TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Skara Sommarland Discussion Thread

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Skara Sommarland, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Page. TPR Index Page

Official Park Website

October 15th, 2008 - S&S Free Fly coaster coming to Sweden - SEE BELOW!

May 26th, 2009 - Tranan to open in four days

June 2nd, 2009 - Seat belts come undone during ride on Tranan

April 13th, 2011 - Skara Sommarland announces expansion

March 5th, 2013 - Park to add a "trap door" water slide

March 19th, 2014 - Park announces new ProSlidewater slide

August 29th, 2018 - Cobra: A polin water slide announced for 2014

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Post

You all remember that strange coaster concept that S&S came up with called Eagle Coaster right? You know, the one that you knew no park would ever build. Well, Skara Sommarland in Sweden is actually building one for 2009. The coaster will be called Tranan, and it will be over 65ft tall, 1640ft long, and have a top speed of near 25mph.

RCDB Link

If you don't remember the ride,

is a youtube link to the annimation. Edited by jedimaster1227

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My god, this ride will have the worst capacity ever.

The layout shows no MCBRs and the train only seats 8 people.

Not to mention the ride looks boring

Meh, this is a tiny little park, so capacity isn't a huge issue I don't think. I mean, it could have two trains still, so 16 people at a time isn't bad for a kid's coaster.

That's the thing to keep in mind too - this is a kid's coaster. It's not meant to eat crowds, it's just a cool little unique ride.

I hope they throw in some good theming with this. Some trenches would really make this ride.

Um...look up Eejanaika. But if you meant a version they came up entirely by themselves, okay, I guess.

Wow, for some reason I keep forgetting S&S took up Arrow when they went bankrupt... Plus looking back on the ride it doesn't really look much like a 4-D coaster, just something different.

^I agree. S&S was, when it started, more of a "Thrilling Flat Ride" manufacture. They made those launch/drop towers and continue to do so, but wanted to expand their horizons a bit more. So then they made the air launch coaster (for those who don't know, Dodonpa, Hypersonic XLC, and the Ring Racer to be made in Germany next year). Then VertiGo, then wooden coasters, then a few other things. This is their newest attempt at a great ride, and it looks to be pretty interesting. ^^So yes, it is new and VERY different.

I'm a fan of this thing. It looks interesting to say the least, and could possibly provide a bit of airtime on those roll-over-the-track parts. Left side looks like the place to sit, just for those last couple curves that leave that side hovering a couple feet over the water.

I hope the maintenance isn't an issue.

I just checked RCDB and the estimated capacity is 900 pph. I was impressed. Hope they can meet those numbers.

this looks fun and will fit in well at Skara Sommarland and their family market.

Summer 2007 we drove up there on a day trip from Gothenborg and the big attraction was the waterpark - and all the long q's were for the water slides. At the end of the day we went to the rides and the theming on the powered mine train indoor section was fun (Trolls) and the whales instead of logs on the flume was a laugh. so this bird on a family coaster will slot in nice I think.

Skara was a great day out in a waterpark with the bonus of some nice family rides. Liseberg was still the thrill part of the holiday.

• 1 month later...