Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 675 - Dare Devil Dive Flying Machines for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby Ducky dude » Fri May 17, 2013 10:07 am

Indeed!

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby oriolat » Fri May 17, 2013 10:24 am

SharkTums wrote:^And you only need to be 48" tall! This flyer needs one more proofing!

I know there must be a typo in this flyer, but back when Spanish Superman la Atracción de Acero opened, the height restriction was 120 cm (48 inches), and it's also a B&M floorless...

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Ducky dude » Fri May 17, 2013 11:39 am

oriolat wrote:
SharkTums wrote:^And you only need to be 48" tall! This flyer needs one more proofing!

I know there must be a typo in this flyer, but back when Spanish Superman la Atracción de Acero opened, the height restriction was 120 cm (48 inches), and it's also a B&M floorless...

No. they didn't change the stuff for irat.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby SFFTfan » Fri May 17, 2013 5:52 pm

Will both iRat and SKC be on Insane Coaster Wars or did they shoot iRat for a different show?

I Love Donkeys!

Postby SFFTbajam » Fri May 17, 2013 7:57 pm

Sorry guys I was in a hurry this morning for today's shoot when I made those edits ! Hope all that attended today's shoot had fun ! :lmao:

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri May 17, 2013 8:00 pm

SFFTbajam wrote:Sorry guys I was in a hurry this morning for today's shoot when I made those edits ! Hope all that attended today's shoot had fun ! :lmao:

No worries Jamie! Sorry to nitpick your stuff, but hopefully it got noticed before too many people with 48" kids signed up!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Fri May 17, 2013 8:10 pm

I got to ride Iron Rattler (stop counting after 24) today for the Travel Channel shoot. We had a great group of riders today. Everyone stayed on the ride till 5 and everyone was still clapping, hands up and yelling the whole time. I wish I was on the ride right now. Okay, do yourself a flavor and wait till it warms up to get on this coaster.The coaster goes so much faster when its really hot. That first drop is beyond awesome. The little bunny hill after the barrel roll is full of airtime. Irat has made it high on my ranking after so many rides today. I basically sat in each row and I think my favorite is last row, left.

SFFTbajam wrote:Sorry guys I was in a hurry this morning for today's shoot when I made those edits ! Hope all that attended today's shoot had fun ! :lmao:

Jamie thanks again for letting me part of the shoot. Tell the whole Iron Rattler crew that they did awesome today. I'm already trying to plan my next trip to come ride it again.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby ArizonaGuy » Fri May 17, 2013 9:50 pm

So aside from the lights on the lift hill, is there any other lighting being used on Iron Rattler like in the past? Or maybe upgraded to LED???

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby boardwalkbullet91507 » Fri May 17, 2013 10:17 pm

HUGE thanks to Jaime and the crew again. Today literally was one of the best times of my life. I got to meet a bunch of new people and ride an insanely awesome coaster too many times to count. Overall it was just an incredible day. The ride ops were absolutely fantastic. I know it can be an exhausting task to appease several enthusiasts, especially on a new coaster that's so highly anticipated. By lunch, we hasn't ridden that much, but after the iPads they were filming us use to rate the coaster overheated (it got very hot today), they went straight to filming off ride B-Roll footage with a remote controlled helicopter thing (I'm assuming especially made for filming). Fred Grub made a cameo appearance, and the smile on his face when we all came back into the station each time clapping and cheering was priceless. The Iron Rattler is incredible intense, like Mrlittle said above, back left is the best. The back is where you get all sorts of crazy airtime especially on the first drop, the hill after the barrel roll, and going back down the quarry wall into the tunnel. The group of riders today was excellent; very enthusiastic and not a single person with their hands down. I think it's safe to say the footage filmed today is going to be great! I can't wait for this to air! Whatever number one is on your coater bucket list, just bump everything down one spot and put Iron Rattler in top. It's a must ride!

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby SFFTfan » Fri May 17, 2013 11:09 pm

ArizonaGuy wrote:So aside from the lights on the lift hill, is there any other lighting being used on Iron Rattler like in the past? Or maybe upgraded to LED???
From Bojangles' Famous Chicken 'n Biscuits's video, you can see there are lights shining up under the first drop and another one on the side that looks like it would be aiming at the "IR" on the structure

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!