Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

P. 300: Proposal rezones some land for distribution district
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:32 pm

jedimaster1227 wrote:I can't imagine the park ever holding a successful footing in Myrtle Beach... Now if these investors were to announce that the park would be relocated to Orlando, I could see the place having a chance, but not in Myrtle Beach.

Of course Myrtle Beach can sustain a park--just not (apparently) an expensive one. But the Pavillion did okay. So, logically, if a new owner buys the park for much less than it cost to build, they don't need to charge as much and/or have as many visitors to make a profit.

/This might actually be the only way for Myrtle Beach to sustain a park that big. :P

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:00 pm

I brought it...

So all the local folks at the beach can proudly say "I can see russia (well a russian own theme park) from my house!"
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby sccoasterfan » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:01 pm

Electerik wrote:
jedimaster1227 wrote:I can't imagine the park ever holding a successful footing in Myrtle Beach... Now if these investors were to announce that the park would be relocated to Orlando, I could see the place having a chance, but not in Myrtle Beach.

Of course Myrtle Beach can sustain a park--just not (apparently) an expensive one. But the Pavillion did okay. So, logically, if a new owner buys the park for much less than it cost to build, they don't need to charge as much and/or have as many visitors to make a profit.

/This might actually be the only way for Myrtle Beach to sustain a park that big. :P

Living down here for the last 3 years I completely agree. I love the park just because it is my home park. But if they dont have low prices then they wont get any business. And when i worked at family kingdom and at some hotels nobody had even heard of the park and I would tell them about it. It needs to be better advertised like on all the signs for hard rock park put where it is. I mean if you are on 95 going north you see hard rock park signs but it never said where it was. So tourists didnt know where to look.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby holyblakbelt » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:10 pm

Hey, if they keep the music theme, they can make a Dragonforce themed ride with fire! :)

OK, my mind is wandering, but if the guys who bought the park gave the place more potential, this can be an awesome place to go.
Hanowski for Hobey 2012-13!

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby Capitalize » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:23 pm

Electerik wrote:

There really was no justification in charging as much as they did for admission. If it were around $30, then I could see it.

Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:03 pm

Hopefully this will be give the park a second chance, I always had a feeling somebody would buy it. It's too neat of a package to pass up. Somebody's smart enough to shape it (and its image) up.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby ETapley0687 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:04 pm

I hope this works too, but I don't think they should rush to open it this season.
Season Pass Podcast "Your Ticket To Ride" The Essential Theme Park Podcast.
http://seasonpasspodcast.com/

Thought "Laser Snake Horse" was real.

Postby Speeddeamon128 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:09 pm

^ I agree. They should plan a new theme & maybe add a new coaster so the public would get interested in it again. Also they should do a lot more advertising for 2010 & maybe that park will get those big crowds they anticipated last season but didn't get.
2010 Coaster Laps: 342
-Behemoth/Ravine Flyer II Tour 2008, East Coast Tour 2008, West Coast Tour 2009

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby carolinacaniac » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:16 pm

If they could do just one thing the same, keep Nights in White Satin as is, I will be thrilled! They could make any other changes they want :)

I suppose that means that this discredits the ideas of a HRP coaster going to SFA or Carowinds :b

-Gary T.
"Imagine the Crystal Beach Cyclone with a Gerstlauer train!"

Thought "Laser Snake Horse" was real.

Postby Speeddeamon128 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:43 pm

^ I was thinking the same thing. No HRP credits for those parks I guess.
2010 Coaster Laps: 342
-Behemoth/Ravine Flyer II Tour 2008, East Coast Tour 2008, West Coast Tour 2009

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!