Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 781 - Cyborg Hyper Drive Media Day
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Wed May 08, 2019 5:32 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:"Goliath is open."

:nina: :nina: :nina:

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby mary.pesik » Wed May 08, 2019 5:39 pm

I'm going to start chanting "SHED" during Cyborg Hyper Drive next month when I go. It's meant to be a reference to a ride on Mystic Timbers where the group starting chanting "SHED" for no reason. Either that or the Big Time Rush "WHOA OH OH OH OH"
THE GRID

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Srosdude » Thu May 09, 2019 9:18 am

mary.pesik wrote:I'm going to start chanting "SHED" during Cyborg Hyper Drive next month when I go. It's meant to be a reference to a ride on Mystic Timbers where the group starting chanting "SHED" for no reason. Either that or the Big Time Rush "WHOA OH OH OH OH"

I’ll stop the ride :oops:
208 Feet Up, 221 Feet Down. If you're not scared, you should be. Enjoy your ride on Superman.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby ice1972 » Sat May 11, 2019 11:49 am

Not anymore.....lol....poor Goliath

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Blind Idiot God » Sun May 12, 2019 8:51 pm

ice1972 wrote:

Not anymore.....lol....poor Goliath

Who wants to put down money on this being its last season before they put it out of its misery? The thing hemorrhages money and has done so for most of its time in the park. I can't imagine them wanting to keep dealing with the same problems that never seem to get better for much longer.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon May 13, 2019 8:51 am

I remember when we all thought Goliath's addition spelled the end of Flashback. Oh times have changed.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Arnolds Park & Nickelodeon Universe/Mall of America

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby logrog04 » Tue May 14, 2019 2:04 pm

I wonder what SNFE is going to do with Goliath?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Home Parks: Six Flags New England & Six Flags Great Escape
The Comet is the best!

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby ice1972 » Tue May 14, 2019 3:33 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:I remember when we all thought Goliath's addition spelled the end of Flashback. Oh times have changed.

They need to tear down Goliath and Flashback and put something sweet in.....there’s a good chunk of space there if Goliath and Flashback are gone.....

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat May 18, 2019 10:50 pm

Did anyone make it out to SFNE for Cyborg's commercial shoot? I'm intrigued to hear both how the ride is.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Arnolds Park & Nickelodeon Universe/Mall of America

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby RyanVaitkus » Sun May 19, 2019 8:32 am

I was at the park yesterday and luckily was asked to be on the test run for the commercial for Cyborg: Hyperdrive. The queue is surprisingly highly themed for other things seen previously for things in SFNE. The ride takes place within Star Labs and it’s just a Chance Freestyle. There are screens around the lab explaining some sort of story but it was quiet and relatively inaudible; I’m also hoping that the animation gets some sort of update before it opens, because it is currently really bad. The queue for the ride is very short it’s just a cattlepen behind the gift shop, so I would expect opening weekend to have some lines outside the building. That is another thing, the entrance to the ride is a little obscure being off to the side of the building. The ride itself was enjoyable! It was in the dark with lasers and lights, animation and dialogue; but once again you could not hear any of the dialogue. Another strange thing about the building itself was the garage door which led to outside. Looking at the front of Star Labs there is a garage door which if opened leads right into the attraction. So this attraction that takes place in the dark is not actually in the dark because of the beams of light that glare through the garage door. Also, when the attraction reaches its maximum angle (I guess) you are blinded whenever you reach the ceiling as you are confronted with rows of LED lights right in your face. The building seemed like it was just able to fit the ride. Sorry that this is jumbled and seems to relatively bash the ride. Overall, great ride but a little underwhelming. Hope I didn’t spoil the ride for you all. Any other questions just ask!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!