Liseberg Discussion Thread

P. 289: Lisebergbanan gets new trains, station & facade!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Re: Liseberg Discussion Thread

Postby dcxs » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:30 am

Interesting, the flume is one of my favorites actually, how do we know its going to replace the existing flume? I still dont get where you found it tho =)

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby alejon » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:26 am

Liseberg is a limited company owned by the municipality of Gothenburg (yes, there are politicians on the board), and thus they do public procurements.

The dark ride coming in 2020 got "leaked" in the same way. I say "leaked" because the information is pretty open to anyone.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby cookiex » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:27 am

I struggle to see them place it anywhere without gutting FlumeRide or something equally large in return, especially when the document specifies that it’s not a coaster.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:18 pm

Found this really interesting YouTube video "Mega Machines - World's Greatest Roller Coaster." It's a pretty interesting watch. Escpially around the 20 minute mark when they show footage from the MACK plant on how the roller coaster track is actually made. The little robot running around pushing metal into the machine was pretty freaking awesome! :lol:

(Hope this is okay to post.)
Bigger is not always better.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby KarlaKoaster » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:20 am

The hyperbole is unbearable! There were a couple of interesting bits, though, so thanks for the link.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Looty » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:13 pm

I love these shows! They're so dramatic! Still gotta go with "no bolt guns, no Tatsu" as my favorite quote.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby lond » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:29 pm

Went past Liseberg today. The demolish of buildings due to the construction if a train tunnel "Västlänken" under the city has begun. The sporting arena Liseberghallen is first to be demolish, the main entrance, Rondo and a parking garage is up next. Liseberg is also demolishing other building to make space for a parking garage due to the construction of the hotell/adventure water land that will occupies the parking space south of Liseberg.

Bild00001.jpg
The demolishing of Lisebergshallen has started

Bild00002.jpg
Space for a new parking garage

Bild00004.jpg

Bild00003.jpg
They will remove the Christmas star from AtmosFear tomorrow

/// Marcus
On Quest for the Holy G Force
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageImage

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:41 pm

Swedish amusement park invests 14 million euros in new dark ride

060319konijn.jpg

The biggest amusement park in Sweden will open a new dark ride in 2020. That has Liseberg attraction park, located in Göteborg, just announced. The family attraction of 14 million euros, which is going to be called Underland, is completely dedicated to rabbits.

"Visitors are invited underground to experience the secret world of the rabbits, with several fantastic scenes", Liseberg says. The mascot of the park is a green rabbit. Underland will be the first darkride in Liseberg in more than forty years.

The transport system, with eighteen carts for four people, is supplied by the Italian manufacturer Gosetto. The track will be 190 meters long. A ride will take about three and a half minutes. For the decorations, the park will work with the Dutch company P&P Projects. The moving figures come from the American company LifeFormations.

The attraction will be located in the Kaninlandet children's area, which means Rabitland. A theater could be found at that location. In total Liseberg invested 19 million euros in the themed area.

Director Andreas Andersen expects a lot from the new darkride. "We are setting a new standard for this type of attraction in Sweden," he says. An old darkride with fairy-tale characters was demolished in 2017. "We promised our guests that the replacement would be bigger and better, and we are now meeting that promise."

Source
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 5. Taron - Phantasialand 6. Helix - Liseberg 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Goliath - Walibi Holland 10. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 232 || Parks: 45

Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:38 pm

^ This is like Mickey Mouse (and Minnie) finally getting his own attraction!

Good for the Green Rabbit and all his.....family. :wink:
Resize of IMG_5317.JPG
Me and the big green guy. TPR 2014 Scandi Tour.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby lond » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:48 am

A new batch of photos that capture the last months demolition/construction @ Liseberg.

Bild00001.jpg

Bild00002.jpg
The new Kanin attraction for 2020

Bild00003.jpg

Bild00004.jpg

Bild00005.jpg

Bild00006.jpg

Bild00007.jpg

Bild00008.jpg

Bild00009.jpg
Low hanging clouds

Bild00010.jpg

Bild00011.jpg

Bild00012.jpg

Bild00013.jpg

Bild00014.jpg

Bild00015.jpg

Bild00016.jpg

Bild00017.jpg

Bild00018.jpg

/// Marcus
On Quest for the Holy G Force
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageImage

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!