Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:48 am

Yesterday I was able to do a tour of the new Pirate dark ride. Looks really good in person and was so cool to see a theme park build a dark ride in house. SFFT team has done a great job with and I can’t wait to ride it next year. I also was able to do a backstage tour of the Zaragoza tour. I had no idea the cool history of it. Like It was supposed to have a second huge balcony but they changed it last second. Or that the top has cell phone towers so they can’t get on top roof with out permission. It was kind of hard to get good photo as I had to keep walking but here are a few. Great day at SFFT overall.
Attachments
8B1B33CF-0972-4742-9B80-30562426B67E.jpeg
New scoring system for Pirate dark ride
97C4D7A0-7183-4124-95EB-318FA7D58E55.jpeg
The new queue line waterfall
BC7AC98C-0067-46F8-8E61-CC6376846DA5.jpeg
Shiver me timber’s
F14F66B7-A0D3-468D-9E15-73C106BAD0DE.jpeg
From the vip second balcony that I never knew was in the Zaragoza theater.
DA18F70E-EEE1-40F0-BC40-618D932AD546.jpeg
Spotlights from the third floor
6C82940C-8AF5-4230-A128-2C4BCEDB3F99.jpeg
Backstage
362D6E65-5519-4FF4-A2A6-82C3DB5738B4.jpeg
On stage of Majesty of Christmas

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:31 am

cool to see the pics from the theater tour. . haven't done that in years (like. . maybe 10 years ago, is when we last did that. . are they back to opening it as part of the behind the scenes tour? or was this a special 1 off deal for you)?

glad to see you had a good time at Fiesta!

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:55 am

bert425 wrote:are they back to opening it as part of the behind the scenes tour? or was this a special 1 off deal for you


Just saw you asked this. It was part of an event I attended.

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:16 pm

We're out here in line. It's windy AF. Not sure any coasters will run but we will get the layout in case we have to come back tomorrow. I was supposed to have my daughter back in NC for church on Sunday. Her mother told her she could choose roller coasters or church given our circumstances. She chose roller coasters. My girl!

We really want Wonder Woman, Iron Rattler, and Superman. If we get the clones, fine. If not, no big deal. Would probably only do BTR if we did a clone.

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:37 pm

hoppedup wrote:We're out here in line. It's windy AF. Not sure any coasters will run but we will get the layout in case we have to come back tomorrow. I was supposed to have my daughter back in NC for church on Sunday. Her mother told her she could choose roller coasters or church given our circumstances. She chose roller coasters. My girl!

We really want Wonder Woman, Iron Rattler, and Superman. If we get the clones, fine. If not, no big deal. Would probably only do BTR if we did a clone.


I say if everything is open best bet is to get wwglc knocked off the list first as soon as they drop the ropes... Its a little finicky and lines for that can get quite long. After that its an easy loop around to hit batman, superman, iron rattler, roadrunner, goliath and polterguist

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:39 pm

Does Wonder Woman have issues running in high winds? I'll give you the low capacity and the finicky nature of those rides, but with the way that coaster hauls through the coaster, I can't imagine where it could possibly valley.

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:41 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:Does Wonder Woman have issues running in high winds? I'll give you the low capacity and the finicky nature of those rides, but with the way that coaster hauls through the coaster, I can't imagine where it could possibly valley.


Idk if thats even been tested... Only issue i could see with wind and wwglc is after the chainlift it has the little dip before the main drop and thats the only slow part of the entire ride

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:13 pm

Just rode WW. Superman is not testing yet. App hasn't updated, is showing every thing as closed. Wind has died down a bit.

Got WW x2. Then Roadrunner. Iron Rattler is testing now. In line. What a beautiful park.

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:21 pm

hoppedup wrote:Just rode WW. Superman is not testing yet. App hasn't updated, is showing every thing as closed. Wind has died down a bit.

Got WW x2. Then Roadrunner. Iron Rattler is testing now. In line. What a beautiful park.


glad you're having good luck! once the front came thru this afternoon, wind dropped to nothing.. so with luck, maybe Poltergeist will open (it's my favorite in the park, and I like it better than Joker's Jinx).

Another unique flat in the park is Hustler (basically teacups, but done as pool balls). . if coasters do go down, check that out (it's near Wonder Woman and Batman).

(oh, and Spinsanity on the boardwalk, is a "next gen" Tilt-a-Whirl. . . and it spins a LOT if you get a good car. .so recommend that too, but again, it's got pretty awful capacity)

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:39 pm

^The flats just aren't for us. We are enjoying the lights and are on the platform for our second Iron Rattler ride. Wow! Maybe my second favorite RMC. I have actually taken a few non-ride pictures, something I rarely do.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS