Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Supergirl Sky Flyer Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:06 am

mary.pesik wrote:I want a Grid themed Tourbillon.

Based on the 252 hint, I'd be stunned if this attraction is themed to anything outside of Supergirl.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby caffeiengirl47 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:14 am

Former season pass holder taking my first trip in about 5 years soon--can't wait to try Wicked Cyclone, based on comments here. Two questions if anyone can help out:

1. Does Superman The Ride have seat belts in conjunction with those thick-looking lap bars?

2. I swear I once got some kind of Flash Pass equivalent for Hurricane Harbor--would have been around 2013-2015. I assume this has been discontinued, as I don't see it on the website anymore. (it also didn't work very well) Does anyone remember this existing at SFNE?

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:34 am

^ Yes Superman has seatbelts. I'm not sure if they're the same belts as when the ride originally opened or if they were modified at any point.

I don't recall SFNE ever having a Flash Pass option for the water park, but I have seen it at some other parks.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby heatherrrrz » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:35 am

Hurricane Harbor New Jersey has the flash pass option and it seems to work well for that park, but they also do things differently than us. It seems their water park gets way more crowded so there's always a line for tubes. Not so much with our water park in New England.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:32 am

Supergirl Sky Flyer Ride Landing at Six Flags New England in 2020
SFNE- 2020 New Capital - Supergirl - Key Art_SMALL.jpg

New DC Super Hero Attraction Will Spin Guests Head Over Heels

AGAWAM, MA ― August 29, 2019 ― Six Flags New England, the Thrill Capital of New England, in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products on behalf of DC, announced its newest thrill ride launching in 2020—Supergirl Sky Flyer. Guests will take an adrenaline- charged flight on the all-new Supergirl Sky Flyer attraction as they soar nearly 7-stories through the sky in open-air vehicles. Drawing on DC Super Hero Supergirl’s powers of stamina and strength, thrill-seekers spin and tilt at maximum speeds while being inverted at 80° from the massive, whirling wheel. The ride is raised as riders are launched into a high-speed spin, feet dangling...round and round...higher and higher.

“Innovation is part of our DNA here at Six Flags New England and Supergirl Sky Flyer delivers breathtaking new thrills,” said Park President Pete Carmichael. “The renowned DC-branded attractions are extremely popular with our guests and we are excited to add this cutting-edge attraction bearing Supergirl’s name to our epic lineup of world-class attractions.”

Supergirl Sky Flyer’s heroic highlights:
• Guests fly in open air seats with feet dangling;
• Super-sized wheel begins to spin horizontally, then a giant arm lifts and tilts the wheel
to a vertical position as the high-speed rotations continue throughout; and
• 24 riders repeatedly reach a maximum spinning height of 67-feet in the air.

Supergirl Sky Flyer is scheduled to land at Six Flags New England in the newly themed DC Universe section of the park in late spring 2020 to recruit fliers 48” and up.

For more information on Supergirl Sky Flyer and next season at Six Flags New England, visit, http://www.sixflags.com/newgland/newfor2020.

Six Flags New England is also announcing the start of 2020 Season Pass sales with its special Flash Sale through Labor Day weekend featuring the best deal of the year—savings up to 70% off of a 2020 Pass.
August 29 through September 2, guests will receive a free upgrade to a Gold Combo Season Pass with every Pass purchased. Gold Combo Season Passes include admission to Six Flags New England, and any other Six Flags theme park, as well as free parking and special admission offers for friends.

During the Flash Sale, guests who sign up for a Membership receive three free months and an exclusive Golden Ticket valid select days through the remainder of the 2019 season. Launched last year, the Six Flags Membership program offers guests a wide range of valuable benefits such as preferred parking every visit, unlimited soft drinks, up to 50% off almost all food and merchandise in the park, and exclusive perks that are only available to Members. Members who sign up for Six Flags Membership Rewards, the company’s new loyalty program exclusive to Members, earn points for almost everything they do at the park. Points can be redeemed for free food, merchandise, and special experiences.
Supergirl Sky Flyer Photo 1.JPG
Supergirl Sky Flyer Photo 2.JPG

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby coneyislandchris » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:24 am

Endeavors are awesome rides. This will be another great addition to the park. From the renderings it appears it's going to take the spot formerly occupied by Kryptonite Kollider / Joker's Wildcard. Not too surprised that's going away, I mean, it makes sense now that Cyborg's opened up... there isn't really a need for two Trabant-like rides. (Well, I guess there isn't a need for two boomerangs or two pendulums either, but let's take one step at a time.)
That coaster dad [336] and that coaster kiddo [216]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Raptor. Twisted Timbers. Fury 325.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby SK4494 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:27 am

Looks like a solid ride. Perfect area for it! I just hope they rename Catwoman and GCG to something that's not Batman related

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Sportsdude360 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:36 am

I see SF is investing heavily in these Endeavors. Nice themeing!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby heatherrrrz » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:31 am

coneyislandchris wrote:Endeavors are awesome rides. This will be another great addition to the park. From the renderings it appears it's going to take the spot formerly occupied by Kryptonite Kollider / Joker's Wildcard. Not too surprised that's going away, I mean, it makes sense now that Cyborg's opened up... there isn't really a need for two Trabant-like rides. (Well, I guess there isn't a need for two boomerangs or two pendulums either, but let's take one step at a time.)

Others have said Kryptonite is being moved, especially based on town meeting records where they've requested to move a ride. I just wonder where it's going in the park.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:27 am

Assuming this goes where Kryptonite Kollider currently is, the ride will look fantastic there in Superman's spaghetti bowl. Nightwing always did.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!