Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 675 - Dare Devil Dive Flying Machines for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby Woodie Warrior » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:22 pm

I see this being cloned all around the chain, similarly to the original Batman: The Ride. It's relatively cheap (I'd assume), is very compact, and looks like a family friendly ride. Also, they are extremely unique from the look of them.
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

I Love Donkeys!

Postby cyberdyne-systems » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:27 pm

Hey guys! I just got back from SFFT today and thought I would share some BTR update pics with y'all. So, as previously noted, the track circuit is complete. However, there is still a lot of work to be done! The area around the ride is just dirt right now, and the queue is in its beginning stages of construction. The ride looks beautiful though! These pictures really can't portray how big the structure is in person. Can't wait until it is done!

A quick non-Batman side note: Roadrunner Express is still closed and no work seems to have been done on it. I asked one of the park employees what was going on with it, and he told me that the they "can't fix it because they need parts from the manufacturer but they went out of business." Now, he was probably talking about Arrow Dynamics, the manufacturer of Roadrunner Express which became defunct in 2002. Please don't quote what he said as fact, though, for it is just a rumor. For all I know, he could've just been making that stuff up. Anyways, enjoy the pictures!
image7.JPG
A pic of the completed track from Rockville. I like how the structure looms in the distance behind the ride entrance!
IMG_3104.JPG
Artsy lift hill pic lol
image3.JPG
image4.JPG
image8.JPG
The raven drop comes close to the train track!
image1.JPG
The chain lift mechanisms are on site and ready to be placed (I think that's what these are)! The chain itself is also on site, but I couldn't get a good picture of it
image5.JPG
Parts galore!
image2.JPG
IMG_3111.JPG
This is a chassis for one of the ride's vehicles. I'm guessing it's on site so that they can begin testing soon
image9.JPG
A bit of a creepy pic...these are roller coaster test dummies in storage next to SKC. I think they're getting them prepared for Batman testing!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:45 pm

Looks pretty good to me! I'm excited to see how it rides.

The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Postby chadster » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:56 pm

In regards to Road Runner Express, it's receiving an extensive overhaul, think Shockwave at SFOT when they did the multi-year rehab on it. In other words, new, new, and even more new pieces and parts. It's all infrastructure work, work that you never really notice or see, but always highly needed.

Postby Superbatboy » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:25 pm

The water dummies DO look a bit creepy all piled up like that :lol:
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

I Love Donkeys!

Postby cyberdyne-systems » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:21 pm

chadster wrote:In regards to Road Runner Express, it's receiving an extensive overhaul, think Shockwave at SFOT when they did the multi-year rehab on it. In other words, new, new, and even more new pieces and parts. It's all infrastructure work, work that you never really notice or see, but always highly needed.

This is good news indeed. Road Runner Express is in desperate need of this! It would also be nice if they brought back the coyote animatronics (were they animatronics or just statues?) that used to be scattered about the attraction, but this is still very good to hear. Thank you for the info.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby SFFTfan » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:24 pm

The only one I recall was the rock statue used to have Coyote trying to pry it. The rock would move and it would make noises. On the ground inside the helix, the Coyote was sitting on a rocket.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby cyberdyne-systems » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:38 pm

Batman testing is about to begin folks! The chassis for the first BTR vehicle has been placed on the transfer track and is awaiting assembly!! :airtime:
sfft2015.jpg
Photo from SFFT's Twitter page

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Ducky dude » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:44 am

TRAINS!!!!

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:55 am

I feel like this is going to be one of the additions that is over-looked this year. It seems to be in the shadow of Twisted Colossus, Wicked Cyclone, Cannibal, Fury 325, and Thunderbird. From what I can tell, this will be MUCH better than the Intamin ZacSpins (which I more or less enjoy, but they have their painful moments). I hope these S&S versions start popping up around the US, because they seem to be fairly compact and provide a LOT of thrill. Doesn't S&S have an even larger version with a MCBR?
Steel: 197 / Wood: 33 / Total: 230
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!