Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 650 - The Joker Wild Card announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 4286
Joined: 23 Dec 2011
Location: Austin, Tx
Gender: Male
Age: 51

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby bert425 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:41 pm

hoppedup wrote:^The flats just aren't for us. We are enjoying the lights and are on the platform for our second Iron Rattler ride. Wow! Maybe my second favorite RMC. I have actually taken a few non-ride pictures, something I rarely do.


if you didn't try it yet, go for Back car.

the "whip" effect when it dives off the canyon for the finale is incredible.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 4286
Joined: 23 Dec 2011
Location: Austin, Tx
Gender: Male
Age: 51

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby bert425 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:50 am

SUPER packed yesterday (actually never seen it that busy), due to a combo of horrible weather on Wed (so everyone came out Thurs), and a promotion SF is running to upgrade that gave out a wrist band for fast pass for the day . . and Bring a friend for $20.

surprised to see a few things closed that had been open for Holiday in the Park (the water rides, Goliath), but most everything else was operating with at least 2 trains, and the new Pirates ride now has signage up . .and while over there, got in a conversation with Park Manager Jefferey Siebert ! (just was chatting with a park employee who was walking by to comment on how nice the queue looked, and after a comment about Wonder Woman and how he rode it 35+ times in a row, I glanced at his nametag and realized whom I was talking to. . . LOL. . luckily, I had commented positively to him in the first place. . and we had a very nice 5+ minute convo, mainly about the Carousel) :)

trip report up later this afternoon/evening.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!
User avatar
 
Posts: 183
Joined: 17 Apr 2017
Location: Somewhere in the world
Gender: Male

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby fiestatexasfan » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:32 am

bert425 wrote:SUPER packed yesterday (actually never seen it that busy), due to a combo of horrible weather on Wed (so everyone came out Thurs), and a promotion SF is running to upgrade that gave out a wrist band for fast pass for the day . . and Bring a friend for $20.

surprised to see a few things closed that had been open for Holiday in the Park (the water rides, Goliath), but most everything else was operating with at least 2 trains, and the new Pirates ride now has signage up . .and while over there, got in a conversation with Park Manager Jefferey Siebert ! (just was chatting with a park employee who was walking by to comment on how nice the queue looked, and after a comment about Wonder Woman and how he rode it 35+ times in a row, I glanced at his nametag and realized whom I was talking to. . . LOL. . luckily, I had commented positively to him in the first place. . and we had a very nice 5+ minute convo, mainly about the Carousel) :)

trip report up later this afternoon/evening.

Iowa state band was there so that was the main reason it was packed. It emptied out quit a bit after they performed.
1. New Texas Giant 2.Iron Rattler

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 4286
Joined: 23 Dec 2011
Location: Austin, Tx
Gender: Male
Age: 51

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby bert425 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:51 am

fiestatexasfan wrote:
bert425 wrote:SUPER packed yesterday (actually never seen it that busy), due to a combo of horrible weather on Wed (so everyone came out Thurs), and a promotion SF is running to upgrade that gave out a wrist band for fast pass for the day . . and Bring a friend for $20.

surprised to see a few things closed that had been open for Holiday in the Park (the water rides, Goliath), but most everything else was operating with at least 2 trains, and the new Pirates ride now has signage up . .and while over there, got in a conversation with Park Manager Jefferey Siebert ! (just was chatting with a park employee who was walking by to comment on how nice the queue looked, and after a comment about Wonder Woman and how he rode it 35+ times in a row, I glanced at his nametag and realized whom I was talking to. . . LOL. . luckily, I had commented positively to him in the first place. . and we had a very nice 5+ minute convo, mainly about the Carousel) :)

trip report up later this afternoon/evening.

Iowa state band was there so that was the main reason it was packed. It emptied out quit a bit after they performed.


yep, that too. . I noted that in my TR, and even took some pics.

tho I didn't see it clearing out much after they performed (to be fair, only stayed about 40 minutes after they started the parade).
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Can I park my donkey here?
 
Posts: 48
Joined: 04 May 2018
Gender: None specified

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby whiteferrett » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:20 am

Rode the new pirates ride at 1 am on New year's with my 2 year old and my wife. We loved it. The theming was excellent and was not scary at all for my daughter. When we got off she wanted to ride it again. Unfortunately it was a one ride only night. Fiesta put on a great party to ring in the new year and new ride
MVIMG_20190101_010231.jpg
IMG_20190101_000511.jpg
IMG_20181231_220442.jpg
IMG_20190101_002615.jpg

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 4286
Joined: 23 Dec 2011
Location: Austin, Tx
Gender: Male
Age: 51

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby bert425 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:23 am

looks like y'all had fun, was the park super crowded? (hard to tell from the outside pics).

looking forwards to getting a ride on it later in Jan :)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Can I park my donkey here?
 
Posts: 48
Joined: 04 May 2018
Gender: None specified

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby whiteferrett » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:01 pm

bert425 wrote:looks like y'all had fun, was the park super crowded? (hard to tell from the outside pics).

looking forwards to getting a ride on it later in Jan :)


It was really busy during operating hours... Party however had a cap on how many people... Pirates was a 1 hr wait from midnight for us

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 4286
Joined: 23 Dec 2011
Location: Austin, Tx
Gender: Male
Age: 51

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby bert425 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:50 pm

whiteferrett wrote:
bert425 wrote:looks like y'all had fun, was the park super crowded? (hard to tell from the outside pics).

looking forwards to getting a ride on it later in Jan :)


It was really busy during operating hours... Party however had a cap on how many people... Pirates was a 1 hr wait from midnight for us


got to ride it yesterday, and my overall opinion?

Queue: A+ (almost up to Disney level)
actual ride: B- ( a bit too much reliance on cut outs, but the animatronics in there are good to great. . it's a letdown from the spectacular queue line tho).

overall, a solid B+ ride, and the best traditional Dark Ride I've ever been on at a SixFlags.
(the animatronics are better on Justice League, but for traditional dark ride, I loved this).

my full report (with lots of pics of the Pirates of the Deep Sea, and Mardi Gras festival) is up here:
https://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75911&start=80
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I think Intamin should make a donkey!
 
Posts: 155
Joined: 10 Jan 2016
Gender: Male
Age: 47

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby carolinaman » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:02 pm

SFFT was at Carowinds yesterday (Feb 23) for ACE Southeast Winter Warm Up. Here is a video of their presentation!!!

https://youtu.be/d2ykuheoDsw
Image

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!
User avatar
 
Posts: 626
Joined: 08 Dec 2014
Location: Xenia, Ohio
Gender: Male
Age: 21

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby drummermattk » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:00 pm

Some new concept art for "Joker: Carnival of Chaos" was released today in the Texas Thrill Seekers Facebook group by the one, the only, Jeffrey Siebert. Also released was the all new DC Super-Villian Swing concept art (formerly Whirligig I believe)

**ALL CREDIT FOR THESE PHOTOS GO TO JEFFREY SIEBERT**
©Jeffrey Siebert.jpg
Ride Entrance Concept Art
52637342_10219260037716290_4193808489623060480_n.jpg
Ride Entrance Concept Art
©Jeffrey Siebert1.jpg
DC Super-Villian Swing concept art
52602413_10219261477632287_4438335138291515392_n.jpg
52590236_10219261488512559_8322941755385184256_n.jpg
The following are illustrations for the ride panels
52629643_10219261490672613_8115554977415430144_n.jpg
52633022_10219261481592386_2345108094154964992_n.jpg
52846858_10219261489792591_7609631864583618560_n.jpg
52877890_10219261494672713_7985272547560128512_n.jpg
52983695_10219261483272428_1171331448129454080_n.jpg
53110921_10219261487032522_5651500517071781888_n.jpg
52598952_10219260037836293_6451120777868607488_n.jpg
New sign banners and holders? Below are the new banners
52602785_10219260026716015_1997285532102557696_n.jpg
52688638_10219260029916095_3129410427105050624_n.jpg
52823462_10219260029396082_8462765631182209024_n.jpg
52851304_10219260026075999_1028901871508520960_n.jpg
53211106_10219260027796042_5291770587687944192_n.jpg
53300083_10219260030956121_2027633620692238336_n.jpg
52877829_10219259886072499_1794323803103297536_n.jpg
Revamped Superman (Entrance?) and Gift store
52952669_10219259742988922_6817333900256215040_n.jpg
Revamped Superman Game Area booths
Drummer, Guitarist, Coaster Enthusiast and a metal head 
126 Credits and counting!
Creator of MK Media on all social media platforms!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron