Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Supergirl Sky Flyer Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:44 am

coasterbill wrote:Are they relocating Goliath to the surface of the sun?

No, hopefully La Ronde.

boldikus wrote:Maybe they are just going to relocate SFMM's Green lantern right next to Joker.

Makes perfect sense since we already have two boomerangs, two wipeouts, and two frisbees. :cry:
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Bamwa » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:05 am

I was also there for the first time this Monday from Fiesta. Good time. Got the red egg. Scored TC FROTD. Superman was intense but not sure why it held so many golden ticket awards. Gauntlet mouse was a huge mistake to go on. Cyborg was good for the AC mostly. Had a pretty good time but yes the Goliath was a migraine machine. The intensity matched the headache. Worst parts were the line at JB's Smokehouse (one cashier during lunch rush) and several unavoidable vomit clouds I had to walk past. 5 rides on WCyclone total were all fun but the outerbanks were a little aggressive for my tastes. Overall 8/10.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:11 am

^ Most of Superman's awards came when it had the t-bars and when it switched to the current restraints, B&M started building gigas and RMC came onto the scene.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:21 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:
boldikus wrote:Maybe they are just going to relocate SFMM's Green lantern right next to Joker.

Makes perfect sense since we already have two boomerangs, two wipeouts, and two frisbees. :cry:

You're picking up what I'm throwing down.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:27 pm

Having that and Goliath in the same park would give this park one heck of a bad one-two punch.

Postby thrillrider » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:58 pm

Attention von roll skyride fans. I just found a bunch of pictures of the old von roll skyride at SFNE. These were taken on a trip I made to the park several years ago.

I posted them on my Facebook page here...
https://www.facebook.com/379228192703850/posts/403740613585941/

I hope it's ok that I post that link on here, if not feel free to delete.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby ice1972 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:38 pm

Nice visit today.....got there about 4:00 or so....we are about 25 min away and have Diamond Elite passes so parked in Preferred and got our STL passes and season FP and we’re off......WC was really hauling - caught two rides on that in the back half.....usually we’re in the front half and my daughter was like “I feel like it really screamed over the hill on the drop”.....lol.....then we went on Thunderbolt in the back.....damn if that wasn’t the bumpiest ride I’ve had on that ride.....IDK....then on to Superman....thing is the ride had been closed for a while - when we got there at 4:00 it was already closed and it didn’t reopen until about 7:00.....I was nervous to go - that’s just me being 46 yr old about it and wondering why it was down and if it’s really been fixed.....but my 12 yr old death defying daughter forced me to go.....we rode car 6 front row red train which is the row behind the vacant back row of car 5 which is the remnant of the sound system from years back....holy smokes....what a great ride.....train was hauling serious ass.....we got in another ride on blue train in same row about 90 min later and while good it wasn’t the same as the red train ride....we left after that....I got the reminder I needed of why Superman is so good....man that red train ride was superb......

Also seemed like a lot of rides were down at various times today.....Superman and Batman we’re down and Gotham City was too.....Riddler and Joker we’re being problematic too....oddly Goliath was running problem free.....still didn’t ride it lol.......

Finally I’d love opinions on what causes Superman to go down......is there a top one or two thing that closes it for hours that’s a common theme to it? Like maybe the lift hill was the problem? IDK.....

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby Jason Maier » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:55 pm

coasterbill wrote:Are they relocating Goliath to the surface of the sun?

Can we also relocate any Vekoma SLC (well except for Great Nor'Easter and possibly Riddler Revenge) to the sun as well?

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Blind Idiot God » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:18 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:^ Most of Superman's awards came when it had the t-bars and when it switched to the current restraints, B&M started building gigas and RMC came onto the scene.

It still holds up (especially near the end of the day, or when it's been raining), but yeah, if it wasn't for WC, it would be the only thing worth going to the park for.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby mary.pesik » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:34 am

I want a Grid themed Tourbillon.
THE GRID

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!