Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Supergirl Sky Flyer Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby SixFlagsAstroworld » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:26 pm

maybe they'll get a 252 foot sky screamer and balance it on top of the existing sky screamer for extra height
Coaster Count: 108
Check out my latest project: Six Flags Cypress Adventures
HARD ROCK PARK Coming to Chaos Crafter 2019!!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:09 pm

^ There's no need to do that. It's still the world's tallest swing ride according to them.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Zand » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:35 am

So I talked to the Dippin Dots guy and he said we're all wrong. Theyre replacing Goliath with a 252 foot tall Screaming Squirrel featuring 8 inversions!

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby rramstad » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:35 pm

Hi. I'll admit I haven't read the 792 pages of posts, but then again, I'm sure the first 600 or so are out of date LOL.

I am going to make my first trip to SFNE since I used to have a season pass in 1991 back when it was Riverside.

I understand a bit has changed...

I'm wondering if the regulars can help me out with a couple things.

First, is there a suggested ride order first thing in the morning OR rides that have notoriously poor throughput that should be hit early?

Second, the $30 for parking is nuts, but at least it sounds like we can drive out and back in, so we'll probably go elsewhere for lunch and a break in the hottest part of the day. Any recommendations for somewhere relatively nearby for a relaxed off site lunch?

Oh, and I guess I'll ask one more... any rides that are especially awesome at dusk or night?

Thanks in advance for any information you can share!

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Chasehat » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:38 pm

Honestly, unless you’re going on a weekend SFNE never gets crowded enough that you need to prioritize doing anything first. As for lunch, there’s a pizza place down the street called Nicky’s pizza that’s very very good. And ride Superman at night and in the front seat.
Top 10 coasters
1. El Toro 2. Superman (SFNE) 3. Steel Vengance
4. Skyrush 5. Maverick 6. Millennium Force
7. Wicked Cyclone 8. Storm Chaser
9. Boulder Dash 10. Fury 325

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Sluggo77 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:39 pm

rramstad wrote:Hi. I'll admit I haven't read the 792 pages of posts, but then again, I'm sure the first 600 or so are out of date LOL.

I am going to make my first trip to SFNE since I used to have a season pass in 1991 back when it was Riverside.

I understand a bit has changed...

I'm wondering if the regulars can help me out with a couple things.

First, is there a suggested ride order first thing in the morning OR rides that have notoriously poor throughput that should be hit early?

Second, the $30 for parking is nuts, but at least it sounds like we can drive out and back in, so we'll probably go elsewhere for lunch and a break in the hottest part of the day. Any recommendations for somewhere relatively nearby for a relaxed off site lunch?

Oh, and I guess I'll ask one more... any rides that are especially awesome at dusk or night?

Thanks in advance for any information you can share!

Depending on when you are planning to go you might want to just buy a season pass since the sale is coming up very soon. Get’s you admission and free parking every visit for the rest of this year and all next year for all SF’s parks. Not separate water parks though. Best coasters are Superman and Wicked Cyclone and both are great day and night. Much improved coaster lineup now compared to the Riverside days. Harley Quinn is my favorite flat. If you are looking for a nice sit down restaurant to break up your day Cals in West Springfield isn’t to far away and I’ve never had anything I didn’t like there. It’s really good. https://www.calswoodfiredgrill.com/

Postby rramstad » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:48 pm

Thanks for the season pass suggestion but I'm coming from Seattle and haven't been to SFNE in about 30 years.

(I did have SF Magic Mountain passes last year, precisely for the reason you mentioned, we were doing a multi day visit and was cheaper to just buy passes for everyone... too bad that was last year.)

I don't think it is likely that we would be able to use the passes again this year... though it is an interesting suggestion, as it doesn't take much for the pass to make sense.

We'll be at the park Monday so I am not sure if the sale you mentioned will happen in time.

Hmmm. Interesting concept for sure though.

Thank you for the restaurant suggestion. I appreciate it.

Mostly I was looking for any warnings regarding rides that are kind of useless in terms of re-ride potential but tend to have long lines because of the way they are constructed... always seems to me that every park has a couple of these, and I'm wondering which ones match that description at SFNE.

The Cyclone was one of my favorites and I'm really excited to see what they've done with it.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Sluggo77 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:56 pm

Oh yea the sale won’t start by then. To bad since you could have used it closer to you later this year and all next year. Cyborg is the newest ride and has low capacity so if you want to do it that may be one to do early. It’s a family indoor flat with some decent theming down by Superman. If you want a spinal adjustment hit Goliath earlier if it’s open. It can gain a line just do to capacity to. If you have a history with SLC’s still don’t skip Ridder. New restraints have made it fun without head banging. Wicked Cyclone is awesome. Post your thoughts compared to Cyclone here after you get to ride it.

Outside of that just go to the ride types you enjoy the most.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:24 pm

If you want to ride Goliath, ride it as soon as you see it operating since it will likely break down and/or have a slow moving line. Outside of that, I usually find the two worst waits are for Harley Quinn and the New England SkyScreamer.

For coasters, Pandemonium gets the longest queue but it has an unmarked single rider line up the Flash Pass ramp.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

Postby rramstad » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:49 pm

Thanks for the advice, really, and please anyone else chime in, I'm actively reading the thread, happy to listen to all suggestions.

I suspect that Joker is probably also one to hit early because of capacity?

I had some GREAT rides on Cyclone back in the day especially in late fall, when it was warm in the day and cold at night... the ride would really speed up as the rails cooled off, especially if it had been humid.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!