Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 675 - Dare Devil Dive Flying Machines for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: SixFlagsAstroworld and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Macaroni and Donkey

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby Meangreen16 » Sat May 18, 2013 7:15 pm

Road I-rat twice today. First in the second row, and the second time I was in the third row towards the back. (each time on the left side) Holy cow the back is AMAZING!! That first drop is amazing especially how it turns as you drop. With that said, I will try my best to compare irat with ntag. (Just road ntag exactly two weeks ago in the back). Irat really packs a punch. There is literally no room for you to breathe during this ride at all. The air time is beyond amazing. That ending, although you know what is going to happen, is so sudden it just tosses your body. AMAZING! Overall the advantage of Irat is the diversity in the ride. There are many more different elements then ntag which gives it an upperhand. Ntags advantage is the length of the ride. Ntag is awesome and fun for a longer period of time. Also there is more moments of airtime. However, I believe there are moments where you can sort of relax and take a breath, something Irat does not have. It's a really hard decision, but I'm going to favor Irat on this one! =) Reasons: First drop, different, diverse elements, quarry wall, air time, barrel roll and the cave!! Overall this is a huge win!
Some side notes. The water effect was not going today although there was fog and lights in the tunnel. I did walk on a section of the line when the floor was shaking (rattler effect), that was cool although I feel a lot of people didn't understand what that effect mean't lol. And I must point out that the line moves quickly!! That impressed me the most! So happy and excited to have this ride in San Antonio! Truly a remarkable ride and definitely worth your trip! ENJOY! :airtime:
Enjoy the shows

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Sat May 18, 2013 7:50 pm

Ducky dude wrote:
Mrlittle wrote: I think the exit now will not take you through the gift shop near by.

It still will. I saw a blocked of path they have been working on, leading right through there. :)

I'm not sure when I typed not. I meant to type will take you through the gift shop now.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby SFOverTexasFan » Sat May 18, 2013 8:37 pm

Went out to the park today and rode IRAT 5 times! It was truely an amazing coaster. So let's compare IRAT and NTAG. Fact: IRAT is taller, faster, and steeper. My favorite parts of the coaster were the first drop, barrel roll, and the tunnel towards the end of the ride. The first drop was crazy! It literally twist all the way down, and you can feel it. After the first drop you get some amazing airtime climbing the wall. Then the turn around drop down the wall was great followed by the awesome barrel roll! Freaking loved that barrel roll. After that there are various airtime moments on the top of the wall, followed by the amazing drop off the wall into the LED tunnel (my favorite part.) them some awesome airtime before hitting the brakes. Listen the ride was amazing, 100 million times better the the old Rattler. This is a must ride! Now as for NTAG, I don't even have to describe that ride cause it's also amazing. The advantage Giant has is that it's much longer then IRAT. I do wish IRAT could have been just a tad bit longer, but oh well, still amazing! I honestly don't know if IRAT is better then NTAG or not. I will say it's very close, and it's stressing me out that I can't decide! Lol if I can't make up my mind then they will probably just both be my #1, is that possible? Lol anyways IRAT is amazing guys. Make sure to check it out this summer!
CHECK OUT MY NEW SFOT FAN PAGE ON FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/SfotFans

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby SFFTfan » Sat May 18, 2013 9:07 pm

I got 7 rides on iRat today and it's AMAZING! Loved the first drop and the different spots of airtime in the ride. Awesome no matter where you sit, but the back is insane going over the first drop. Ntag is longer and I like them both but iRat is my #1 because of its uniqueness being in a quarry and a barrel role. Drop in the tunnel is awesome. The water effects were on in the early part of the day. I was impressed by how quick the line moved and the hard working staff.
It did go down for a little over an hour while they took one train off and in the maintenance area and after that the 4th car was blocked off for both trains. Not sure what happened but after that there were no problems.
Did go by after dark when I got a chance to see what it looked like at night but the lights were already off by 9:40 when I passed by.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Meangreen16 » Sat May 18, 2013 10:45 pm

The ride was down for about an hour and 45 minutes today. We waited it out because it kept looking like progress was made but then another one would come up. Staff was great. Even saw the park president on scene watching over and even helping with getting the trains going.
Enjoy the shows

I've got the ASS Burgers

Postby BigBomer » Sun May 19, 2013 5:31 am

As others have said, Iron Rattler was amazing, I personally liked it better than NTAG. No two seats give the same ride, I tried out every row and found that row 3 gave the strongest airtime. Other than the down-time from about 1 to 3, yesterday was amazing. Thanks Fiesta Texas for putting on this event, It'll keep me renewing my pass.
Last edited by BigBomer on Sun May 19, 2013 4:36 pm.

The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Postby chadster » Sun May 19, 2013 7:48 am

TPR was at media day for the opening of Iron Rattler, Rocky Mountain Construction's latest insanely awesome hybrid coaster at Six Flags Fiesta Texas! And much like the POV suggest, our butts spent more time out of the seat than in it!

The lift hill on this baby is quite intimidating at 179 feet and offers a fantastic view of the park. The train reaches the top and slows to a crawl giving those in front time to reflect on the craziness that lies ahead before plunging 171 feet in a near vertical 81 degree drop at an astonishing 70mph!

Zooming past the rock wall going up and under the zero-g roll and then up again before hitting the first of many over banked turns you have the feeling of never being in your seat. The ride maintains it's speed nicely through the roll before some crazy overbanked twisting turns leading to a small bunny hill that sets you up for the big plunge into the tunnel! The amazing part of this section is that you have no clue as what is about to happen! When the train falls off the cliff it picks up a hellish speed that zooms so fast entering the disco tunnel that your brain simply can't process what just happened! The ride ends with another nice pop of air before being brought to a gentle yet quick stop.

RMC has created yet another winner and Six Flags Fiesta Texas is proud to own her. No doubt Iron Rattler will be a top 10 coaster in the next polls! Get out to SFFT and ride this monster, you won't be disappointed!

Special thanks to Jeffrey, Jamie, the entire iRat ride crew, and all those at SFFT for putting on a great event, you guys rock!

If you haven't liked Rocky Mountain Construction's facebook page, do it NOW!

Check out and SHARE TPR's Iron Rattler POV Video!
iRat 431.JPG
Maintenance is getting Iron Rattler ready
iRat 440.JPG
The local news stations are getting ready
iRat 448.JPG
The ride crew is ready....
iRat 113.JPG
Iron Rattler is READY!
iRat 121.JPG
Jeffery Siebert says "Let's GO Let's GO Let's GO!!!"
iRat 421.JPG
Rattler's sign is looking good!
iRat 129.JPG
The station has been revamped; the splash of orange really sets it off nicely!
iRat 082.JPG
That's one bad ass looking train
iRat 137.JPG
And I can't forget the tail enthusiasts! I know some of you would love getting your hands on some tail!
iRat 143.JPG
We love the iRat sign, it sets the mean tone for the ride and will be an iconic park symbol for years to come.
iRat 191.JPG
The first drop is crazy as it twists to the left heading almost straight down at 81 degrees! As soon as you head down, you know it's gonna be a great ride.
iRat 155.JPG
Then you zoom past the rock wall at a blazing 70 MPH!
iRat 223.JPG
and head under the zero-g roll with a burst of air time
iRat 140.JPG
and now into the first of several over banked turns ensuring that your butt is all over the place!
iRat 250.JPG
The zero-g roll is a pretty amazing element for sure, and the best part....it's smooth as silk
iRat 283.JPG
After twisting and turning the train appears out of nowhere
iRat 208.JPG
Take the tunnel!!!!
iRat 213.JPG
And one last pop of air before you hit the brakes
iRat 352.JPG
There wasn't a single person who didn't have an OMFG what just happened look on their faces
iRat 334.JPG
See? Told you.
iRat 318.JPG
And we're rolling!
iRat 382.JPG
After all the time out of the seat, you butt gets firmly planted with some nice force, but not for long!
iRat 404.JPG
iRat's ending ranks high on the list for me in best endings as it leaves you wanting more!
IMG_2138.JPG
They have some cool looking merchandise for Iron Rattler
IMG_2142.JPG
YOLO!
IMG_2136.JPG
This group of nerdy characters is thrilled with the new Iron Rattler!
iRat 482.JPG
Want more you say? Absolutely you do!
iRat 511.JPG
Visually stunning
iRat 515.JPG
But it wouldn't be a RMC ride without something over the top crazy
iRat 520.JPG
Like the zero-g roll
iRat 497.JPG
The second drop is our favorite, comes out of no where, and instantly picks up steam
iRat 532.JPG
You hit the disco tunnel at such a high rate of speed that you get the feeling you might crash into it!
iRat 581.JPG
Awesome setting, and tons better than old Rattler, sorry old Rattler fans
IMG_2167.JPG
We even get a chance to meet up with fellow TPR peeps!
iRat 545.JPG
After a few more rides we headed up to the top of the mountain for an exclusive photo opportunity
iRat 502.JPG
Robb gives iRat a big thumbs up!
iRat 727.JPG
Craziness!
iRat 667.JPG
Down the hatch
iRat 737.JPG
This is what 81 degrees of hair time looks like
iRat 672.JPG
Iron Rattler is certainly one of those rides you want to get off, and back on, over and over.
iRat 701.JPG
I just can't get over how well it fits in with the rest of the park
iRat 741.JPG
Its like its meant to be there!
iRat 676.JPG
Speaking of going over ;)
iRat 774.JPG
Coming out of the roll before a series of crazy over banks
iRat 654.JPG
Reach for the sky!
iRat 779.JPG
Everyone needs to get to SFFT and ride Iron Rattler, these folks would agree!
iRat 593.JPG
Wish you were here?
iRat 078.JPG
Again, I can't say enough what a great job RMC did with Iron Rattler, a solid ride that's a great fit for the park, smooth, crazy, super fast, and most of all it's an amazingly fun ride!

Thanks Six Flags Fiesta Texas for having us, we thoroughly enjoyed Iron Rattler!

Be sure to POST YOUR COMMENTS!
Last edited by chadster on Tue May 21, 2013 10:25 pm.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Sun May 19, 2013 8:36 am

^great Photos Chad. That picture showing off the hair as they fall 81 degrees is really great. That first drop is my favorite on any coaster I have been on. Can anyone see a trend here? Nothing but positive reviews for Iron Rattler.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Location: Houston TX Former Astroworld since 1999, then Kemah Boardwalk

Postby historyfreak92 » Sun May 19, 2013 8:43 am

Chicka Chicka Chicka Chicka! Chicka Chicka Chicka Chicka! Chicka Chicka Chicka Chicka! Iron Rattler's pictures looks delightful! I wish I was out of Houston, I'm bored!

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Sun May 19, 2013 9:01 am

Nice pictures. This thing just looks awesome!

P.S: The name "disco tunnel" fits very well. :lol:
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!