Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 675 - Dare Devil Dive Flying Machines for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Gimme Some Candy!

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterfreak101 » Mon May 20, 2013 8:16 pm

Tmcdllr wrote:
coasterfreak101 wrote:
"World's smoothest hybrid coaster."

Yeah, because NTAG can't avoid hitting all those bolts in the track!

"First ever looping zero-G inversion roll."

Um...sure?

Hitting bolts in the track..... really, do we have to go through this again? It can't hit the bolts.

Apparently blatant sarcasm isn't blatant enough without an emoticon. :roll:
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby boardwalkbullet91507 » Mon May 20, 2013 8:23 pm

To enthusiasts, the flaws are obvious, but to the GP, it goes unnoticed. There is some fraction of truth to the claims, so they aren't totally false, but that's the nature of advertising. You can't just say "come ride, it's awesome." You in a way have to inflate the claims a little bit to the point where they are truthful, but not completely false. It is the worlds steepest drop (on a hybrid) and is the worlds first zero-g-roll (on a hybrid),so in this case, it's just missing information. But hey, it's effective!

By the way, love the commercial! Very well done! I love the opening scene with the rattlesnake around the first drop! Its like Snakezilla!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Tmcdllr » Mon May 20, 2013 9:13 pm

coasterfreak101 wrote:
Tmcdllr wrote:
coasterfreak101 wrote:
"World's smoothest hybrid coaster."

Yeah, because NTAG can't avoid hitting all those bolts in the track!

"First ever looping zero-G inversion roll."

Um...sure?

Hitting bolts in the track..... really, do we have to go through this again? It can't hit the bolts.

Apparently blatant sarcasm isn't blatant enough without an emoticon. :roll:

I'm just cranky right now.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby RoCo » Tue May 21, 2013 12:30 pm

If RMC were a public company, I would buy every last share I could afford. They are rocking it so hard, it's insane.

GORGEOUS photos! Everything looks tremendous, the trains, the new logo, that symbol on the lift, THE TRAINS... Next year, without fail, I'm hitting this park. Has to happen.
"The Internet? Is that thing still around?"

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby LoopScreweD » Tue May 21, 2013 3:31 pm

Fantastic footage and photos, one question directed to those who filmed this how is it meeting up with the other 15 or so channels that immediatley posted footage from this event? Was there a battle for the front seat among the various coaster filming youtubers?
Have you ever seen the Demon? Have you ever heard him scream? Is the Demon what he seems? Or just a bad bad dream, Your gonna find...Your gonna find OUT, about the DEMON

I Love Donkeys!

Postby nRoK » Tue May 21, 2013 5:04 pm

The "Talent" had priority during media day. They all had a scheduled time for their shoot whether it was on the via satellite train for the news crews or the go pro camera train for the youtubers. Once all the live filming was wrapped up they took the satellite train off and left the go pro camera train until they needed the other train for travel channel to begin shooting. I got 2 rides in on the front car between 2-3pm. Overall it was an amazing experience. Almost half the people that showed up took off after the 1 hour or so lunch break for the ride operators. After that there was almost enough people to fill the 1 train which is where the majority of my rides came in, since no one had to get off. Again it was an amazing time and I can't thank the Fiesta Texas crew enough for the free swag and multiple rides. Sign me up for the next Fiesta Texas media event!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue May 21, 2013 5:30 pm

boardwalkbullet91507 wrote:To enthusiasts, the flaws are obvious, but to the GP, it goes unnoticed. There is some fraction of truth to the claims, so they aren't totally false, but that's the nature of advertising. You can't just say "come ride, it's awesome." You in a way have to inflate the claims a little bit to the point where they are truthful, but not completely false. It is the worlds steepest drop (on a hybrid) and is the worlds first zero-g-roll (on a hybrid),so in this case, it's just missing information. But hey, it's effective!

This is EXACTLY right. You can nitpick the ad campaign all you want, but at the end of the day SFFT only has what they are given to work with, and I think they did a MUCH better job than I've seen other parks do... (not naming any names!) ;)

I eat bugs.

Postby deathbydinn » Tue May 21, 2013 5:50 pm

ArizonaGuy wrote:So where's that truck they were supposed to have in the queue area or around the ride area for theming ??

From SDR

Add me on Simpsons Tapped Out - jongrundl

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby SFFTfan » Tue May 21, 2013 8:15 pm

This was posted on the Fiesta Texas facebook page today. It's a link to the About.com Iron rattler review.

http://themeparks.about.com/od/coasterridereviews/fr/Six-Flags-Iron-Rattler-Coaster-Review.htm

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby laqueefa » Tue May 21, 2013 8:51 pm

robbalvey wrote:This is EXACTLY right. You can nitpick the ad campaign all you want, but at the end of the day SFFT only has what they are given to work with, and I think they did a MUCH better job than I've seen other parks do... (not naming any names!) ;)

Tigga, please!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!