I know a good 75% of my friends/coworkers/acquaintances go to Myrtle Beach at least once a year, and I live in Maryland.

I'm glad to see the park have a second chance. Lets just hope it doesn't fail again.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby sam06pr » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:11 pm

Well best of luck to the buyers, hopefully they can turn it around and make it a profitable park, despite its previous failure and horrible state of the economy

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby Capitalize » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:57 am

So apparently one group's plan is do pay-per-ride and free admission. If this plans goes into place and works then I will feel awesome for suggesting such a plan months ago... :lmao:

I'm the gyro!

Postby DerekRx » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:17 pm

^While Pay-Per-Ride would be nice to draw people into the park, I don't think there are enough rides there that you'd want to ride over and over again (especially if you have to deal with Led Zep's preshow every time!) I would think it would be more beneficial to either have a cheap admission rate of like $5-10, plus parking, and then either pay per ride or $25 for a wristband, or just flat out make it $34.99 to get into the park for everyone to get in and enjoy all the rides and shows they want.
All clear....

Dispatch, enjoy your ride.

Derek

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!