Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 781 - Cyborg Hyper Drive Media Day
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I teach at the school of donkey!

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby TheDarkMaxim » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:30 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:- Even though they have an indoor queue with several switchbacks, they're having the standby queue form on the main midway outside the building. This is a bummer since the inside queue has some theming, is air-conditioned, and the midway got pretty congested. I think it would really help to either find a way to let the Flash Pass riders enter through the exit or remove Flash Pass entirely from this ride.

I noticed this, I wonder why. Maybe something to do with it getting too hot in there, or firecode occupancy in the line?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:26 pm

I know the old Joker's Wildcard had an issue with AC when it was inside that same building, but it felt cool yesterday and it was quite hot out.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Canobie Lake Park & Six Flags New England- Goliath Only

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Srosdude » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:58 am

It’s for grouping purposes. It allows us to group Flashpass and ADA Passes into the queue before we send general riders inside.
208 Feet Up, 221 Feet Down. If you're not scared, you should be. Enjoy your ride on Superman.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:00 am

^ Thanks I figured it was to have a merge point.

Do you know if they considered routing the Flash Pass and ADA passes through the exit?
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Canobie Lake Park & Six Flags New England- Goliath Only

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Srosdude » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:06 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:^ Thanks I figured it was to have a merge point.

Do you know if they considered routing the Flash Pass and ADA passes through the exit?

They considered it but decided against it because they did not want an overflow of people in the gift shop.
208 Feet Up, 221 Feet Down. If you're not scared, you should be. Enjoy your ride on Superman.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:14 pm

^ Ah ok. Yeah that gift shop was pretty cluttered every time a ride cycle ended.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:04 pm

I had an hour to kill before meeting friends in Springfield, so I decided to stop into Six Flags. I figured that'd be enough time to get a ride on Superman and Wicked Cyclone.

Go figure they were both broken down, but against all odds Goliath was somehow running. It seemed like a sign I should ride it.

I used to defend this ride. But I now see the light. Ouch.

I never thought I'd visit SFNE and only ride Goliath. :lol:
IMG_20190628_202008.jpg
What are the odds this is running with Superman and Wicked Cyclone being closed?

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Chasehat » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:08 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:I had an hour to kill before meeting friends in Springfield, so I decided to stop into Six Flags. I figured that'd be enough time to get a ride on Superman and Wicked Cyclone.

Go figure they were both broken down, but against all odds Goliath was somehow running. It seemed like a sign I should ride it.

I used to defend this ride. But I now see the light. Ouch.

I never thought I'd visit SFNE and only ride Goliath. :lol:

I truly cannot wait for the day they finally pull the plug on this piece of shit. Literally anything else would be better than that waste of space. Which is really sad because the ride kicked ass with the old train.
Top 10 coasters
1. El Toro
2. Superman (SFNE)
3. Steel Vengance
4. Skyrush
5. Maverick
6. Millennium Force
7. Wicked Cyclone
8. Storm Chaser
9. Boulder Dash
10. Fury 325

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:31 pm

^ Even the employee at the Flash Pass center joked they should replace Goliath with a RMC Raptor.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Blind Idiot God » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:21 am

Goliath is a money pit at this point. I was there yesterday (didn't ride it, especially not with the gnawing headache that was already hindering my enjoyment of the day) and I don't think I even saw it go out with a full train once because the line was so short. No one likes the thing on the rare occasions where it is operational, and even if they brought back the old trains, the damage was done a while ago.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!