Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 675 - Dare Devil Dive Flying Machines for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: Google [Bot] and 18 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby Bamwa » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:49 pm

Good to hear. It spreads the lines to some degree, and wasn't bad last time I rode it.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby railsrust » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:44 pm

While not my favorite coaster, the boomerang at Fiesta Texas isn't a bad ride. Not exactly smooth, but it isn't uncomfortable imho. At this point, there aren't really any 'bad' coasters at the park nowadays.
Of all God's creatures there is only one that cannot be made the slave of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.
- Mark Twain, 1894

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby CaptainUnknown » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:31 am

Turns out there is a slight chance I could make my first visit to the park the weekend of September 13th. I know that's a fright fest weekend and would expect crowds, but is it possible to do a weekend at the park, hit up everything (minus the houses) without Flash pass? I would likely do Friday night, all Saturday, Sunday morning/early afternoon.
Take a Journey Into The Unknown Latest Update: Locked in the Land of Oz

Parks: 23
Coasters: 130 (24 wood/106 steel)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:38 am

^ that's plenty of time. . especially if you don't do the haunts (as that will be where the lines are).

keep in mind - not everything is going to be open (in particular, White Water Bay area is closed for season already (the prior weekend is the last, tho they are short staffed now anyways so a lot in there isn't running), and at least one coaster (Pandemonium) will shut down WAY early, as they use the queue area for a haunt . . same is true of Roadrunner Express (tho the haunt goes behind the queue area).

but yes, that's more than enough time, even without flash pass.

expect big lines for Iron Rattler (tho will be back to two trains by then), Wonder Woman (capacity), & Joker (new Hotness)

ETA: Texas is really big on "church". . so the best ride time you have will be Sunday Morning.
so if were me? I'd just go all day Sat & then back on Sunday until about 2pm. but if you're there? hit Friday night too, and if the Fright Fest shows are already running (not sure they started yet that early in Sept), make sure to catch a couple, they are good fun - tho they are almost all just "monsters" singing catchy 80's / "spooky" tunes
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby bert425 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:03 pm

hmm. . based on latest updates from Mr. Siebert on FaceBook, he really does seem to be implying that at least one of the two big outdoor theaters (which happen to be next to each other) likely will be going.

if that's the case, it really does open up a good chunk of land, and tho everyone (including myself) was thinking coaster of some sort. . . now I'm wondering if we might get a new "area" . . say something Steampunck/Screampunk inspired.

heck, even if just the Sundance Theater that is removed? that's plenty of space for a new area, that could include a few flats.

guess we'll see on Thurs!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby CaptainUnknown » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:21 am

^^Sorry I've been so late on thanking you, Bert, but I was hiding my face in embarrassment because I somehow forgot that SeaWorld, which is adding some GCI hotness next year, is ridiculously close to Six Flags. :oops: So thank you for the advice, but I've officially postponed my trip to next year and go to SeaWorld, too. :b
Take a Journey Into The Unknown Latest Update: Locked in the Land of Oz

Parks: 23
Coasters: 130 (24 wood/106 steel)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby XM Keeper » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:10 pm

Alright. Every August I throw my predictions for SFFT's new ride. So here goes.

I have been looking at the Six Flags Fiesta Texas map and been speculating on what we could possible be getting for 2020. Unfortunately, Jeffrey has been a little more quiet this year and there is also less prototype coasters in development, which Fiesta Texas seems to get a lot of. So my guesses are pretty vague.

Option 1: Removal of Sundance theater and the addition of a new ride. This goes along with the rumors that the new ride is coming to CrackAxle Canyon. Removing the theater would free up a bit of space, not enough for a big roller coaster or anything, but maybe one or two flats. The likely option.

Option 2: Removal of Boomerang and the theater close to it. A complete overhaul of the surrounding area. Replacing Boomerang would be a roller coaster that travels around the area, moving over the pathways. Don't have an exact idea on what kind of coaster type it would be, but probably something smaller. Something like this would really make a great entrance when guests move to the rest of the park (and yes, I know goliath gets most of the attention already). Unlikely, but I could still see it happening.

Secretly, I'm just hoping for a 199ft psuedo-hyper.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:49 am

World's Tallest Ride Of Its Kind!
Debuting next summer at Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Daredevil Dive Flying Machines, the World’s Tallest Ride of Its Kind. Guests will experience the thrills and sensations of weightlessness through aerial banks, loops and dives, all while seated in a retro four-seater steampunk flying machine. Sharply turning right side up and upside down, riders will break from formation and maneuver into aerobatic dogfights during the barnstorming journey, as they soar nearly five stories above Crackaxle Canyon.
ddd001-2_2.jpg
ddd002_2.jpg
ddd003_1.jpg
ddd004_0.jpg

Postby DILinator » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:53 am

I still remember seeing the TPR video about one of these, and I thought it looked really cool then. This one looks even better! Great addition for SFFT, and contrary to what some people are saying at the moment, I think it was an excellent teasing campaign by Jeffrey Seibert, and a great way to hype up people for a pretty unique and thrilling attraction!

Oh, and RIP Texas Gunslinger! This will definitely be a more picturesque use of that pad!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby jlp94 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:59 am

W.O.W. :| that thing looks crazy

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!